What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan's rant, Greenberg's response

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Jeez, i think im actually starting to respect Greenburg. That presser on NRL.com was great!!!

Its pathetic that coaches use refs to cover their own failure and that disrespect filters down to ref abuse in juniors.

There should be a private system for conplains to be made, but i a coach so much as mentions the existence of refs to the media they should be given a big f*cking fine ($100k straight up, down to $30k with a decent apology)

davi

Juniors
No nonsense Anthony Griffin no whinging, no crying, no finger pointing.

THERE were no shortages of excuses.

But Anthony Griffin didn’t make any after Penrith’s 13-6 NRL semi-final loss.

The Panthers coach refused to point the finger at referee Gerard Sutton’s decision to stop play when Brisbane winger Corey Oates was knocked unconscious.

Fox League commentator Mark Gasnier was adamant it should have been play on with Penrith looking try-bound after Oates lost possession when he was left senseless in a sickening collision with teammate Anthony Milford in the 21st minute. Instead Sutton blew the whistle and play was stopped for minutes as Oates was taken off the field in a medicab.

“I am not going to complain about referees. We had our opportunities to win the football game,” Griffin said upon his return to Sydney on Saturday.

“That is probably indicative of the whole year. There have been some calls in different moments of the game.

“But as a team and a club we are not going to sit back and complain about referee calls.” However, Gasnier believed Sutton’s call cost Penrith a try at a crucial time in the sudden-death clash."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/00b0bca18cf9c083e122ed0e78fdaa1e

M2D2

Bench
Jeez, i think im actually starting to respect Greenburg. That presser on NRL.com was great!!!

Its pathetic that coaches use refs to cover their own failure and that disrespect filters down to ref abuse in juniors.

There should be a private system for conplains to be made, but i a coach so much as mentions the existence of refs to the media they should be given a big f*cking fine ($100k straight up, down to $30k with a decent apology)
You sure do love your stupid ideas dont you.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Geeze Bennetts comments sound familiar

“It’s a difficult one. It is pretty unfair on the coaches because their season is finished and they are in a pretty bad emotional state,” Bennett said. “Then they go to a press conference and are asked about the referees — it’s pretty hard not to say what you really think.

“I have a lot of empathy for them. It’s the last place you want to be.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wa...r/news-story/c67643ce9dc54baaa09bbe41830e8b0e

"No comment".

Look, i just saved the clubs 50k. I should be a consultant...

Perth Red

Post Whore
f**k the media, despite no real controversy they still tried to create one over a nothing alleged Taumolo shoulder charge. The media is the real problem here, reign them in Toddy!

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Sharks got knocked out of the finals like 6 months ago,why this thread still going.
This. Flanno had his say. He got slugged 30k. Move on. None of this changes the fact that there is not one ref who does a consistently good job and that the bunker referral system is fundamentally flawed.

Canard

Immortal
This. Flanno had his say. He got slugged 30k. Move on. None of this changes the fact that there is not one ref who does a consistently good job and that the bunker referral system is fundamentally flawed.

Yeh stop talking!! Oh by the way my two cents is this

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
f**k the media, despite no real controversy they still tried to create one over a nothing alleged Taumolo shoulder charge. The media is the real problem here, reign them in Toddy!

I want to see the ARLC declare war on NewLtd...

It would become an absolute shitfight, but RL needs a common enemy. We have been entirely without direction since 2012 because we suddenly arent fighting for survival.

We clearly dont have the maturity to give ourselves direction (without a common enemy, our factions just go after eachother), so we need to find a bigger enemy.

What bigger enemy is there than News-f*cking-LTD? They almost killed the game with SL, they deathride the game at every opportunity and this isnt even mentioning the abuse some individual players cop (that John Mannah shit was truely disgusting)

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Media conferences are pointless if you can't answer the way you want.
Coaches should walk in sit down and then answer every question with a promotion for the clubs sponsors and advertise club membership.
Don't give a real answer to any question

When your biggest salesmen are saying "the game is rigged, the refs are cheats", that isnt promotion...

Imagine the owner of a Macca's branch standing up and saying "the burgers are rat-meat and the shakes are Ronald's cum". Do you really think the corporation would think "good, im glad we are getting this promotion"?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
You sure do love your stupid ideas dont you.

Yep, terrible idea protecting the refs from abuse, setting a standard for juniors to respect officials and protecting the reputation of the game.

Greenburg should be whipping these refs through the streets, so they know the Grand Overloads in clubland should never be challenged.

Yep, terrible idea protecting the refs from abuse, setting a standard for juniors to respect officials and protecting the reputation of the game.

Greenburg should be whipping these refs through the streets, so they know the Grand Overloads in clubland should never be challenged.
Or they could try and improve them rather than spending millions on the stupid bunker.

Latest posts