What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - User name & Pic

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
I served him coffee at our school fete last Sunday( I was working the coffee cart). His boys are in the same class as my son.
Haha awesome! Do his boys play Rugby League?
From memory he played a few games for Parramatta after he left the dragons.
I just remember him being the great white hope as he was coming through the grades at saints. Bit like Damien Chapman

Life's Good

Coach
Haha awesome! Do his boys play Rugby League?
From memory he played a few games for Parramatta after he left the dragons.
I just remember him being the great white hope as he was coming through the grades at saints. Bit like Damien Chapman
They do.
I remember Kusto scoring a slashing individual try in reserve grade at Kogarah on a lovely, sunny Sunday afternoon. Must have been around 1993 and I remember thinking this bloke will be a star. I remember the wraps on Chapman and before him Cameron Wade.

Dragsters

First Grade
Used to love the show ground speedway especially the solo bikes.
Jim Airey, Nigel & Eric Boocock, Greg Kentwell, Ken McInlay, Johnny Boulger to name a few and of course the test matches v the poms were fantastic nights.
The wood chop at the easter show was another terrific event also with test matches v the Kiwis and the Poms and of course the greatest thing of all was the Dragons playing at 3pm on Sat at the SCG.
Whilst getting old is a shit thing at times, those moments are totally irreplaceable so am rather glad some days that I am an old timer.

Hey OT, I bought my first motocross bike as a teenager from Jim Airey's shop with the money I earned doing a paper run and used to race it at his track out in Sydney's west. Top bloke and they were fun times...

Great thread LG and interesting... it's funny how diverse the background and ages but we are united in one great tribe.

Too old too slow.

The origins of this simple phrase for me goes back to my introduction and love for the Big Red V.. and one of my greatest disappointments in my life.

In my hometown, playing footy in the front yard of a mates place some 45 odd years ago.. we were joined by one of his 'old' family friends.

We split into teams and this 'old' guy was on my team. Our team of 7 year old kids and this old guy went pretty well... we had a ball and he made us all look good.

Funny that .. he spent a lifetime making those outside him look good.

I said to him after our game (as kids do) your not too bad for an old bloke... his reply .. "too old and too slow" .

At the time I thought it was hilarious... now I know how he felt.

I never followed a team at that stage ... but after this brief interlude with the 'Baron of Bruise'... I was a dragon for life.

And the great disappointment, I never saw the great man play live.. well apart from that one time.

The avatar .. the man who showed me the way.. the Red V way.

Last edited:

dannyt

Coach
My name says it all a saints fan on the west coast and the avatar is pennywise the clown from Stephen kings it liked the movie and love his red hair and white head for obvious reasons
You do realise that many people have a pathological fear of clowns, especially that one.

Qdf

Juniors
All great pacers,I once had the the pleasure(if you call it)of mucking out the stable of Cocky Raider & feeding it.The race Mt Eden won you are talking about was the Miracle Mile in i think 1971 couldn't believe he won that race.
I remember witnessing one of the greatest match ups ever.1970 i think when Cocky Raider put a end to Lucky Creeds 24 straight winning sequence.
The little Cocky won by half a head.
Went down in the record books as one of the best finishes of The Australia Day Cup at Harold Park ever.Cocky received a standing ovation at the presentation that seemed to go on forever.Cocky Raider was a little horse of true grit...maybe not as good as the champion HALWES...but he was definitely a crowd favorite & champion in their eyes..

Qdf

Juniors
My user name comes from the fact that in 1966 as a 15 year kid I was sent away to a boarding school in Bowral. As a quiet shy type I would go to the school hall every Saturday afternoon and watch the Match of the Day broadcast live at 3 o'clock on the ABC. It was on an old B&W TV sitting high on a shelf in a corner of the hall. By the end of my first year at school I was hooked. Smith, Gasnier, Clay, Langlands, Walsh, Raper etc Those were days!

I live in the country and very rarely get to see many games live (My wife is President of thee Anti-Football League, or at least she should be) but I have attended every Dragons GF since then except 1977 when I was in the Europe travelling but I found my way to the Aussie Embassy in Rome just so I could find out the score. Almost divorced before I got married!

My biggest disappointment is that the standards of the club have fallen so low n comparison to the standards of the better clubs in the current competition. And I blame McGregor and am very pessimistic going forward even with Hunt and Graham in the team. I hope I'm wrong, but I wasn't wrong this year which is why I can't renew my membership until there is a move away from the old boys club.
Good move man,l remember those days well.In 1966 i was 16 & playing for Penshurst RSL..I too have not rejoined the club for all the same reasons.

gregstar

Referee
Hi my name is Gregstar & I'm a loserholic.

It has been 7 years since my last premiership.

My interests include masturbation, cutting heads off infants and standing behind doors with my dick out.

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Great thread LG and interesting... it's funny how diverse the background and ages but we are united in one great tribe.

Too old too slow.

The origins of this simple phrase for me goes back to my introduction and love for the Big Red V.. and one of my greatest disappointments in my life.

In my hometown, playing footy in the front yard of a mates place some 45 odd years ago.. we were joined by one of his 'old' family friends.

We split into teams and this 'old' guy was on my team. Our team of 7 year old kids and this old guy went pretty well... we had a ball and he made us all look good.

I said to him after our game (as kids do) your not too bad for an old bloke... his reply .. "too old and too slow" .

I never followed a team at that stage ... but after this brief interlude with the 'Baron of Bruise'... I was a dragon for life.

And the great disappointment, I never saw the great man play live.. well apart from that one time.

Love it To Old To Slow
Great story

Dragons 09

Juniors

Too old too slow.

That's gold mate, Poppa would be proud!

SEAT 1A

Bench
Great stories.

Regarding my user name, I flew down to MEL to catch up with my sister. The problem was that I had a birthday party the night before and it got rather messy.

Got on board feeling like death and no one was sitting next to me and it was only an hour's flight so all good.

Just before the plane left the gate, a large basketball player came and sat next to me as the seat he was sitting in was broken.

On take off, I needed to vomit and couldn't move until the seat belt light went off and thought I was going to vomit on him.

The light went out just in time and jumped over him like a mad man.