What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan's rant, Greenberg's response

Vee

First Grade
I want to see the ARLC declare war on NewLtd...

It would become an absolute shitfight, but RL needs a common enemy. We have been entirely without direction since 2012 because we suddenly arent fighting for survival.

We clearly dont have the maturity to give ourselves direction (without a common enemy, our factions just go after eachother), so we need to find a bigger enemy.

What bigger enemy is there than News-f*cking-LTD? They almost killed the game with SL, they deathride the game at every opportunity and this isnt even mentioning the abuse some individual players cop (that John Mannah shit was truely disgusting)
Apart from not picking a fight with anyone who buys ink by the barrel, you are kidding if you don't think Noise will divide and conquer by targetting vulnerable identities seeking a perceived advantage by favourable reporting.

Worst idea I've heard for a while.

AJB1102

First Grade
I'd say it was done to shave a bit off the fine - I remember Gallen got $20k slashed off his $50k fine for calling Dave Smith a merkin because he put out an apology.

Either way though it won't be coming out of Flanno's pocket. No coach pays these things. Flanno's own letter says "as it stands, our Club has been hit with a $30,000 breach notice for my response".

RazorRam0n

Juniors
I'd say it was done to shave a bit off the fine - I remember Gallen got $20k slashed off his $50k fine for calling Dave Smith a merkin because he put out an apology.

Either way though it won't be coming out of Flanno's pocket. No coach pays these things. Flanno's own letter says "as it stands, our Club has been hit with a $30,000 breach notice for my response".

not true, ricky stuart has gone on record to confirm he has paid out of his own pocket

AJB1102

First Grade
not true, ricky stuart has gone on record to confirm he has paid out of his own pocket

When you cop as many fines as Ricky its probably a condition of his employment now that he covers that shit.

I'm talking about normal coaches who have coaching strategies that exist beyond blame shifting and chip spitting.

ed-grimley

Bench
Does the 30G go to a charity of Flanagan's choice or is it a revenue raiser for the NRL like speeding fines for the government?

betcats

Referee
Good on him for admitting he was wrong.

Pretty massive back track from his original response to the fine.

betcats

Referee
Does the 30G go to a charity of Flanagan's choice or is it a revenue raiser for the NRL like speeding fines for the government?

Yeah the nrl are banking the 4 fines handed out this year and using them to pay for the NRLHQ Xmas party.

AJB1102

First Grade

I'd like to see it go towards JT and Smith's testimonial match. $30k isn't much on its own but every little bit can help those battlers as they struggling in their post-football careers. It will be fitting that Cameron benefits from Flanno's ref bashing too.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Good on him for admitting he was wrong.

Pretty massive back track from his original response to the fine.

Not enough...

His actions dragged the game through the mud. A written apology is pathetic

I want to see the ARLC demand a video apology, so everyone gets to see him choke on Greenburgs big fat chubby.

Latest posts