What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
On our NSW Cup Semi Final win if you haven't seen the off load from Villiame Kikau which led to Christian Crighton's try do yourself a favour and have a look. Wasn't allowed to off load when playing in our NRL side but this is what this guy can do!!!!!

Kilkenny

Coach
He also had a knock on trying to offload as well.

Needs to pick and choose his timing.

There's no doubting that but given our inability to create scoring opportunities inside our opponents 20 metre zone it is clear we need to offer something different. We need some x factor off the bench.

snickers007

Juniors
There's no doubting that but given our inability to create scoring opportunities inside our opponents 20 metre zone it is clear we need to offer something different. We need some x factor off the bench.

We had some X Factor off then bench on Friday night.

He was lazy for most of his time out there, then he put RCG through a gap for a try, and then he tried to chip and chase for himself.

Seems to me like we already have someone who needs to pick and choose their moments.

snickers007

Juniors
Hard to blame Carty for the chip when our halves offered absolutely nothing

I don't disagree. Carty never should have been expected to make the play - I think Cleary got caught with the ball on the 5th again.

For me, Friday's game was probably the best evidence for the 'Bryce Cartwright is not a 5/8' argument. Especially coming off the game before against Manly. He is so much more effective in the middle of the park. He got stuck on the left edge against Brisbane and saw no ball.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hard to blame Carty for the chip when our halves offered absolutely nothing
Bullshit.

Tyrone May was carving up out there. I mean yeah. Not creating tries or linebreaks or anything. But thats not what matters at 6.

It was the most complete performance a 6 has ever put in.

bebo

Juniors
Bullshit.

Tyrone May was carving up out there. I mean yeah. Not creating tries or linebreaks or anything. But thats not what matters at 6.

It was the most complete performance a 6 has ever put in.
You obviously forgot to put lol at the end of your comment.

betcats

Referee
I don't disagree. Carty never should have been expected to make the play - I think Cleary got caught with the ball on the 5th again.

For me, Friday's game was probably the best evidence for the 'Bryce Cartwright is not a 5/8' argument. Especially coming off the game before against Manly. He is so much more effective in the middle of the park. He got stuck on the left edge against Brisbane and saw no ball.

The chip was a woeful play IMO. He has played enough in the halves to know that was the wrong play.

betcats

Referee
If we haven't improved next year Gus time is up. How long does it take to rebuild? We are stuck on a treadmill of mediocrity right now. 6 years he has been here now, he has done his good work and rebuilt our juniors, let him go.

If he has resigned Griffin already then he is running the club like he owns it not like he works for the fans. And constantly lying to fans is not a way to build up trust and loyalty, quite the opposite in fact.

Any player causes a bit of trouble he just gets rid of them and brings in the next great prospect which sounds great in theory but in reality isn't going to make us a good team. How many local stars do we have to watch go on to succuss at other clubs? Meanwhile we are still building 6 years in......

Last edited:

Panfa

Juniors
With may out for the start of next season we cant afford to let moylan go without replacing him with a big name maloney was on the cards but sharks wont let him go without a decent replacement we better not be doing a swap deal with manly and getting blake green that will do me think id prefer cartwright at 5/8

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Ok, what about Todd Carney? Would Gus be considering the Todd?

Positives - When he's playing well he rips teams apart. He would be cheap. A better option than Cartwright.

Negatives - He's Todd Carney! - Fragile (More injuries than his best mate Dugan)
Loves a drink.

betcats

Referee
Ok, what about Todd Carney? Would Gus be considering the Todd?

Positives - When he's playing well he rips teams apart. He would be cheap. A better option than Cartwright.

Negatives - He's Todd Carney! - Fragile (More injuries than his best mate Dugan)
Loves a drink.

No. Gus would never do it and for good reason. There's a reason he is always 'injured'. He's 30 and probably been a heavy drinker for half his life, he's done, and a huge risk besides that.

OldPanther

Coach
With may out for the start of next season we cant afford to let moylan go without replacing him with a big name maloney was on the cards but sharks wont let him go without a decent replacement we better not be doing a swap deal with manly and getting blake green that will do me think id prefer cartwright at 5/8

Green is a good organiser and kicker. Would take pressure off Cleary. Want Moylan to stay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.