What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hasler and Bulldogs part ways

Des Hasler --> Full Time NSW coach

Dean Pay --> Bulldogs Head Coach
Jim Dymock --> Bulldogs Assistant Coach

Michael McGuire --> Wigan Warriors

Interesting about the Warriors one as Triple M were saying this morning that Maguire had knocked back the Warrington Wolves job as he wanted to stay in Australia.

Life's Good

Coach
How good is it waking up and knowing that the coach who was taking your team nowhere has been given the sack

Dragons fans wouldn't know about that I guess. They should have only signed Mary with a non-binding heads of agreement instead of an actual contract.

Peter Doust would be thinking 'Genius move that we have locked Mary in for another 2 years when no one else wanted him. No chance of him being poached'.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Who cares?
I'd say Dib cares when he has to shell out the best part of $1M ?
Then again, he might have lost his board position by then.

The point is he's trying to cover up the incompetent decision he made earlier this year.
Giving Des the bullet is the right decision ... but they should have made it back then.

Is there a single Bulldogs fan out there that isn't happy with this decision.

On a side note, I'll bet that dolt Aaron Woods must be kicking himself now.

big hit!

Bench
this Dib bloke just proves that there's no myth in a club.

get the wrong dickhead in power, and any joint will go to shit.

if i was a canterbury member, i'd be demanding elections and getting him out of the club ASAP

Barkley

Bench

if i was a canterbury member, i'd be demanding elections and getting him out of the club ASAP
The fans have been calling for his sacking for a while now.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
While Dib's word is probably needing to be taken with a grain of salt, a video to members today outlined that the contract extension wasn't finalised and Hasler won't be getting a cent from the new deal

M2D2

Bench
While Dib's word is probably needing to be taken with a grain of salt, a video to members today outlined that the contract extension wasn't finalised and Hasler won't be getting a cent from the new deal
latest

I hope he sues the club into administration

They don't need to demand elections, iirc,elections are due in March 2018.

ek999

First Grade
Then he needs to explain why he lied to members about the extension announcement earlier in the year. If it was non-binding was he leaving the club open to having coach because Hasler could have got a better offer. If we were still in the comp (lol) was there a chance a club like the Titans could have signed him away from us?

Spot On

Coach
Can someone confirm whether great Todd Greenburg was at the Dogs when Des was hired and then given the reins to recruit (or not recruit as was the case) and back end player deals just as he did at Manly?

Reactions: Vee

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Sounds pretty dodgy by the dogs. Des thought he was there for the next 2 years due to the extension and probably passed up a few other opportunities he could have taken in the meantime had the dogs been up front about their intentions.

Really poorly handled imo