What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NRL Club Membership

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't think the NRL should be setting overall numbers for membership in terms of strategic goal but guiding and growing each club to benchmarks. All clubs are now sitting about 10k - next goal should be uplifting them all to 20k minimum with the bigger clubs aiming for 40k.

Raiderdave

First Grade
when we sort out the schedule , & by that I mean complete control for the 2023 season & new stadiums at Moore Park , Homebush as well as Parramatta Canberra & Townsville
these are the sorts of numbers we should be getting for the current clubs in the years shortly after.

Brisbane 50,000
Parramatta 40,000
South Sydney 40,000
Storm 35,000
Bulldogs 30,000
Newcastle 30,000
Dragons 25,000
Cowboys 25,000
Panthers 25,000
Warriors 25,000
Raiders 25,000
Tigers 25,000
Roosters 20,000
Sharks 20,000
Manly 20,000
Titans 20,000

455K members
if we had a few more clubs , say a Perth & 2nd Brisbane , we could nudge half a million

Perth Red

Post Whore
when we sort out the schedule , & by that I mean complete control for the 2023 season & new stadiums at Moore Park , Homebush as well as Parramatta Canberra & Townsville
these are the sorts of numbers we should be getting for the current clubs in the years shortly after.

Brisbane 50,000
Parramatta 40,000
South Sydney 40,000
Storm 35,000
Bulldogs 30,000
Newcastle 30,000
Dragons 25,000
Cowboys 25,000
Panthers 25,000
Warriors 25,000
Raiders 25,000
Tigers 25,000
Roosters 20,000
Sharks 20,000
Manly 20,000
Titans 20,000

455K members
if we had a few more clubs , say a Perth & 2nd Brisbane , we could nudge half a million

Based on what Dave? The membership growth has slowed overlast two years and this year wasn't huge gain (around 5% I think?) It would need something significant to get a 25% increase on this years total. Unless we are going to give away memberships with one game tickets, then we could do it :)

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Based on what Dave? The membership growth has slowed overlast two years and this year wasn't huge gain (around 5% I think?) It would need something significant to get a 25% increase on this years total. Unless we are going to give away memberships with one game tickets, then we could do it :)

well he is talking 6 years time..

Compounding growth is a wonderful thing..

I would still add a little tick box to Parramatta Leagues membership form that says for $1 i would like like to become a football club member, and get 1 free ticket a year GA to ANZ...

You would deadset get 40,000 people who probably just tick yeah why not..

Raiderdave

First Grade

its slowed I think partly or possibily mainly , to unreasonable scheduling.
I have no doubt the Broncos would have been through the 40K barrier a few years ago if they didn't play most of their games on unfriendly family friday nights or worse.
We fix that up , we're well on our way

Timmah

Staff member
You're comparing the 16 club figure to the NRL's audited figure which includes NSW & QLD.

How about we wait until the audited figures so we're making proper comparisons?

Perth Red

Post Whore
He's hoping the NRL implodes until Perth get a team.

Do you think the 3% increase for the nrl's million $ expenditure this year was worth it? Cost the nrl about $100 per new member, they might as well have offered $50 a person to become a member and doubled the increase lol

carcharias

Immortal
The relegated NS Bears say hello

Yeh blah blah perth this perth that

Care to comment on 2017 memberships?

Isn't relegation when they are a chance st getting back into the comp based on results?

..and I did comment
Sharks had the most members they've ever had this year

Timmah

Staff member
Do you think the 3% increase for the nrl's million $ expenditure this year was worth it? Cost the nrl about $100 per new member, they might as well have offered $50 a person to become a member and doubled the increase lol
You're good at (manipulating) statistics.