What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QRL Intrust Super Cup - Finals 2017

expansionist

Juniors
Im in England at the moment, so missed the majority of RL news over the last week.

I get back just in time to get to the game on Sunday - no way can I support Sunny Coast.

I also hope that a PNG win may somehow spark the NSWRL to get off their asses and admit Fiji.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Falcons fare favorites with bookies.

https://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/falcons-fancied-to-win-state-league-title/3225335/

Falcons fancied to win state league title

RUGBY LEAGUE: Redcliffe coach and ex-Maroons centre Adam Mogg is "really confident" the Sunshine Coast will clinch the state league title against Papua New Guinea at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.

His team has played both grand finalists in recent weeks and it was the Falcons who impressed him most.

With a roster boasting several Melbourne Storm-contracted players, the Sunshine Coast has plenty of firepower.

The likes of Ryley Jacks, Scott Drinkwater, Jahrome Hughes and Brandon Smith have proved highly influential this season.

"They've got some really classy players in their team and that was certainly the difference (against Redcliffe)," Mogg said.

"They're well coached (by Craig Ingebrigtsen) and their guys train with and against (NRL stars) Cooper Cronk and Cameron Smith and Billy Slater every week."

Mogg hails from the Sunshine Coast and was coach of the region's state league side in 2011.

"So I hope the Falcons get up and get a win and I'm really confident they will," he said.

The Sunshine Coast is an early favourite with bookmakers, after a 40-14 mauling of Redcliffe at Dolphin Oval in the preliminary final last weekend.

The team finished fourth of 14 teams in the regular season before producing three strong outings in the play-offs.

PNG Hunters were minor premiers and booked their berth in the big dance by beating Redcliffe 6-4 at Port Moresby a fortnight ago.

Mogg's delighted to see some of the Sunshine Coast's long-serving players earn a spot in a decider, particularly after they endured some lean seasons.

"I'm really happy for guys like Jye Ballinger, who have been there pre-Melbourne Storm era - who have hung in there and got better and better," he said. "I'd love nothing better than someone like him - now that Redcliffe are out - to win a grand final because he's been right through it all.

"It's been a real tough grind for him and he's playing really good footy now and he's just one of those success stories."

Ballinger featured for the Sunshine Coast's state league team from 2011-2013.

He played for the title-winning Valleys in the Brisbane competition in 2014 before returning to the Falcons in 2015.

He's notched up 97 games for the team in the process.

The Falcons hope to have plenty of support at the game.

Fans can purchase tickets and corporate hospitality packages via Ticketek.

The match day program features three big games with family passes (2 adults, 2 juniors) available for just $50.

The main match's at 3.25pm.

Any team can be beaten on the day.

Look at my team. Reddy beat Broncowoomba in 2000 & 2006 after being crushed in the major semi and going into both gfs as rank outsiders.

I expect Sunshine Coast to win but I hope the Hunters can do it. It will mean a lot more to a lot more people, prove the worth of the PNG players despite none of them being NRL contracted and show what a PNG NRL team might achieve.

mikail-eagle

Bench
I expect Sunshine Coast to win but I hope the Hunters can do it. It will mean a lot more to a lot more people, prove the worth of the PNG players despite none of them being NRL contracted and show what a PNG NRL team might achieve.

Win or loose Hunters fans are flocking to Brisbane this weekend.

National Carrier Air Nuigini is booked out for Friday, Saturday and Sunday and have had to include an additional flight which arrives Brissy Sunday morning and departs back for Port Moresby 10:30pm.
And every passenger on this extra Sunday flight have had their fares subsidized 50% by the Governor of Port Moresby.

expansionist

Juniors
Brisbane... he could be in the nrl system again but highly doubtful in the will get a game in NRL

I would be so pleased if that happens.. He was my favourite Easts player, gone to Sunny Coast - Souths are my second team so I would be so happy to be able to cheer him on again in 2018

Looking like a record Q Cup grand final crowd.

No tickets are available (according to Ticketek )for the whole bottom section of the side they usually sit everyone just the two bays north & south closest to that side.

Judging by that, I think we'll get 10000 + for sure.

Burns

First Grade
Is anyone else watching the stream on QRL site? It is poor, poor quality for me at the moment.

Burns

First Grade
Might be a channel nine thing that we can't full screen? Have been able to for all games this year.

Quality is a bit better now.

Come on PNG!