What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JOEL THOMPSON TO MANLY?

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Just read on the Nine website that a Joel Thompson is about to be traded to Manly.
If this is true, then what do you think will happen to our well performing pack of forwards.
Something about this does not make sense.
Why would we let one of our best forwards go to Manly with one more year to run on his contract?
Any insight would be appreciated.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/09/22/14/14/nrl-news-2017-sea-eagles-set-for-shock-signing

You say "traded".
Traded for whom?

SGMax

Juniors
Maybe freeing up some money for a top line player. Moylan / RCGillard / Whare....Cronk even???
This will allow Simms back into 2nd row and allow the many younger backrowers to have an opportunity to be backup.
Don't think we would want any of Manly's roster.
Hoping its for RCG and then some backline talent and speed.
How far can we stretch Thompsons cap funds??

Maybe freeing up some money for a top line player. Moylan / RCGillard / Whare....Cronk even???

Take it from a pennies fan RCG is going no where and Whare re-signed with us at the start of the year for 5 years.

Last edited:

Vinnie

Juniors
save dollars and gives a young gun a chance to shine.
This will allow Simms back into 2nd row and allow the many younger backrowers to have an opportunity to be backup.
Don't think we would want any of Manly's roster.
How far can we stretch Thompsons cap funds??
If so then why we signing Latimore ????
I have no qualms if we bring our young stars forward and give them more than 10mins on the field .... but i ask again why sign Latimore ???
I'd rather keep thompson for the extra year put Latimore's money towards securing our booming youngsters.

redVinme

Juniors
Milward wants a back up half/hooker. Hastings? :( i can handle it if its freein up cash for another purchase. Host has a higher ceiling anyways

Latest posts