What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Prelim Final, Sat - Roosters 16-29 Cowboys @ Allianz

Finals Week 3: Roosters v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yep.

Cowboys can't beat the Storm without JT. No way. It'd be a boring and predictable GF like Rabbits v Bulldogs.

The Roosters however are more than capable of giving the Storm an epic scare.

Remembering that it took a 78th min try for the Storm to beat us down in Melbourne with an 11-6 pen count and a penalty try in what was the highest quality match of the season by far.

They'd LOVE to face the Cowboys because they know our best can arguably match their best.

Tommy Smith

Referee
That isn't to discredit the Cowboys either. They've done incredibly well to get this far and they're a good chance of winning tonight. They're tough as nails.

It's just that 'styles make fights' and the Storm would chew up anything the Cowboys threw at them with ease like they did at Dairy Farmers a month or so ago.

beave

Coach
That isn't to discredit the Cowboys either. They've done incredibly well to get this far and they're a good chance of winning tonight. They're tough as nails.

It's just that 'styles make fights' and the Storm would chew up anything the Cowboys threw at them with ease like they did at Dairy Farmers a month or so ago.

I think we’re playing much better than the last time we met mate. Plus a few players are back in the squad that weren’t there last time. I agree more than likely they would ass whoop us in a GF but I thought the same thing about the Sharkies and the Eels but the boys proved me wrong. Would love for them to prove me wrong again.

Good luck tonight mate.

Smack

Coach
Yep.

Cowboys can't beat the Storm without JT. No way. It'd be a boring and predictable GF like Rabbits v Bulldogs.

Remembering that it took a 78th min try for the Storm to beat us down in Melbourne with an 11-6 pen count and a penalty try in what was the highest quality match of the season by far.

They'd LOVE to face the Cowboys because they know our best can arguably match their best.

Cowies have made it to a semi final without JT. I think tonight will be a good game, I love watching Taumalolo play.

Morgan stepped up last week, I expect more of the same.

Whoever wins, I will throw my support behind for the GF, but good luck lol.

Last edited:

butchmcdick

Immortal
Yep.

You don't think this is a bit arrogant ?

I hope your players think we are beneath them tonight too

King hit

Coach
Which team wants it more..."it" being losing by a lot to Melbourne next week.

The Roosters have beaten the Storm this year and the Storm have been rattled in their 2 finals games. 30-0 wasn't a fair reflection of last night.

It isn't a foregone conclusion if the Roosters can get up

Tommy Smith

Referee
You don't think this is a bit arrogant ?

I hope your players think we are beneath them tonight too
Not arrogant, just representative of the fact that we finished 2nd and the Cowboys needed until the second last game of the year to scrape into 8th.

Surely it's not arrogant to suggest that the 2nd placed team has a much better chance than the 8th placed team of beating the Storm.

We really troubled the Storm in Melbourne and frankly should have won. In contrast the Storm sleepwalked to an incredibly easy 20pt win over the Cows at Dairy Farmers.

I know who the Storm would rather face.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe the Author of this is a better judge of the game than me, but the Cowboys looked anything but running on empty last week. Not saying they will win, but I'll be surprised if they don't push the Roosters all the way.

I don't think either side will really trouble the Storm.
The Cowboys have a dozen premiership winners in their side. They are up at the right end of the season - they've played two weeks of near perfect footy in the finals. They can beat anyone, Storm included.