What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys cannot make Top 4

isaiah

Bench
What the cowboys do so well is what Qld origin do but goes unnoticed. Outside backs not only taking early hitups from deep inside their half, but defending at times in the middle third.

Danish

Referee
Would be interested to know who you think out of those outside of the top 4 right now is going to replace them?

Panthers could get in there, and possibly the Raiders if they ever get their shit together but I would see us and Manly making way for them and the Storm/Cowboys staying in.

Storm vs cows/panthers/raiders would be my early pick for the GF

I wonder what a cowboys storm GF would have been paying back in March?

POPEYE

Coach
Cowboys can't make 3rd or 4th now . . . does it get any better . . . wait, it just might

isaiah

Bench
well...OP wasn't wrong...
That's my point. The only derogatory thing I typed was the club's depth was weaker. Those extended squad players were not nrl standard when called on while fading during July and august and they lost 5 out of 6 when trying to qualify for sept. Noone is happier than me that they made it but noone except me thought they were weaker down the end of their list way back in March even when they were winning.

isaiah

Bench
How about the difference in carry on when the Eels made it from 8th in 2009.

Those bitter f**ks in the Nine commentary team don't know what to do when there's no NSW player to suck off.
When Parra made it from 8th did they play v first place in week one?

Canard

Immortal
That's my point. The only derogatory thing I typed was the club's depth was weaker. Those extended squad players were not nrl standard when called on while fading during July and august and they lost 5 out of 6 when trying to qualify for sept. Noone is happier than me that they made it but noone except me thought they were weaker down the end of their list way back in March even when they were winning.
backpedaling.jpg

AJB1102

First Grade

Under the old finals system they would have I guess.

If nothing else the Cowboys making the GF from 8th (almost 9th) we can finally put to bed this rubbish about having to finish top 4 to be a hope. I've never been able to understand how someone can say "the finals is a whole new comp" and then also say "have to finish top 4 to have a chance".

Big Pete

Referee
Credit where it's due, this is the most gallant finals series since the Bulldogs in '98. Green has cultivated a tremendous culture up there, has implemented wonderful attacking and defensive structures and the guys are buying into it.

Melbourne won't have it all their own way. Last time the two sides met, Cooper and Winterstein did their hammies less than 10 minutes into the contest. It caused a lot of players like Taumalolo and Hess to play more minutes and reduced their effectiveness over that period. When you factor in the inclusion of the relief-dummy half Hampton, the Cowboys will pose a much bigger threat than what they did in R22. If they can take it down to the wire, then they will finish on top.

Life's Good

Coach
Yes unfortunately. That was another game that Hayne caught fire and was untouchable in the Eels push for the finals. We had no answer to him.
Wonder what he's up to these days??