What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

perverse

Referee
According to reports when Watson signed, he did come for unders. I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets here, as Hardcore_Fan said, it's easy to be regretful when you're in that finals environment. Let the dust settle on this year.

Spot On

Coach
Wouldn't worry about it.

Dont think anyone is tbh. I know it's a nothing article from Buzz but it makes me laugh that people would think about throwing away 200K (300K plus a year if the Tigers offered more) to essentially do the same job. Bit more pressure no doubt if he's starting next year but he gets what he's always wanted.

It will do him good to get away from the Roosters. That capitulation the other night, with the roster they have, was deplorable. Too many egos in that club. Many thought they just turn up and walk over the Cowboys, esp their front row.

perverse

Referee
Allegedly it's Moga that wants out?
Odd, you wouldn't think he would have come to Newcastle if Brisbanes offer was even parity with ours, let alone $200k more. Brisbane doing the dodgy and offering him more now to try and break contract?

Something doesn't smell right if it's Moga.

Still Nutty

Juniors
I've heard it was Watson, but not sure how reliable it was and he'd have to be released by the club anyway

I take it from Frederick's post (that implies he's run it by Toohey, who's mail is usually spot on) that it is Watson...that is a bit of a shame that he's having second thoughts but I agree that 1) it's as much a sentimental wave of emotion to finish competing in the finals series for the last time with his current team 2) we don't let him out of his contract and 3) he will be sweet once he gets up here and gets to see what we are building and how pivotal he can be to making this a really competitive squad.

I've got to say from the games I watched over the weekend that I was really happy with what we have recruited for next year.

I thought Herman was best on ground for the Broncos, Guerra was one of the Roosters best in a losing team, first time I've really watched Watson and he was impressive in the time he had on the paddock - he didn't have a halves role but I saw him make 4 quality forward tackles in a row at one stage and he is obviously capable of being a solid defender as a 5/8...Moga wasn't at his best from what I've seen of him this year but he has all the attributes to compliment our squad next year.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
I take it from Frederick's post (that implies he's run it by Toohey, who's mail is usually spot on) that it is Watson...that is a bit of a shame that he's having second thoughts but I agree that 1) it's as much a sentimental wave of emotion with finishing in competing in the finals series for the last time with his current team and we don't let him out of his contract and 2) he will be sweet once he gets up here and gets to see what we are building and how pivotal he can be to making this a really competitive squad.

I've got to say from the games I watched over the weekend that I was really happy with what we have recruited for next year.

I thought Herman was best on ground for the Broncos, Guerra was one of the Roosters best in a losing team, first time I've really watched Watson and he was impressive in the time he had on the paddock...Moga wasn't at his best from what I've seen of him this year but he has all the attributes to compliment our squad next year.
Usually spot on, yes, but I was skeptical of his response based on two reasons:

1) he is currently unemployed so don't know how close his finger is to the pulse these days
2) his exact wording was "probably connor Watson"

Still Nutty

Juniors
Usually spot on, yes, but I was skeptical of his response based on two reasons:

1) he is currently unemployed so don't know how close his finger is to the pulse these days
2) his exact wording was "probably connor Watson"

Fair enough and thanks fro the clarification Frederick .... isn't Toohey still doing the new Sunday paper in Newie?(I've only bought it once about a month ago)

EDIT - just found the news that the paper stopped last weekend

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench
Toohey said he hasn't heard of anyone wanting to back out of their deal. Also says Heighington on a 1 year deal is a good chance to happen and we've had a look at Sam Tagataese.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Heighington would do a job if he came here, wouldn't play NRL every week but would be good injury cover and would be good to have around the team for the experience. Tagatese would be be valuable as well and would probably be an NRL regular.