What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet ups during World Cup

DlEHARD

Juniors
Be great to catch up with other internationalists during the World Cup for pre or post drinks/food.

Who is keen?

I'm Brisbane based but will also travel for games.

Burns

First Grade
Will be working at the two Sydney games as a volunteer, will likewise be great to see some LU forum goers.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'll likely be looking for a good beer dispensary and atmosphere to watch the TV games in Perth and Melbourne. And Sydney of course

The Partisan

Life has got in the way so restricted to the two Bne games ...but happy to catch up pre / post games?

DlEHARD

Juniors
Life has got in the way so restricted to the two Bne games ...but happy to catch up pre / post games?

OK me and you in Brisbane.

Friday 24 November 2017. Saturday 2 December 2017.

Any ideas on venue? Anyone else going to Brisbane?

I'm still planning on Sydney and Melbourne appearances.

The Partisan

Got tickets for the final only at this stage. Really hoping the Poms play the Roos in the Bne SF ....and win ! :) Waiting a wee while before buying tickets for the SF. I'll PM you re getting the ball rolling on a venue for anyone interested in a meet and greet pre game.

adamkungl

Immortal
Perth
If I have my times right, PNG v USA is at 1.30pm Perth time with the double header kicking off at 3.30.

So I'm gonna be at the nearest suitable pub to the stadium watching that

In another thread @Perth Red suggested the Queens Tavern on Beaufort or the Brisbane Hotel also on Beaufort St for pre-game drinks - what's the odds either of these will show the PNG game PR?

Melbourne
Looking to watch the Fri and Sat quarters at a pub before attending the one on Sunday.

Suggestions for Melbourne were the Elephant & Wheelbarrow, and the Imperial.

Pick 1 in each town as the official LU International pub?

Can also post on Twitter and Reddit/NRL to build up a bit of a crowd

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth
If I have my times right, PNG v USA is at 1.30pm Perth time with the double header kicking off at 3.30.

So I'm gonna be at the nearest suitable pub to the stadium watching that

In another thread @Perth Red suggested the Queens Tavern on Beaufort or the Brisbane Hotel also on Beaufort St for pre-game drinks - what's the odds either of these will show the PNG game PR?

Melbourne
Looking to watch the Fri and Sat quarters at a pub before attending the one on Sunday.

Suggestions for Melbourne were the Elephant & Wheelbarrow, and the Imperial.

Pick 1 in each town as the official LU International pub?

Can also post on Twitter and Reddit/NRL to build up a bit of a crowd

I'll see if I can find out

Burns

First Grade
Has anyone got tickets, or thinking of buying tickets to the Opener? I've convinced myself I need to see Australia and England now, or give up any opportunity for the foreseeable future.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Has anyone got tickets, or thinking of buying tickets to the Opener? I've convinced myself I need to see Australia and England now, or give up any opportunity for the foreseeable future.

Was going but Storm getting to GF became the priority RL trip! Still going to the final though.