What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final tickets

Stormfan22

Juniors
Getting this thread back on track does anyone know how ticket sales are going ? I know there's only single seats in the Storm area left.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
AFL fans are like vegans. Can't go more than a few minutes without mentioning it, think it makes them superior for supporting it and generally are a bunch of annoying over the top merkins.
The Victorian media are the worst offenders.

On last night's Channel 7 news, the top story was looking at a bunch of hatstands walking around in dresses for the upcoming Brownho Medal, talk about some Dustin character and how some Richmond player got off from a dangerous contact charge. All this took up to over ten minutes of the hour news.

Meanwhile, Australia is facing a gas shortage and World War 3 may be just around the corner.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Getting this thread back on track does anyone know how ticket sales are going ? I know there's only single seats in the Storm area left.
It's a grandfinal... no storm area, just fill the stadium... it'll be awful if just the storm area, cowboy area and corporate areas are sold out and the other 60,000 seats are vacant.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Got mine this morning. Pax 65,567

$328 to sit on the try line, no wonder there isn't a rush for tickets by neutrals!

Good to se Storm sell their allocation out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
First GF, any tips from anyone?

Is it best to stay in city and get there just before KO or is there stuff going on outside the stadium that's worth getting there early for?
How long should we give ourselves to get from Central to the stadium?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

Is it best to stay in city and get there just before KO or is there stuff going on outside the stadium that's worth getting there early for?

I'd get there for the early games and the experience of the day. To get from central to Olympic park, give yourself about 40-45 minutes.

Perth Red

Post Whore
cheers

On buying the ticket experience, very annoying that you cant choose which section you want your seats in. I wanted gold seats but kept putting me at north end when I wanted to be at south end. Many refreshes later still wouldn't move me elsewhere and ended up buying more expensive seats just so I could be in the Storm end. Surely in this day and age of technology they can have a system that allows you choose which section you want to be in???

siv

First Grade

Enjoy the Luna Park fan day on Thursday

Life's Good

Coach

$328 to sit on the try line, no wonder there isn't a rush for tickets by neutrals!

$328 for single ticket??? That is rather expensive. How does that compare with SOO for similar seat??

carcharias

Immortal
cheers

On buying the ticket experience, very annoying that you cant choose which section you want your seats in. I wanted gold seats but kept putting me at north end when I wanted to be at south end. Many refreshes later still wouldn't move me elsewhere and ended up buying more expensive seats just so I could be in the Storm end. Surely in this day and age of technology they can have a system that allows you choose which section you want to be in???

Worked fine for me last year when the Sharks won the comp.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Enjoy the Luna Park fan day on Thursday

Unfortunately not getting in until Friday. Given majority of fans like myself are likely to be travelling in Friday or sat morning its surprising there is nothing going on in the city area on the Saturday? Could have a big NRL GF party event going on Sat night at Darling harbour or Opera House area or similar?

Stallion

First Grade
Unfortunately not getting in until Friday. Given majority of fans like myself are likely to be travelling in Friday or sat morning its surprising there is nothing going on in the city area on the Saturday? Could have a big NRL GF party event going on Sat night at Darling harbour or Opera House area or similar?

Agree. I like your thinking. They have got a complimentary raceday entry if u have a gf ticket. Thats about as much cross sport promotion the NRL do on the Saturday! Could have even scheduled a ladies game or something on the Saturday? But no they give a free kick to another code without a wimper.

Stallion

First Grade

The tickets are ridiculously priced! You're obviously on good coin Red! Its astonishing how these administrators have so little feel for the public and the game at large. Lets hope they dont price gouge fans next season. Think the world cup will be reasonably priced for tickets from what I've seen.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe GF weekend needs to move to another city every now and again to show Sydney how to do it?
The tickets are ridiculously priced! You're obviously on good coin Red! Its astonishing how these administrators have so little feel for the public and the game at large. Lets hope they dont price gouge fans next season. Think the world cup will be reasonably priced for tickets from what I've seen.

Not really but I've been promising to go to a GF for 17 years and no better one than this one! Costing about $3k all up for the weekend, I've got a very understanding wife lol!

World cup final is a lot better value. I've paid about 1/2 the price for a better seat for the Final.

azza29

Juniors
The tickets are definitely a little cheaper during the member presale - paid $155 for Silver seats, behind the goals but in the lower bowl (not the rafters). Compares favourably with AFL GF pricing, $150 gets you standing room or restricted view, if you can even get a ticket!