What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Thread LXXV: Remembering forgotten memories

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I was never good at cricket. scared of the ball when batting scared of the ball being returned to my face when bowling and scared of the ball hitting my face when fielding.

How to overcome fear of ball?

belt the shit out of it

Bazal

Post Whore
I was never good at cricket. scared of the ball when batting scared of the ball being returned to my face when bowling and scared of the ball hitting my face when fielding.

How to overcome fear of ball?

You should always fear the ball a little when batting... But the best thing is to get hot, honestly. Take a few blows and realise it actually doesn't do any real damage.

Or yeah, just belt the christ out of it. That's my general approach to all things batting

Smack

Coach
You should always fear the ball a little when batting... But the best thing is to get hot, honestly. Take a few blows and realise it actually doesn't do any real damage.

Or yeah, just belt the christ out of it. That's my general approach to all things batting

I can't I'm too scared it will hit my face

Bazal

Post Whore
I can't I'm too scared it will hit my face

Short balls are easy, if it's face height you just duck. You've got a helmet anyway.

I was an opening bat as a kid but when I got bumped up grades and actually faced fast bowlers I had the same problem and wound up bowling more and batting 8 or 9 for a long time.

One day before the season the quickest bloke at the club, who had played second eleven state cricket, took me aside in our own net and just ripped into me for about an hour. Never scared of the ball again after that. Also stopped trying to hook and pull which lead to more runs

Latest posts