What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
Should be like Super Bowl, bidding cities and part of the submission is what the city will do during GF week to promote and hype it up. Could alternate with Sydney every other year to prevent nsw meltdown in the short term. The money from the bidding city could be used to reduce cost of tickets.

Last Week

Bench
Should be like Super Bowl, bidding cities and part of the submission is what the city will do during GF week to promote and hype it up. Could alternate with Sydney every other year to prevent nsw meltdown in the short term. The money from the bidding city could be used to reduce cost of tickets.

You're entire post history is a meltdown and you've probably been that way since 1997.

On topic. The grand final should be held where the highest bidder is. The NSW government are offering a brand new Parramatta stadium, and what ever happens to ANZ and the SFS. If other states and cities can offer close to $2billion in stadiums, be my guest, host the grand final in Betoota.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

A the $20bil on Sydney stadiums is worth a 20 year deal. After that (hopefully at a time when we are a real national game) a rotating schedule would be perfect.

Between Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and the soon to be complete Perth stadium, that is already 4 rival bidders with usable stadiums. And, in 20 years, we might also include NZ, Adelade or even one of the enourmous f*ckers in South Asia (Jakata, Guangzhou, Kuala lumpur all have stadiums of +80k)

insert.pause

First Grade
The game has so few traditions left, I always thought the GF should remain in Sydney. However, seeing the lack of support for this years GF shows Sydney don't value it anyway, so f**k them. Judging by this season, the NRL shouldn't be tying themselves to Sydney, it's a cesspool of selfish indifference and it will destroy the game if allowed.

Vee

First Grade
A the $20bil on Sydney stadiums is worth a 20 year deal. After that (hopefully at a time when we are a real national game) a rotating schedule would be
That's $2B, not $20B.

And I don't see any sign of NRL becoming a real national game.

M2D2

Bench
The game has so few traditions left, I always thought the GF should remain in Sydney. However, seeing the lack of support for this years GF shows Sydney don't value it anyway, so f**k them. Judging by this season, the NRL shouldn't be tying themselves to Sydney, it's a cesspool of selfish indifference and it will destroy the game if allowed.
lolwut

Last Week

Bench

Sydney Rugby League has been this way for over a century. Not even close to being destroyed.

The closest we got to being destroyed was when a Queensland team got the shits and started their own comp.

adamkungl

Immortal
says the guy whinging about Sydney getting shunned for WC games, they are now allowing junior passes because they cant even sellout a Grand Final.

oh dear

Where was I whinging?

Here? Straw clutching. Lose the chip on your shoulder ffs

So at what point do you have another serious crack at internationals in Sydney? Never?

Or do we keep giving Sydney dud games, then say "see told you so" when the self-fulfilling prophecy continues?

Everyone knows Australia v Lebanon and England v Lebanon are going to be tough draws. There's no way these fixtures fill Lang Park. But the anti-Sydney crowd will use it to attack Sydney anyway.

That said, this time round the blame lies with the State Government.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Its only a tradition for the NSWRL...

For everyone else, it was just something they had to accept when the NSWRL swept into town with a new team and killed the local comp.

Honestly, the attachment to NSWRL is just insulting to other comps. Either drop the NSWRL history and say NRL started in 1998 or acknowledge that RL existed outside of Sydney.

Rotating venues for the GF will be a huge step in ditching the Sydney-centric view the game cant get rid of...

insert.pause

First Grade
Where was I whinging?

Here? Straw clutching. Lose the chip on your shoulder ffs

What chip is that? Because I am embarrassed by the fact Sydney can't average more than 13k and struggle to sellout origin games and Grand Finals?

You're arguing for more Sydney content while they struggle to support what they already get.

adamkungl

Immortal
What chip is that? Because I am embarrassed by the fact Sydney can't average more than 13k and struggle to sellout origin games and Grand Finals?

You're arguing for more Sydney content while they struggle to support what they already get.

While you're claiming Sydney struggles to support the GF and Origin when the crowd will definitely be larger than any other stadium except the MCG can hold.

Dead set have you seen the prices for the GF.. $300 to watch neutrals, I'll pass.

insert.pause

First Grade
Sydney Rugby League has been this way for over a century. Not even close to being destroyed.

The closest we got to being destroyed was when a Queensland team got the shits and started their own comp.
we should all be very proud the game hasn't changed for a century in Sydney.

Last Week

Bench
While you're claiming Sydney struggles to support the GF and Origin when the crowd will definitely be larger than any other stadium except the MCG can hold.

Dead set have you seen the prices for the GF.. $300 to watch neutrals, I'll pass.

I concur. The choice for me is to fork out hundreds to go see a team I despise play a team from the most northern part of the country, or go to a friend's place and watch all three games celebrating the day with them.

If Parramatta were in it, I'd be there. But I'll have a better time watching this game from home. Cheaper too.

insert.pause

First Grade

it's a Grand Final!

The biggest game of the year.

It struggles to support it when the NRL is routinely forced to flog off thousands of free or heavily discounted tickets days out from the game.

Reactions: Vee

Latest posts