What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ISP Grand Final Vs Wyong.

betcats

Referee
He did? I am going by the interview on the Panthers site. You'd think if he wants the job GC will hire him on the spot

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/fff2182bdbff5c07e1aaf6e92f50f73d

Was on my phone before so I couldn't link it.

GARTH Brennan has declared he is ready to coach in the NRL, and while he has been in contact with Super League club Warrington, he is yet to be interviewed for the Gold Coast Titans vacancy.

As he prepares to take Penrith into Sunday’s NSW Cup grand final against Wyong, Brennan told The Daily Telegraph: “I’m ready. I’ve done my time. My CV and record shows I’m ready for the NRL.

“I’ve had success wherever I’ve coached. There’s one last thing I want to do and that’s coach at the highest level.

I’ve spoken to Warrington, and as far as the Titans are concerned, I think they’re still going through the whole ownership process, and I’m not sure if the owner or coach will come first.

“I can’t get caught up with what the Titans or Warrington are doing.

“I can only control what’s happening at Penrith. I want to prepare the boys the best way possible for Sunday, and if the results go our way, that will only benefit my CV again.’’

Brennan dropped out of the race for the Newcastle top job in 2014 to remain as an assistant at Penrith.

Matty Johns told his Triple M listeners last month Brennan should be the man to replace dumped Neil Henry at the Titans, while Panthers boss Gus Gould told The Daily Telegraph at the time: “Garth is a great communicator, and he’s been a big part of the development of all these kids.

“He’s great with blokes of all ages — he deals with blokes from 16 to 36, and deals with them well — and he’s very valuable to us.’’

Meanwhile, Brennan will head into the reserve grade decider at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday afternoon without the help from any NRL stars, including Tyrone May and Dylan Edwards who were both eligible to play.

May has suffered an ACL injury that will rule him out of the start of next season, while Edwards ‘’aggravated his medial ligament on Friday and risked doing his ACL if he kept playing’’, said Brennan

betcats

Referee
Gold Coast are choosing Daley over him... They deserve every spoon coming their way

That is insane, Daleys never coached a team besides country and the blues. Has he even been an NRL assistant or employed as a coach by any club?

RL club management is so poor, no wonder the game is losing ground everywhere.

Port Panther

Juniors
Brennan will white ant us for sure and certain wait and see , then shortly after Gus will bugger off and we will develop more players for all the clubs , thats what we are here for after all , isnt it ?

Kilkenny

Coach
Brennan will white ant us for sure and certain wait and see , then shortly after Gus will bugger off and we will develop more players for all the clubs , thats what we are here for after all , isnt it ?

Gus has done an amazing job turning around our salary cap woes and his retention of players who we have wanted to retain has been second to none. Are you referring to past history in Lewis & Jennings? I can't think of too many juniors in recent times we have developed only to lose them to other clubs?

Kilkenny

Coach
Hopefully the boys turn up to play on Sunday. The last time we played this fixture we got shown up by the side from Townsville.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Gus has done an amazing job turning around our salary cap woes and his retention of players who we have wanted to retain has been second to none. Are you referring to past history in Lewis & Jennings? I can't think of too many juniors in recent times we have developed only to lose them to other clubs?
Critical of the club for focusing on developing talent which is as dumb as you get. As you've said, we have retained who we have wanted to retain so far.

Nealo 12

Bench
Hopefully the boys turn up to play on Sunday. The last time we played this fixture we got shown up by the side from Townsville.
Yeah but from what I can remember Townsville got a bit of help from the guy with the whistle.

franklin2323

Immortal
That is insane, Daleys never coached a team besides country and the blues. Has he even been an NRL assistant or employed as a coach by any club?

RL club management is so poor, no wonder the game is losing ground everywhere.

Nope. Maybe you get him like Gus' role with us. I am sure sponsors and players love him. Running a day to day team is hard as SOO showed with him

Blues Riff

Bench
Surprised that there's no game day GF thread for the 20's and ISP in the spoilers forum !
Yep, you'd thinks there was enough interest in these games, especially the Hunters angle. It's the same with FOX. It's pretty much a 24 hr Smith/Morgan channel.

mxlegend99

Referee
Some people just enjoy finishing bottom 4 year in year out. I for one think its not bad making the finals.
Id like to be able to beat teams inside the top 9 though..2 wins from 11 games is terrible.

Especially when you have a close look at both wins... Cowboys in terrible form sliding down the ladder. Sea Eagles had hit a rough patch and we had a huge penalty count in our favor to get us home for a change

A wins a win. But neither was impressive. Any coach could match or better the results Hook got. He had the easiest draw this season along with one of the best young rosters. He just picked the teams (poorly) and that was it.

We had no game plans, tactics or set plays that were responsible for our wins. It all came down to the talent of our squad... against shit teams they were talented enough to win on skill alone. Against actual decent teams... we just werent dangerous at all.

ouryear

Juniors
I hear Gould has rewritten his 5 year plan to a 20 year plan.

Sacked Cleary, annoyed Moylan to the extent moylan WILL leave, got rid of luke lewis who went on to win a flag, signed little jamie over rated soward, signed marquee the merkin lazy merrin, then signed rein lol, is there no end to his stupidity.
NO NO NO NO NO!!

Latest posts