What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simon Mannering under pressure to retain Kiwis spot

Schuster86

Juniors
Sorry but you have completely fooled yourself into thinking Mannering is more than what he is. All those players you mentioned offer far more presence on attack than Mannering does yet these same players are very basic footballers. Not sure if you watched the Storm vs Broncos game last night but there is a clear difference between quality from Harris and Blair to Mannering and not in Mannerings favor. Harris and Blair both have more presence with the ball and punch into the line where Mannering jogs to the line. Clear difference and the Kiwi coaching staff know that. They are looking for players who break tackles and not necessary break lines. Very obvious and clear shift of what the top NRL teams are looking for with modern players. Blair has reinvented himself as a David Solomona type offloader. Im not sure you could find room for Blair, Harris and Mannering in the same 17 to win a world cup. In fact I already know that you couldnt. Play those 3 and the kiwis wont win the word cup.

Lowe and Cooper are both more impacting ball runners than Mannering which would most likely be reflected in tackle breaks over a season.

Kiwis know what the Australian Forward will look like and its scary. Id imagine the tackle breaking stats their line up would produce would already be deep in Kiwi coaching thought process. Gillett will be a lynch pin of that backrow. To say Gillett and Mannering are similar is like saying Justin Murphy was similar to Jonah Lomu. Good laugh that.

You cant win games if your 2nd row dont break tackles, from what I see even Finucane does that better than Mannering. Finucane probably will not be playing for Australia at the world cup.
H
Have you ever even played this game?
Tackle breaks over consistent meterege, fast play the balls & expert line running!!!
Your comments are truly laughable :joy:

Iron Lion

Juniors
H
Have you ever even played this game?
Tackle breaks over consistent meterege, fast play the balls & expert line running!!!
Your comments are truly laughable :joy:

Nah I only got to play with your Mum on the weekends. Fast play the balls though!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Moving on...

Regardless of your viewpoint on Simon, Nikau's comments in the media were flippant and outright disrespectful of a Kiwi RL legend. Every player's spot is up for debate - why give any oxygen even if he was asked of Simon in particular?

And to say 'you know what you'll get from him' like that's a bad thing with a team that's performed as poorly - without Simon, might I add - in recent times is just laughably bad. Hey, you'll get 130m, offloads and 45 tackles. Seems like a fair deal to me.

Guess that's what you get with an idiot as coach, and an assortment of yesterday's or never men, crooks and bums as selectors.

Schuster86

Juniors
Hahaha touch a sore spot there. I'm guessing you haven't and don't otherwise you wouldnt have time to play wit my mother.
Besides, my mother don't f**k with little bitch ass keyboard warriors like you.
Back on topic, how bout you do even the smallest amount of research before flood these threads with your bullshit facts and nosensical rabble!!

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Moving on...

Regardless of your viewpoint on Simon, Nikau's comments in the media were flippant and outright disrespectful of a Kiwi RL legend. Every player's spot is up for debate - why give any oxygen even if he was asked of Simon in particular?

And to say 'you know what you'll get from him' like that's a bad thing with a team that's performed as poorly - without Simon, might I add - in recent times is just laughably bad. Hey, you'll get 130m, offloads and 45 tackles. Seems like a fair deal to me.

Guess that's what you get with an idiot as coach, and an assortment of yesterday's or never men, crooks and bums as selectors.

Mannering would be most people's first pick & I have no doubt that those comments were selected by the article writer (as was the whole piece) to provide some controversy around his selection...taken on their own they are complimentary of Mannering's experience & stability he brings. He would be in my team for those very reasons.
To be real, they are the questions to be asked of all or any of the players being considered.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Mannering would be most people's first pick & I have no doubt that those comments were selected by the article writer (as was the whole piece) to provide some controversy around his selection...taken on their own they are complimentary of Mannering's experience & stability he brings. He would be in my team for those very reasons.
To be real, they are the questions to be asked of all or any of the players being considered.

Yeah, maybe that's how it shook down. I dunno. It just really angered me that such an article would be written about, to me, probably the greatest New Zealand rugby league player certainly of my generation. I didn't see enough before the 90s to be able to judge anyone else. But Simon should be in the jersey until he decides he's not able to fill it - which a man of his pedigree would do with honesty and class.

legs 11

Juniors
the iron lion very controversial...so which lion is he......mick , dominic or acka, any other suspects?

Latest posts