What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 home game allocation

Ron's_Mate

Bench
As good as it would be to be playing at the new Parramatta Stadium logistically, the biggest problem is the fact that it's right next door to the Parramatta Leagues Club, giving a massive free kick to one of our biggest Western Sydney rivals.
The Eels will be laughing all the way to the bank if other clubs start taking home fixtures to Parra.
Fair point. It sucks that scum like Parra get an amazing new stadium built for them and we are basically nomads.

macnaz

Staff member
It's also good to have a proper home field advantage from time to time..

I'm sure opposition don't appreciate playing at LO or Campbo...

I hope they aren't moving the Warriors game to NZ again..
No but we are playing a home game against the Storm in NZ in a double header with the Warriors :(

Vic Mackey

Referee
That is fcking bullshit. They sold us the whole 'the NRL have asked us to help grow the game etc' yet they then go play a game in fcking Auckland which already has a team?!?

I don't care about that, sure take a game elsewhere for a money grab, but don't tell us you're taking a game away from us supporters for 'the good of the game'

super_coach

First Grade
That is fcking bullshit. They sold us the whole 'the NRL have asked us to help grow the game etc' yet they then go play a game in fcking Auckland which already has a team?!?

I don't care about that, sure take a game elsewhere for a money grab, but don't tell us you're taking a game away from us supporters for 'the good of the game'

super_coach

First Grade
Madness is a word that comes to mind. If our club wants to improve its bank balance, a winning team is by far the best way to go and you will not achieve that by playing a team like the Storm in NZ. As a member of 10 years Iam pissed off

Clifferd

Coach
On 2018 who are we tipping for our round 1 opponent?

I really thought we would've been up against dogs but they're locked in for the warriors I think

I'm predicting we play Roosters and Turdesco on a Sunday arvo, hopefully at Campbelltown. Would pack the joint out

Vic Mackey

Referee
On 2018 who are we tipping for our round 1 opponent?

I really thought we would've been up against dogs but they're locked in for the warriors I think

I'm predicting we play Roosters and Turdesco on a Sunday arvo, hopefully at Campbelltown. Would pack the joint out

Yeah I thought dogs aswell. Reckon that might be round 2 Friday night

From memory it alternates home/away for you year to year. This year was souths Home game so it's probably our turn.

Souths, dogs, warriors and storm are out. Guessing cowboys will play broncos, probably Friday night. Thursday I reckon will be something like Eels v Saints, two big Sydney teams.

So yeah us v roosters on Sunday doesn't sound like a bad option.

Vozzy

Juniors
Bloody Melbourne get a good draw. They are invovled in 2 double headers as the away team with the home team giving up home field advantage.

super_coach

First Grade
Bloody Melbourne get a good draw. They are invovled in 2 double headers as the away team with the home team giving up home field advantage.

Why not give give a quality team a leg up!!! The Bronks have had a massive leg up for the past decade or so playing every Friday night bar the odd game. The NRL seldom if ever get these things right, just once it would be nice to compete without one arm tied behind your back

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Members email today

Wests Tigers to take home game to Tamworth

Wests Tigers have confirmed that the club will be playing a home game in regional New South Wales in 2018.

Wests Tigers have partnered with the NRL on this initiative, with the club set to take a 2018 home game to Tamworth for the first time.

The club is no stranger to the New England region having spent time in the area as a part of the NRL’s Community Carnival at the start of the year. Wests Tigers visited more than 8,000 students at 20 schools and held a number of junior clinics. Tamworth also hosted the 2016 City Country game with the City team featuring Chris Lawrence and David Nofoaluma. Lawrence Captained City to a 44-30 win.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said that the club was excited to be a part of this NRL initiative next season.

“Rugby League has a long history in Australia’s regional communities and we’re proud to be playing a role in continuing this by taking a game to Tamworth,” said Pascoe.

“We take our role in growing the game seriously and this initiative provides a great way to be able to allow fans to see an NRL premiership game played locally for the very first time.”

Tamworth Region Mayor Col Murray is looking forward to welcoming Wests Tigers to Tamworth in 2018.

“This is a great opportunity for our community and rugby league fans from across the region to share in the excitement of an NRL round,” said Cr Murray. “It also kicks another goal for Tamworth in showcasing we are a strong regional centre with high quality sporting facilities and an enviable way of life.”

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah I thought dogs aswell. Reckon that might be round 2 Friday night

From memory it alternates home/away for you year to year. This year was souths Home game so it's probably our turn.

Souths, dogs, warriors and storm are out. Guessing cowboys will play broncos, probably Friday night. Thursday I reckon will be something like Eels v Saints, two big Sydney teams.

So yeah us v roosters on Sunday doesn't sound like a bad option.

According to the daily Tele we play rorters @ anz stadium Saturday. Why it's not at Campbelltown I have no idea, I don't think the Tedesco factor will draw much of a crowd, maybe 22-23k max if marketed ok

Vic Mackey

Referee
According to the daily Tele we play rorters @ anz stadium Saturday. Why it's not at Campbelltown I have no idea, I don't think the Tedesco factor will draw much of a crowd, maybe 22-23k max if marketed ok

Nailed it mate!

4pm Saturday at ANZ kills it though. Play it that time at CSG and it packs out. I reckon we'll be lucky to get 15k at ANZ

Vozzy

Juniors
Yeah i would rather it be an away game. Prefer Allianz to ANZ. Its not like roosters or tigers will get any extra advantage at either ground. Should be leichardt or Campbelltown. Atleast we get our bogey team out of the way in round 1. A loss will see what we have to work on. Although we have won our last 3 opening matches so one stat has to be broken.

Couldnt care less about the Turdasco factor i hate roosters as it is.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I like playing the roosters first up.

I think you're more likely to upset a top team in the first couple of rounds. Could still be scratchy and clunky early on. You're more likely to get a touch up after about round 4 once they've clicked into gear imo.

Plus next year we'll be a totally different side playing a totally different style to the teams that have been belted by the roosters in the past.

Make no mistake I don't hold out high hopes for a win, but I don't mind this round 1 matchup at all.