What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

ouryear

Juniors
I heard a RUMOUR.theres a bunch of guys on this forum,they are very good at giving it to all and sundry.BUT give it back to them they go quietly into the night.YOU KNOW WHO YOU. ARE. And yes I do f**k up now and then and happy to admit when I'm wrong .
Wow.....have a drink

Old Timer

Coach
I heard a RUMOUR.theres a bunch of guys on this forum,they are very good at giving it to all and sundry.BUT give it back to them they go quietly into the night.YOU KNOW WHO YOU. ARE. And yes I do f**k up now and then and happy to admit when I'm wrong .
I thought I was wrong once but in hindsight I wonder how I could have ever been so wrong about anything
And for the record if you can get > 47% agreement rate in this place you get an autographed and framed Mc Fookknuckle " My Pathway to Success" certificate
A great addition to your CV and highly reveered by BOD's

mobels

Juniors
FFS. Late twenties, reserve grader. Seriously, just don't sign these idiots. Mann, Field and Hutchison are utilities so they're the back up for Hunt and (if we had a proper coach) McInnes. If we're desperately short of a halfback for the Cutters just upgrade the halfback for the under 21s and tell him "here's your opportunity son, sink or swim".

We have enough f**king reserve grade standard clowns and planks across all three grades already. We don't need to be buying more of them from Canberra and Penrith. There is no excuse. Would Easts be looking at this hack and saying "he's only for reserve grade"? No. They just don't buy rubbish like this bloke or Latimore or any reserve grade winger from Canberra under any circumstances.

Stop.
Roosters bought Mitch Cornish this year for their reserve grade and last year Broncos bought Darren Nicholls for reserve grade.

Every team buys reserve graders.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
TO THE DRAG QUEEN ,regarding your mate MATT DUFTY .back in 2004 melbourne signed a scrawny kid by the name of BILLY SLATER .85 kilos and a jockey everybody said .HES TOO SMALL .they started him on the wing ,but soon made him a fullback .2004model is nowhere near as good as the current model it takes patience and a good coach to bring these young guns to their potential.MATT DUFTY has a lot to learn .BUT according to COOPER CRONK ,MATT is every bit as good as BILLY was back then .Don't take my word for it get a copy of DRAGONS v MANLY in Wollongong .CHANNEL 9 .just give the kid some time DRAG .you have nothing to lose .

FlameThrower

Bench
Bring back a Fullback like Karmichael Hunt.., never forget his kick returns - huge heart and raw guts ..
Plenty fullbacks have been on the smaller side, Preston, Bowen , Slayter - Duffty just needs a few more kilos and back himself with fearless kick returns and use his speed and agility..

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Bring back a Fullback like Karmichael Hunt.., never forget his kick returns - huge heart and raw guts ..
Plenty fullbacks have been on the smaller side, Preston, Bowen , Slayter - Duffty just needs a few more kilos and back himself with fearless kick returns and use his speed and agility..

Also flame thower
Agree with you but the coach has instructed him to pass it to the wingers to hit it up.
If he was coached correctly no doubt he would become a good nrl player.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Also flame thower
Agree with you but the coach has instructed him to pass it to the wingers to hit it up.
If he was coached correctly no doubt he would become a good nrl player.

I thought this was the case. I kind of understand the logic of conserving energy but it definitely sets you back in terms of metres gained. I'd say by passing the ball off a kick return you lose 5-10 potential metres depending on the acceleration of the player. Odd strategy that's for sure.

If the Roosters want Cronk so bad.. and they are supposedly prepared to move Pearce on.

Maybe it's time to raid the chookpen .. if only we had a wiley old fox in charge instead of the Wile E Coyote we have.

Salary cap.. even the playing field .. yeah right.. get Tedesco, Cronk.. let go Evans, Watson, Guerra ..

'The rich get richer the poor get the picture'

Old Timer

Coach
If the Roosters want Cronk so bad.. and they are supposedly prepared to move Pearce on.

Maybe it's time to raid the chookpen .. if only we had a wiley old fox in charge instead of the Wile E Coyote we have.

Salary cap.. even the playing field .. yeah right.. get Tedesco, Cronk.. let go Evans, Watson, Guerra ..

'The rich get richer the poor get the picture'
Pearce needs to be moved on regardless of Cronk or no Cronk.
The chooks have obviously come to the realisation Pearce doesn't cut the mustard when it counts and therefore they understand they will not win again with him still there.
If only NSW selectors eyes were open that wide.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Pearce needs to be moved on regardless of Cronk or no Cronk.
The chooks have obviously come to the realisation Pearce doesn't cut the mustard when it counts and therefore they understand they will not win again with him still there.
If only NSW selectors eyes were open that wide.
Easts have won a comp with Pearce at halfback.

Life's Good

Coach
The Roosters did have SBW, Maloney & Mini in that side, not too mention a very dynamic RTS. Pearce did his bit but the Roosters don’t win a comp without the others-case in point look at them since with Pearce as HB(granted better than most teams results since winning but definitely missed a couple of opportunities)?

Old Timer

Coach
That's why I said "they will not win again with him still there".
It's about their future not their past and no doubt they probably feel if they had of had a Cronk or JT they may very well have won again, as they know they have had very strong squads.

Frank Facer

First Grade
That's why I said "they will not win again with him still there".
It's about their future not their past and no doubt they probably feel if they had of had a Cronk or JT they may very well have won again, as they know they have had very strong squads.
I agree with your post. Cronk would certainly be an upgrade on Pearce.

I still think that Easts are a great chance to win next year's comp with Pearce there and the bookies agree with me too. Easts are the current favourites to win next years comp. With the addition of Tedesco next year and Mitchell and Manu a year older. I think Easts are looking pretty good again. If they got Cronk, then they would be looking standouts. It looks either Easts or Melbourne again next year. Nth Qld will have Thurston and Scott back next year, they will both be a year older though, but they look to be 3rd pick. I expect the winner to come from one of the above 3.

Old Timer

Coach
I agree with your post. Cronk would certainly be an upgrade on Pearce.

I still think that Easts are a great chance to win next year's comp with Pearce there and the bookies agree with me too. Easts are the current favourites to win next years comp. With the addition of Tedesco next year and Mitchell and Manu a year older. I think Easts are looking pretty good again. If they got Cronk, then they would be looking standouts. It looks either Easts or Melbourne again next year. Nth Qld will have Thurston and Scott back next year, they will both be a year older though, but they look to be 3rd pick. I expect the winner to come from one of the above 3.
For mine Pearce is far too limited in ability and holds that team back.
If not For Keary they would have been pretty pedestrian however with a really good half they would have been a far more formidable challenge in 2017.
Melbourne maybe losing a few but I fully expect them to go back to back as their depth is already fantastic and they have the ability to lure those players with the greatest untapped and unrecognised potential.
Munster will be unstoppable in 2018.