What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moylan signing hits a snag

cb4

First Grade
Following a semi-final finish this year, Gould praised Griffin for being just the second coach in the club’s history to lead the Panthers to consecutive finals appearances.

This is odd.

Phil Gould 1990-1991

John Lang 2003-2004

What is his agenda here?

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I’ve been missing in here lately.

What’s the latest with this Moylan update? I’m out of the loop on this one.

carcharias

Immortal
I'd rather we kept Maloney and focused on flano Jnr and brailey x 2

Maybe try to pinch te Marie ( spelling ) from cowboys
He'll be doing nothing once JT is back

Omnishark2

Juniors
Locking away 900k on a 32 year old 5/8 is not an option imo.
When he's a proven double premiership winner & gun goalkicker, I reckon he's worth 900k for 2 years, despite his age ... if he's motivated.

But given Flanno's public statements on Jimmy since the middle of this year, he obviously doesn't think he's worth it ... which has eaten away at Maloney's motivation. Given where we're at now, I can't see Maloney staying with us on his current money, it's just not workable. Moylan or no Moylan.

Ads

First Grade
When he's a proven double premiership winner & gun goalkicker, I reckon he's worth 900k for 2 years, despite his age ... if he's motivated.

But given Flanno's public statements on Jimmy since the middle of this year, he obviously doesn't think he's worth it ... which has eaten away at Maloney's motivation. Given where we're at now, I can't see Maloney staying with us on his current money, it's just not workable. Moylan or no Moylan.
His form this year was way down on last year. Age is a good indicator and its only going to get harder for him to stay at the top.

Snoop Shark

First Grade

I think Jimmy got on the wrong side of a lot of people at the club including supporters this year.

Sure he was our ace card in 2016 but the way he went about business this year on the field was a bit piss poor if you ask me.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Flanno might be also thinking Maloney is getting on, Lewis & Gall will hang up boots end of 2018, if they let Maloney's contract just run out he will go as well end of 2018 plenty of experience in one hit, if we get Moylan that will offset losing Maloney either now or end of 2018

txta2

Bench
Gal is saying Jimmy will stay and will have a big year playing for a contract

snout

First Grade
Yep.

The thing in our favour is maloney wants a contract next year. A big one. And a long one.

He has to get his head out of his arse.

The penalties.
The missed tackles.

He keeps that shit up the only place interested will be some outpost in the UK.

snout

First Grade
This is odd.

Phil Gould 1990-1991

John Lang 2003-2004

What is his agenda here?
To keep a coach who lets Gus do and say whatever he wants in regard to training, selections and retention.

The opposite to Cleary actually.

Chimp

Bench
Cronk has just given Fifita a serve in the press for how he's gone about turning down Mal - I doubt he'd have done that if he thought for a minute he'd end up with us and playing alongside him next year.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Gal is saying Jimmy will stay and will have a big year playing for a contract

I am off the feeling he'll do what he did when leaving the Warriors and sign well in advance.

If he knows next year is his last year with us, wouldn't be surprised if he signs with a team after November. Or at least he'll want to.

Whether the Knights or who ever is interested for next year will be interested for 2019 remains to be seen. He'll be a year older and they might have found a suitable replacement.

Stake Removed

First Grade
See if Maloney signs elsewhere for 2019, say November this year you have issues do you release him early like what happened with Moses going Tigers to Eels.

The NRL needs to fix up when players can sign

Latest posts