What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JOEL THOMPSON TO MANLY?

Mr Red

First Grade
Seems the rumours that they're shoppping both Thompson and MacDonald around are gaining momentum, with MacDonald apparently in line to move to the ESL.
Apparently dragons are looking to pickup a bargain or two as other clubs that are going to be over the cap look to shed players at the last minute...

Happy to see MacDonald leave but Thompson is surely worth keeping?

Seems the rumours that they're shoppping both Thompson and MacDonald around are gaining momentum, with MacDonald apparently in line to move to the ESL.
Apparently dragons are looking to pickup a bargain or two as other clubs that are going to be over the cap look to shed players at the last minute...

Happy to see MacDonald leave but Thompson is surely worth keeping?
For his contract money of 400K - yes
Thompson is probably worth about that much.

Letting McDonald go and signing another bargain base signing really makes no sense.

McDonalds issue is Mary and his shit house coaching.

Keeping Nightingale again makes no sense he is past his due by date.

What other clubs are letting players go the Dogs probably and the rumours about Brenko lee seriously he is far worse then McDonald.

Letting go Thompson makes some sense but the club still would need to sign another forward as Host, Sele and Leilua have potential but i don't see them as permanent starts at present.

Darren Nicolls as a backup 7 would be a smart pickup as he has experience at NSW and Q Cup level.

The club might aswell have kept Issac Thompson but he fell out of favour sometime ago.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Things are going to get very interesting in this player market over the next month or two. I think you're going to see a massive frenzy of player movements.

As for Thommo and Nene, it's looking ominous at the moment. What i'm more interested in is who will replace them? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

MrDragon007

Juniors
Welcome to the forum, Ian.

Straight Shooter
Another great contribution....
And thank you, im glad to join you fans on this forum.
What can i do in my job to please you you sad person? Would you like the entire Australian team as our starting 13?
And, how bout we get the best of the pommies and Kiwis team and get them to fill our illawarra team?
Would that be sufficient enough for you oh great wise supporter?
Please oh please tell me, the last thing our great club needs is to lose such a magnificent supporter like you!!!
Your input is just so vital to us.... Please oh wise one, PLEASE.... tell us more!!!!!

What can i do in my job to please you you sad person? Would you like the entire Australian team as our starting 13?
And, how bout we get the best of the pommies and Kiwis team and get them to fill our illawarra team?
Please oh please tell me, the last thing our great club needs is to lose such a magnificent supporter like you!!!
Your input is just so vital to us.... Please oh wise one, PLEASE.... tell us more!!!!!

There are clubs which players would consider as a career advancement upon joining. There are other clubs which provide a means to earn a living. This speaks to the standard of professional administration (including the hunger for success) and coaching talent of each club.

Which category do the Dragons sit in, Ian?

Straight Shooter

MrDragon007

Juniors
There are clubs which players would consider as a career advancement upon joining. There are other clubs which provide a means to earn a living. This speaks to the standard of professional administration (including the hunger for success) and coaching talent of each club.

Which category do the Dragons sit in, Ian?

Straight Shooter
I dont know lad... why dont you enlighten us?
you seem to imply that its only us that sign duds therefore meaning players only come to us as only a means to earn a living?
So by that it would be safe to assume that there are a few clubs that fall into the exact same category as us?
Gold coast went all out to sign Hayne, Rabbits went all out to get Sam Burgess back, Warriors signed RTS and Issac Luke, Doggies signed half the NRL, just to name a few.
Haynes a flop, Burgess was a waste of money since his return, RTS and Luke turned out to be flops, B.Moz went from best winger in the NRL to what we saw in 2016 and 2017, and so on and so on.
Its not just a dragns thing, its common in rugby league, some excel, some dont...
Part and parcel of the game lad.
Nene was a flop for us, but on the other side of the coin, Vaughan and McInness busted there guts for us, they came here to excel, and id say they did so compared to where both were last year.
So it works both ways.

ouryear

Juniors

The 5 things you can do for us within the next 14 days are:

A. Sign a fast, strong skilful winger.

B. Direct McNuggett to promote one of our young guns on the other wing.

C. Have a beer with Nighty, tell him its time.
Ohhh...but you just gave him a new contract so you will need all your fatherly skills to sell it to him.

D. Sign one fast skilful centre.

E. Direct Mary to take the captaincy off Widdop. You know thats right.

F. Then when the above is all done, SHAFT Mary. If Hollywood can shaft Madge, thats not too much to ask of you is it?

Crush

Coach
The 5 things you can do for us within the next 14 days are:

A. Sign a fast, strong skilful winger.

B. Direct McNuggett to promote one of our young guns on the other wing.

C. Have a beer with Nighty, tell him its time.
Ohhh...but you just gave him a new contract so you will need all your fatherly skills to sell it to him.

D. Sign one fast skilful centre.

E. Direct Mary to take the captaincy off Widdop. You know thats right.

F. Then when the above is all done, SHAFT Mary. If Hollywood can shaft Madge, thats not too much to ask of you is it?
Great post. Welcome to the forum. Thats quality on many levels.

Crush

Coach
Things are going to get very interesting in this player market over the next month or two. I think you're going to see a massive frenzy of player movements.

As for Thommo and Nene, it's looking ominous at the moment. What i'm more interested in is who will replace them? Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Hey Tom, where are we at with Thommo? You usually have your finger on the pulse. Are the Dragons shopping him around? Anything official?

I can see now why they moved Lomax up into the top 30 if they do intend to move McDonald on.

Millward will struggle to find anyone of note that will make much of a difference and I hope to god its not Brenko Lee the rumours has started gathering legs again and that guy is flat out shit.

Wamsley where this may end up who knows another prop at this stage doesn't seem the right move as outside backs and a backup half are needed more.

TruSaint

Referee
Crush
He has been told to see what is out there.
What manly has offered .
I would be very surprised if he stays.
I wouldn't if I was him.
This is his last contract.

I agree.. his series of tweets / manager involvement suggests he is looking to secure his future.

Wish him the best, played with a lot of passion and commitment.. Chance to blood some young guys now.

I agree.. his series of tweets / manager involvement suggests he is looking to secure his future.

Wish him the best, played with a lot of passion and commitment.. Chance to blood some young guys now.
There lies the problem tru McGregor has no idea how to rotate his bench correctly and the way he shuffled Host and Sele in and out of first grade was an utter joke.

Even more disturbing was Leilua didn't even get a run in first grade at all that to me sends a clear message he doesn't think much of him well not as much as the faith shown by Millward.

If Thompson moves on so be it but will McGregor change his ways I doubt it as he is a stubborn wanker who refuses to listen to others.

TruSaint

Referee
There lies the problem tru McGregor has no idea how to rotate his bench correctly and the way he shuffled Host and Sele in and out of first grade was an utter joke.

Even more disturbing was Leilua didn't even get a run in first grade at all that to me sends a clear message he doesn't think much of him well not as much as the faith shown by Millward.

If Thompson moves on so be it but will McGregor change his ways I doubt it as he is a stubborn wanker who refuses to listen to others.

Coast, I understand and have been very critical of Mary's rotation and selection.
We re-signed Luc... zilch time... Add to that how many games we left one benchy unused for an entire game.

My point was, as you know, is that Thommo should make the best decision for him if Saints have let him go to market.

But I agree Mary worries me based on history... Hope he proves me wrong mate.

Latest posts