What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL VS NRL

No one on here so far has said AFL is a better game ya nuftie.

The point is they get triple our WEEKLY crowds!

They get 22,000 more people to their GF!

They have TRIPLE our player participation. ....from ages 4 to seniors.

They don't whine about referees costing them games.

They dont have the bloody bunker.

They have the great draft system.

They have better commentators and analysts

They have 400% more female supporters.....mums with kids

They gave a good womens league

Now if you dont want to study how they do all that and beat them, you are one of the reasons we may become a minor sport in this country behind AFL, A LEAGUE SOCCER,
WOMENS AFL and CRICKET.

Its not what is the better game, as that is a matter of opinion.

However ya nuftie.....it is what the crowds flock to....what sport the kids want to play, where females prefer to go to, and what sport mums want their kids to play.

I hope for our sake you are not a real dragons supporter......we do not need supporters with their heads buried in the sand

Please be a grubs.....rorters......purple cheating......or gummies fan....pleasseee
You sure buy the propaganda don't you? Still a troll. Please refer me to international AFL games played annually since it started as a sport. That's 1858 to now.

grouch

First Grade
Oh bullshit....they dont need it with weekly crowds of over 30,000 per game, TRIPLE OURS.

And tv audience that matches ours and in fact slightly surpasses our numbers.

Triple our crowds at every game.

FMD man!
Stop the fake news.
How's the viewing figures for State of Origin in AFL?

How's their viewing/attendance figures in New Zealand?

How's the attendance and ratings for their fully professional comp in England going?

How much did they get for their exclusive broadcast deal with channel 7 for their World Cup?

Last edited:

grouch

First Grade
I am all for free speech.
In fact i would fight for it.

But imagine if an election was on ....and the nrl paid singers to sing songs of joy to either billy shorten or malcolm turnbul.

I say lets keep religion and politics separate.....and keep sport and politics separate.

How can any sporting org make out they are speaking for thousands of their participants and officials?

It needs to be a personal and heart felt decision
Well, this is bullshit too

It's not a politics issue. It's a human rights issue

ouryear

Juniors
Well, this is bullshit too

It's not a politics issue. It's a human rights issue
Ok then....lets have nrl talking abortion and assisted dying for the very sick. Hmmmm?

What gives the right for any organisation to speak on behalf of ALL its players, staff and officials.

I am pretty sure many would vote yes and many would vote no.

They need to butt out

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

ouryear

Juniors
You sure buy the propaganda don't you? Still a troll. Please refer me to international AFL games played annually since it started as a sport. That's 1858 to now.
Mate....netball is more international sport than league.

Does that make it a better game?

Facts are these.

AFL draw three times our werkly crowds.

AFL have more people watching their game on tele as well

AFL sold over 100,000 tickets to GF, we sold 80,000....but around 8,000 were free giveaways

AFL had 55,000 outside the ground watching their GF on screens.
We had a paltry 1,800 people.

AFL broadcast rights earn 15% more income than league

AFL merchandise revenue figures are 250% more than ours

What part of all that still tells you we can learn nothing from AFL ?!

ouryear

Juniors
Counting kids forced to participate in school organised fumbling clinics and counting them as participants?

Here's an example:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/study-slams-afls-takeup-figures-in-west-20121023-283jn.html

They use these figures to get government funding as well, which is an outrageous waste of taxpayer money.

So... A source from you?
My god man....i am not quoting west sydney numbers for goodness sakes.

I am talking Aust wide player numbers.

Total participation

FMD

ALSGI

Bench
All this hate rivalry, stats, crowds and pissing contests.
FMD relax people.
TBH I think AFL and NRL should be allowed to get married if they want to but only if we marry the Swans - not the other twinkies.

grouch

First Grade
Ha ha....yeah.. Sam Newman is a great person to throw up with a quote.

You do realise he is almost insane dont you?
He also wanted his shitty game to "butt out" of the same sex marrriage issue. You share more than one similarity
AFL broadcast rights earn 15% more income than league
Considering the AFL had to invent two new teams in order to play an extra game per week (that's 12.5% of content), and the deal offered by Rupert Murdoch was more of a deliberate "up yours" to NRL boss David Smith at the time, I'd say the NRL has done alright here. Also worth noting that the NRL may have got even more if they'd let the broadcasters retain scheduling power. I'm assuming your 15% guess doesn't include the $100m the NRL got from SkyNZ. AFL would be lucky to get $100k

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I am all for free speech.
In fact i would fight for it.

But imagine if an election was on ....and the nrl paid singers to sing songs of joy to either billy shorten or malcolm turnbul.

I say lets keep religion and politics separate.....and keep sport and politics separate.

How can any sporting org make out they are speaking for thousands of their participants and officials?

It needs to be a personal and heart felt decision
Well quite frankly I don't see equal rights as a political issue. It should just be.

And it could have been a simple vote in parliament, if commonsense prevailed.

I have no problem with the NRL and AFL being more inclusive by declaring their support for equal rights.

The 'political issue' is not so much about sport getting involved - after all, sport has no real agenda here. The discussion should be more about why religion is getting involved.

Crush

Coach
All this hate rivalry, stats, crowds and pissing contests.
FMD relax people.
TBH I think AFL and NRL should be allowed to get married if they want to but only if we marry the Swans - not the other twinkies.
Look, Ive got no problem with AFL and NRL getting married I just think our children need to be protected in schools. I don't want my kids taught AFL in school. Its unnatural. I believe only NRL education is appropriate and thats the biggest problem with AFL and NRL being allowed to marry. Think of the children.

Latest posts