What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richard Agar

getsmarty

Immortal
In all fairness, Don't know much about Agar. The Question is, why would he want to come and coach alongside Mary??? A few possible scenarios...he sees an opportunity for the 1st grade spot to open up...or maybe no other offers on the table.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
In all fairness, Don't know much about Agar. The Question is, why would he want to come and coach alongside Mary??? A few possible scenarios...he sees an opportunity for the 1st grade spot to open up...or maybe no other offers on the table.

From the sounds if it, its more likely to be the latter. I didnt realise he was coach of France until recently so he has international coaching experience on his resume. Will be a come down for him to work with Mary. Maybe Millward knows him.

Life's Good

Coach
Scenario 2. There were no offers for Mary and we re-signed him so that seems to be our MO.

Coffs dragon

Bench
It's a very bizarre situation where we have:
Bennett premiership winning coach replaced by waterboy assistant Price whom is sacked for former water boy & failed assistant coach McGreggor
Price replaces ESL championship winning coach Tony Smith at Warrington who's assistant is Richard Agar. Agar moves to Dragons to be assistant to McJetski once Price is appointed.
We are NOT moving forward, more going around in circles. Welcome to the Circle of Strife!

jak

Bench
It's a very bizarre situation where we have:
Bennett premiership winning coach replaced by waterboy assistant Price whom is sacked for former water boy & failed assistant coach McGreggor
Price replaces ESL championship winning coach Tony Smith at Warrington who's assistant is Richard Agar. Agar moves to Dragons to be assistant to McJetski once Price is appointed.
We are NOT moving forward, more going around in circles. Welcome to the Circle of Strife!
I think we may have a great mystery movie here.

red rocket

Juniors
Total insult to the coaching fraternity in Australia.
Why do we need to import mediocre coaching brains trust from the UK?
Absolute joke.
Kurt gidley and other players talk very highly of agar none of us are in a position to judge him can't believe all the negative comments getting thrown at him he was a very crafty player good luck to the lad

Kurt gidley and other players talk very highly of agar none of us are in a position to judge him can't believe all the negative comments getting thrown at him he was a very crafty player good luck to the lad
The point is that we would we not look for some coaching smarts in Australia?
My comment is no reflection on Agar or his ability.
It's the principle that bothers me.
Creating yet another crutch for McGregor in the hope that they tutor him up to FG standard.
So we have a lame duck coach surrounded by assistants, advisors and consultants telling him what to do.
No FG coach worth his salt would wear that.

Ridiculous appointment/extension which is coming home to roost.
Agar's appointment just another band aid.

Life's Good

Coach
That is a very fair post. My questioning of this appointment really comes down to whether or not he will help take the club forward.
On an individual level Agar doesn’t appear to have a strong coaching record so what does the club see in him to make this choice?? We saw with JD(a well credentialed assistant)that whatever he offered was enough to earn the ire of the club so I can only see the appointment of Agar as someone not likely to ruffle feathers nor harbour the ambition to take on the main role.
As for Gidleys comments, I don’t place a lot of weight in them. After all not even the West’s Tigers players laid the boot into Taylor when he was punted despite the obvious division he caused at the club.

possm

Coach
They wouldn't want an assistant coach who might be better than Dean Young would they? I assume that he would be the golden haired child to take over when McGregor is finally shown the door.
Could it be that Agar is part of Hasler's coaching staff. Cleanout finally on it's way.

Last edited:

Latest posts