What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moylan signing hits a snag

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Gal has to say that at this stage ... I reckon there is zero chance of Maloney staying on his current money.

Just on this.

Maloney can’t be blaming the club for this problem. Nobody forced his hand to sign for the money and the contract length.

If he is spitting chips(which he is) he should be looking for a new manager who screwed him over. As a club member who pays decent money for good seats for not only myself but my mrs and kids, the lacklustre performance he put in weekly this year infuriated me.

I could only imagine what the sponsors must be thinking who put their hard earned into the club. Some might think I’m going slightly overboard but to be quite honest I can’t wait to get rid of him if he brings that same attitude to the club next year.

I'm scratching my head about this Maloney thing. He came to us because we offered him a better deal than what had been offered by his previous employer, the Chooks. The guy was playing with a busted hand in a plastic cast for the latter part of the season which might partly explain some of his on field performances. And the blooody media love to speculate about player movements, player relationships and what have you just to destabilise the unfavoured clubs or to just shit-stir to sell more paper, generate more clickbait etc.

I will just patiently wait until the man himself or his associated club(s) make an actual announcement. Same with Moylan.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Maloney signing for what he did yes managers fault, not sharks it was great work.

You see Ben Hunt getting paid what mil plus great work by his manager, but the club Drags if they dont win a thing then its a bust for them

Stake Removed

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/me...p/news-story/535d6b36842685f248abc7af31c7d1f6

THE saga is over. Matt Moylan is staying at Penrith.
Channel Nine has reported Moylan’s manager Allan Gainey on Friday informed rival clubs the star playmaker will remain at the Panthers.

It comes after reports emerged Penrith had slapped a $250,000-per-year transfer fee on Moylan which would have seen the five-eighth fork out $1 million over four years if he had broken his contract.

Cronulla, Wests Tigers, and Manly were among a number of clubs believed to be interested in luring Moylan away from the foot of the mountains.

Moylan was stood down indefinitely towards the end of the season and hasn’t been heard from since.

southland

Juniors
Well our experience of a grumpy 5/8 who doesn't want to be at the club isn't good. Good luck to the pennies if it's true he does want out but is forced to stay.

Stake Removed

First Grade
So if this is the case, come 1st November clubs should up ante on those players off contract end of 2018 at Panthers like Dylan Edwards, Tyrone May, Josh Mansour,

As Moylans's money apprarantly was going to retain Edwards & May so time clubs went after them to force Panthers into decisions on all players

Frenzy.

Immortal
Oh FFS. Maloney’s dilemma is not down to his manager. He employs his manager. Maloney has veto over any deal his manager gets. Maloney agreed to the deal that was best. Maloney sat down and talked to the footy heads. Maloney inked the paper.