What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New State Cups Announce

For all the complaining you do, what do you actually want, what is your solution?

Also city country is present for this year on the calender in addition to the game at Bathurst and maybe others I have not had a detailed look so I would hardly expect the NRL to announce fixtures for the bush in 2018 which would be 16 months away!!!
Why would the NRL even be able to move NRL games to the bush? The whole premise of this idea is flawed. The NRL can't agree with the clubs on anything but people think they are going to make them play their home games in country towns, a plan that has never, ever been mentioned at any point, and certainly not before the NRL axed city-country. So they axed it with NO plan to replace it. Any other bullshit about taking NRL games to the bush is pure fantasy.

siv

First Grade
Why would the NRL even be able to move NRL games to the bush? The whole premise of this idea is flawed. The NRL can't agree with the clubs on anything but people think they are going to make them play their home games in country towns, a plan that has never, ever been mentioned at any point, and certainly not before the NRL axed city-country. So they axed it with NO plan to replace it. Any other bullshit about taking NRL games to the bush is pure fantasy.

So how do you transform from Mr Can't do anything on angry pills

To a can do sort of person ?

How about some suggestions on how you think your fellow ARLC commissioners should grow the game

So how do you transform from Mr Can't do anything on angry pills

To a can do sort of person ?

How about some suggestions on how you think your fellow ARLC commissioners should grow the game
Get Fiji and Christchurch into the nsw cup but don't f**k with it otherwise.
Bring back city-country.
Stop forcing the CRL to play under 23 rep games and realise the entire sport of rugby league is NOT just a feeder to the NRL.
Expand the NRL to Brisbane and Perth and work towards a second NZ side.
Play an origin game every year at a neutral venue like Melbourne, Perth and Auckland.
Play all origins on stand alone weekend and have a full pacific cup alongside it.
Make the Auckland nines an international event or create a proper international nines like the old world sevens.
Salary cap concessions for developing players, especially from emerging nations.
Have a proper women's World Cup next year with all the teams who should be there.

That's just off the top of my head. I've got plenty more but not all day to write them.

siv

First Grade
Ok so whats the latest on the NSW Premiership and U20s structure next year ?

Only comment so far has been U20s and NSWP to align and play on NSWP match days

Also hearing Cronulla wanted to field its own teams which hurts Newtown

Bears are in full swing to get their U20s setup

But nothing from the non District clubs Wenty, Mounties, Blacktown, Wyong in setting up u20s

And rumours of Wests may return

imgunawin72

Juniors
Ok so whats the latest on the NSW Premiership and U20s structure next year ?

Only comment so far has been U20s and NSWP to align and play on NSWP match days

Also hearing Cronulla wanted to field its own teams which hurts Newtown

Bears are in full swing to get their U20s setup

But nothing from the non District clubs Wenty, Mounties, Blacktown, Wyong in setting up u20s

And rumours of Wests may return

imgunawin72

Juniors
I guess the NSWRL are still trying to sort which teams will be in the nsw u20's comp in 2018.

I wonder what effect this have on the current massey n shield comp structure?

kbw

Bench
I think the slow movement on the EBA has a domino effect.
I know alot of clubs have been unable to re-sign their 2nd tier players until they know what they can spend

rightleftin

Juniors
I guess the NSWRL are still trying to sort which teams will be in the nsw u20's comp in 2018.

I wonder what effect this have on the current massey n shield comp structure?

It should have no impact for RMC or SS, which are both open age. It appears that the 12 clubs in ISP will be the 12 clubs in U/20's. If you remove Storm, Titans, Broncos and Cowboys from NYC there are 12 teams left, so the only change is branding ie Norths replace Souths, Mounties replace Canberra etc.

The only connection is that 3 or 4 SS teams have NYC squad members playing in their teams so that will probably continue with the U20's being under NSWRL banner rather than NRL.

siv

First Grade
If there was common sense these 12 NSW aligned NRL RG and U20s would revert back and play in their NRL club colours and names and be funded as they always were via the NRL club/LC funding structures

Everyone else should play in the NSW-RM Cup

If other clubs eg Norths/Newtown or Fiji/Christchurch still want to still compete at this level then there are 4 scheduling slots they can use. If they can afford to compete

rightleftin

Juniors
Well you need to find a club to nominate you to the NRL board so you can argue the case because no one that actually makes these decisions agree with your position.

siv

First Grade
History is a good insight into what happens in the proposed second grade / third grade model

There have been two periods in RL when we have had this arrangement

1908-1925

And 2008 onwards

Clubs came and went at a alarming rate

Only the top NRL aligned one or two clubs ever survived

imgunawin72

Juniors
I would think the teams competing in the nsw u20's 2018 will be announced soon so that the coaches can get ready for the pre season. Also the players will need to know soon.

Likewise with the massy n shield teams, most of the clubs will start pre season in November

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Any news on what the structure as a whole will look like next year? From some local articles like in Canberra times I have picked up things like ACT and group 16 fielding a rep side called monaro but not sure what level or age group? as usual piss poor communication and 2018 pre season under way!

Tigers1986

Juniors
I don't know about what Monaro/ACT/Group 16 are doing but NSWRL have been reasonably clear what competitions they're running on their new website: https://www.nswrl.com.au/competitions

Well, duh, however there is no confirmation of the teams participating unless you're intertwined in the rumour mill and gossip sites to have knowledge of it.

I'm not sure why it's such a big secret from both the NSWRL and QRL. Name your competitions, name the clubs participating. Simple.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Secret :joy: so dramatic. Can't even enjoy Christmas without a swipe

widddds

Juniors
Soooo what happened to the whole 16 teams for the new State Cups for this season? Looks like it isn't happening. Anyone have any concrete info?

Latest posts