What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

wayne57

Juniors
I'd like to hear a rumour from a quality sauce with a good record saying Mary will be sacked and a super coach appointed...

That what I was thinking also, we need a NRL quality coach to be able to mix it with the top teams, the players have won some games on the own ability alone but every one can see as far as game plan or coaching is concern it is non existent or maybe after Mary was extended he stop putting in the effort knowing he was safe for a couple of years

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Before I start, everyone should know me by now and know that I don't f**k around when it comes to "inside information". I'm always calling people out for their bullshit so you can trust me when I say this has come from a source very deep within the club.

A colleague of mine was talking to this person today, and apparently this source has never actually heard of Alex Walmsley and said he doesn't watch a lot of Super League. Also said that Koroibete is still contracted to Rugby and is off limits.
He did make mention that they are on the lookout for a winger however, it is their number 1 priority right now.
He also said that Thommo is contracted next year and thinks he won't be going anywhere.

Now, he could just be keeping a tight lip on recruitment and playing dumb (I tend to believe that is the case, as I strongly feel like Thommo is gone), but if this is actually true then it's quite interesting to say the least.
However, the messages that were passed onto me seemed very professional and rehearsed, probably what he would say to anyone on the street... So we shall see how it pans out.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Hey Brissy, whats your 5000 post going to be? Let me guess. Sack the coach!
Let's hope its not. Still have 900 posts to go to get to the illustrious 5000 mark and on average, it takes me a year and a half to post 1000, which would mean Mary still be in charge mid 2019. I don't want another two wasted seasons. I wish there was something better to discuss!

denis preston

First Grade
Before I start, everyone should know me by now and know that I don't f**k around when it comes to "inside information". I'm always calling people out for their bullshit so you can trust me when I say this has come from a source very deep within the club.

A colleague of mine was talking to this person today, and apparently this source has never actually heard of Alex Walmsley and said he doesn't watch a lot of Super League. Also said that Koroibete is still contracted to Rugby and is off limits.
He did make mention that they are on the lookout for a winger however, it is their number 1 priority right now.
He also said that Thommo is contracted next year and thinks he won't be going anywhere.

Now, he could just be keeping a tight lip on recruitment and playing dumb (I tend to believe that is the case, as I strongly feel like Thommo is gone), but if this is actually true then it's quite interesting to say the least.
However, the messages that were passed onto me seemed very professional and rehearsed, probably what he would say to anyone on the street... So we shall see how it pans out.
Well if it was from a director of our club than he probably hasn't heard of the Super League either !

Crush

Coach
Let's hope its not. Still have 900 posts to go to get to the illustrious 5000 mark and on average, it takes me a year and a half to post 1000, which would mean Mary still be in charge mid 2019. I don't want another two wasted seasons. I wish there was something better to discuss!
I must admit I got my maths wrong there mate. I thought 4099 plus 1 was 5000. I was only 900 off!!!

Overseas dragon

Juniors

Sounds like an each way bet .

MrDragon007

Juniors

I too have a few mates that are player managers and i back you up 100% that these contacts we have dont always speak the truth.
Its understandable really, i also have mates that have direct contact with club officials (alot within our club too) and alot of what they say is said to simply throw off rumours.
They wont willy nilly give out info, they have to protect the players or persons involved. There are contracts etc so its understandable that "lies" will be told to throw off speculation and rumours.
Anyways, true or false, keep the info coming lad, makes things interesting.

cussy

Juniors
hey buddy what's your mail on Dragons chasing an up and coming forward and being linked to moving thommo on?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
From what I have been told manly has backed of re tommo . Because they have cap trouble. But if tommo goes then we have a better chance of getting a up and coming forward.

We are cashing a forward but nothing is set in stone yet.
Same with trying to off load nene.
I think a few teams are waiting to see who may be let go.
I wish I could say we have picked up a quick centre/winger but have heard nothing.
Imo

Last edited:

cussy

Juniors
From what I have been told manly has backed of re tommo . Because they have cap trouble. But if tommo goes then we have a better chance of getting a up and coming forward.

We are cashing a forward but nothing is set in stone yet.
Same with trying to off load nene.
I think a few teams are waiting to see who may be let go.
I wish I could say we have picked up a quick centre/winger but have heard nothing.
Imo
I've been told young gun is holding off resigning till we have made our offer so at least he is considering the move.

Latest posts