What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richard Agar

BrissyRedV

Bench
DRAGONS NAB POM

Former Hull and Wakefield boss Richard Agar will take his coaching career to the NRL after leaving his post as assistant at Warrington.

The Wolves have confirmed the departure of Agar after three years as right-hand man to Tony Smith, who has also left the club.

Agar, who was in charge of France for the 2013 World Cup, is expected to join the backroom staff of St George Illawarra.

“I have been fortunate to experience grand finals, Challenge Cup finals, winning the league and a World Cup during my coaching career in this country,” Agar said.

“To experience living and working in Australia at this stage of my life is an opportunity I feel I could not pass up, for both me and my family.”

Warrington chief executive Karl Fitzpatrick, who recently spent a week in Australia seeking a successor to Smith, said: “On behalf of everyone at the club I’d like to thank Richard for all his efforts and hard work during his time with us.

“He played a massive part in the success of 2016. I know the players all respected and enjoyed working with him. A move to the NRL is an exciting opportunity for him and his family, and we wish him all the best with this new venture.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/ex...s/news-story/fe1d0c431a00b3b44b80d6b94f3b2ad4

TomRedVRiver

Bench
DRAGONS NAB POM

Former Hull and Wakefield boss Richard Agar will take his coaching career to the NRL after leaving his post as assistant at Warrington.

The Wolves have confirmed the departure of Agar after three years as right-hand man to Tony Smith, who has also left the club.

Agar, who was in charge of France for the 2013 World Cup, is expected to join the backroom staff of St George Illawarra.

“I have been fortunate to experience grand finals, Challenge Cup finals, winning the league and a World Cup during my coaching career in this country,” Agar said.

“To experience living and working in Australia at this stage of my life is an opportunity I feel I could not pass up, for both me and my family.”

Warrington chief executive Karl Fitzpatrick, who recently spent a week in Australia seeking a successor to Smith, said: “On behalf of everyone at the club I’d like to thank Richard for all his efforts and hard work during his time with us.

“He played a massive part in the success of 2016. I know the players all respected and enjoyed working with him. A move to the NRL is an exciting opportunity for him and his family, and we wish him all the best with this new venture.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/ex...s/news-story/fe1d0c431a00b3b44b80d6b94f3b2ad4

The title of that article made my heart skip a beat when I saw it this morning. "Dragons Nab Pom". Thought it was referring to Walmsley at first haha.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
DRAGONS NAB POM

Hope Karl was out here to offer Mary the Wakefield Coaching role.

Maybe Agar is an early lieutenant for Tony Smith to come back to the Dragons!

DRAGONS NAB POM

So what is the coaching set up going to be?
Head Coach - McGregor
Assistants - We are already up to 3 - Hornby, Young and Agoar
Consultants - Coyne and who knows how many others.
It's going to get mighty squeezy in the coach's box on game day!

Life's Good

Coach
I’m a bit indifferent to this appointment. By all means a good assistant can add a lot of value but I am still not sold on Agar being given the opportunity to provide input. My hope is that the UK connection( with Widdop & Graham) will give him the confidence to speak up so the players get to hear a new voice which they might respond to.

John moz

Juniors
Xmas wish list .
Tony smith coach
Agar assistant.
1 or 2 more English players to sign.
Win Corporation to buy Illawarra half.
Wayne Bennett new Ceo.

ouryear

Juniors
Xmas wish list .
Tony smith coach