What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siebold first impressions

JetRider

Juniors
Watched our future coach on 360 interview and was very impressed with his articulate responses to all questions. Indicated his 4 goals to determine success in his first year and I thought was very considerate and realistic. I a.m. heartened with his attitude and expect to see improvement in the team performance next year.

Has what appears to be a very good mind for performance and can not wait to see how the playing style will change under him.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Watched our future coach on 360 interview and was very impressed with his articulate responses to all questions. Indicated his 4 goals to determine success in his first year and I thought was very considerate and realistic. I a.m. heartened with his attitude and expect to see improvement in the team performance next year.

Has what appears to be a very good mind for performance and can not wait to see how the playing style will change under him.
Need to try and catch a replay. Good to hear

JetRider

Juniors
What were his goals?
From memory they related to playing to the strengths of the individuals in the team, to improve our performance and style of play and to ensure growth in individual performance.

Did not come out and say top 4 or 8 but insinuated improvement would look after results.

ouryear

Juniors
It still says madge is your coach on your forum main page here, come on guys, get with it. Edit it!

callmack1

Staff member
I'm so impressed with Siebold so far.

From the initial press conference, to a few other things he's done and that 360 interview he looks like he knows what he's doing. Didn't shy away from any questions, was realistic and seems to have plans in place.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It's good to see he wants to get our best playmakers more involved as I felt like Walker and AJ (fill in fullback) were not involved enough in the crucial part of the season but rather when the season was lost. I liked his analysis of the Burgess twins and how their form dropped mostly due to the interchange reduction. As most could see they struggled to play big minutes. I also like how he didn't give into that "they need to lose 5 kg" point. Their size is what gives them that impact. I think they are most effective in shorter intervals. They are not superhumans like Taumololo or bromwhich. I would propose the longest stint they do is 15-20 minutes. Then we bring some of the younger/fresher players onto the park.

handyman2190

Bench
It's good to see he wants to get our best playmakers more involved as I felt like Walker and AJ (fill in fullback) were not involved enough in the crucial part of the season but rather when the season was lost. I liked his analysis of the Burgess twins and how their form dropped mostly due to the interchange reduction. As most could see they struggled to play big minutes. I also like how he didn't give into that "they need to lose 5 kg" point. Their size is what gives them that impact. I think they are most effective in shorter intervals. They are not superhumans like Taumololo or bromwhich. I would propose the longest stint they do is 15-20 minutes. Then we bring some of the younger/fresher players onto the park.
Basically apart from gagai and Gi the team is unchanged unless 2 props are bought forget improvement we have lost players not replaced them

southsport

First Grade
No matter what goods seibold or any coach has if he dosent have the cattle he is nothing eg bennet re newcastle and bennet re broncos i could coach the broncos and win....

Agree, but what are your expectations for 2018? My expectations are to improve but I'm not expecting to reach the GF.

handyman2190

Bench
Agree, but what are your expectations for 2018? My expectations are to improve but I'm not expecting to reach the GF.
In reality...i dont see us improving unless there is a signing or 2
All teams under us have strengthened their rosters and wont be under us next year we have a definciency at 7 and need 2 props we may be able to do something with AR but we were useing 2nd rowers at prop this year and have lost tyrell we are short we cant just depend on 2 burgi and sam at prop is half of what he is at lock ...though thats where he will end up at prop as murray is exceptional.
Things will not get better and may get worse before we snap out of it and buy a 7 and 2 props that will create the platform the backs need

handyman2190

Bench
Sorry boys ...i know its negative.....last 2 years everyone was optamistic and positive and look what happened...i know there is money but it may be needed to stop angus leaving and murray needs upgrading cody as well so im being realistic here

southsport

First Grade
All teams under us have strengthened their rosters and wont be under us next year we have a definciency at 7 and need 2 props we may be able to do something with AR but we were useing 2nd rowers at prop this year and have lost tyrell we are short we cant just depend on 2 burgi and sam at prop is half of what he is at lock ...though thats where he will end up at prop as murray is exceptional.
Things will not get better and may get worse before we snap out of it and buy a 7 and 2 props that will create the platform the backs need

Don't forget Musgrove and young Sam Johnstone could make an appearance.........Jordan Mailata may step up by years end also.

Still some cards to fall in the marketplace as well.

burgibigbash

Juniors
Basically apart from gagai and Gi the team is unchanged unless 2 props are bought forget improvement we have lost players not replaced them
I think w
I think Sam is great at prop. Sam is needed in the middle , but so is Murray. Murray is very good defensively on the edge as well and Sam makes the halves nervous when defending there. It's a hard decision and probably a great position to be in. We are arguably assembling the best backrow in the NRL.
This might be a big call , but even without Sam I feel that Murray, Fuimaono and Crichton have the ability and talent to challenge the best backrow combinations in the NRL. Turner Clark, Sutto, Talakai are fairly solid bench options.
All three will step up another level again which IMO will improve us without having to go crazy in the marketplace. I think Talakai is as exciting as the three that I mentioned and will improve playing in his best position as a backrower.
I do agree though that the 7 needs to step up. If we could shop Farah off and grab Cronk we will make the top 4.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sorry boys ...i know its negative.....last 2 years everyone was optamistic and positive and look what happened...i know there is money but it may be needed to stop angus leaving and murray needs upgrading cody as well so im being realistic here
I completely agree mate....

Rabbits20

Immortal

I'm hoping we make the 8. I'm struggling to see it though......

Especially if we use Farah when we shouldn't....
I think w

I think Sam is great at prop. Sam is needed in the middle , but so is Murray. Murray is very good defensively on the edge as well and Sam makes the halves nervous when defending there. It's a hard decision and probably a great position to be in. We are arguably assembling the best backrow in the NRL.
This might be a big call , but even without Sam I feel that Murray, Fuimaono and Crichton have the ability and talent to challenge the best backrow combinations in the NRL. Turner Clark, Sutto, Talakai are fairly solid bench options.
All three will step up another level again which IMO will improve us without having to go crazy in the marketplace. I think Talakai is as exciting as the three that I mentioned and will improve playing in his best position as a backrower.
I do agree though that the 7 needs to step up. If we could shop Farah off and grab Cronk we will make the top 4.
We keep waiting for Turner to step up and he just has not yet....

He goes through games missing too much....

Talakai is a big unknown.... sure not be used at centre.......

Latest posts