What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Socceroos 2018 World Cup Qualification Thread

Ange has the right idea, just not the cattle to make it work.

We cannot play that f**king formation in the World Cup, we will get towelled. At this rate we'll not even make it as Honduras will dick us, especially missing Leckie for the first leg.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ange has the right idea, just not the cattle to make it work.

We cannot play that f**king formation in the World Cup, we will get towelled. At this rate we'll not even make it as Honduras will dick us, especially missing Leckie for the first leg.
Plus no Milligan...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ange is OK, he just doesn't have the cattle.

Foxsports just reported he is pissed off with the media, the media leaked the team yesterday at lunch time and Mooy learned he was starting from the bench from the media

Jimbo

Immortal
Can't believe we were confederation champions two years ago, and now we're literally within two inches of losing a playoff for fifth

I can't see us bothering Honduras too much if we're going to keep playing like West Ham

Smack

Coach
You can't give Ange credit for getting this far. His brand of football has been awful. Three at the back won't work against decent wingers who can exploit the space once our wide players are caught up field.

I give Degenek a lot of credit for beating Syria, he put in two fantastic tackles, one in each game, that saved clear chances.

Kruse is beyond awful.

Our attacking movement in and around the box has been shit, I believe I saw maybe two good runs off the ball in both these legs.

Against weaker teams, we should be looking to keep the ball on the ground when in possession, with players coming short to give options. But everything is lobbed. I get it, Cahill is great in the air, but cmon..

Can't believe we were confederation champions two years ago, and now we're literally within two inches of losing a playoff for fifth

I can't see us bothering Honduras too much if we're going to keep playing like West Ham

Quote for motherf**king truth Jim.

Fancy having only lost one group qualification game and still having to the long way in and still possibly getting done.

You can't give Ange credit for getting this far. His brand of football has been awful. Three at the back won't work against decent wingers who can exploit the space once our wide players are caught up field.

I give Degenek a lot of credit for beating Syria, he put in two fantastic tackles, one in each game, that saved clear chances.

Kruse is beyond awful.

Our attacking movement in and around the box has been shit, I believe I saw maybe two good runs off the ball in both these legs.

Against weaker teams, we should be looking to keep the ball on the ground when in possession, with players coming short to give options. But everything is lobbed. I get it, Cahill is great in the air, but cmon..

Kruse isn't a superstar but he's not being used right either.

Three at the back doesn't work for us because we are f**king disgraceful at rallying against the counter. So in all Ange's wisdom he decides to play three backs when we've been poor at defending shallow against the long ball.

Whoever takes over needs to just keep it simple.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Kruse was arguably our best player a couple of years ago when he earned a gig at Leverkusen but since he done his knee again he has been putrid. Lost his speed, all his creativity not playing with any confidence.

USA are like us, FIFA put qualification pretty much on a platter for them but they have still butchered it... I think we are in big trouble tbh.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If we can somehow draw with Honduras or only lose by a goal by some miracle then we should get a very big crowd at ANZ....

Somewhere around the 60-65k mark I would predict.....

If Honduras beat us by a couple of goals like I think they will over there the crowd will be much less......

Vozzy

Juniors
As a NSWelshman im hoping they actually play the next game at either Suncorp or Ethiad under a roof. We need a full house. When we travel to Honduras it will be similar to when we went to Uruguay very hoatile. We need to give it back to them. I remember going to the uruguay game. They didnt know what hit them.