What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blade Runner 2049

elyod138

Bench
Sadly, it looks like it's bombing.

Such a shame. I'm going to see it again this weekend. Maybe twice.
There's a bit of hope internationally. It's doing alright in the UK and it hasn't been released a few countries where it could potentially do good numbers.

I kind of expected it, the first one was a huge flop and only got a following later. I expect this one at the very least will have a decent cult following.

I hope it can get a respectable number, studios will take less risks like this if it ends up a complete flop.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Saw it yesterday and still digesting it, it’s a hard movie to rate right away.

As mentioned, visually amazing, great score, captures all the spirit of the original albeit it feels slightly less bleak somehow and I personally don’t think that’s a great thing given that’s what draws me to the original. Third act felt like a mild let down but at the same time this isn’t that type of “epic big reveal” movie.

I like that it takes its time, and doesn’t deliver cheap cop out answers like say the SW prequels. In fact it probably raises more questions, and I really hope there’s additional subtle clues in repeat viewings, like Prisoners and unlike say Inception, which only opens more and more worms.

Gosling is in “Drive” mode, which suits this, and Ford once again brings his A game. Leto was brilliant I thought, made you instantly uncomfortable with his dark coldness without relying on OTT theatrics.

I’m a sucker for real sci fi cinema, 8/10 at least

Zoidberg

First Grade
I've seen the original twice (not sure which cut/s) and never really enjoyed it, but this is fantastic! Such a great movie that drags you into the world as the mystery and never let's go. 8.5/10.
Makes me want to go back and try the original again.

RockWheel

Bench
Ended up seeing it over the weekend. Super happy and impressed with how it turned out but it's definitely not for everyone, like the original. Basically if you like hard sci-fi (like the original blade runner, 2001) or you enjoy movies as an artistic medium you'd enjoy this.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
There's a bit of hope internationally. It's doing alright in the UK and it hasn't been released a few countries where it could potentially do good numbers.

I kind of expected it, the first one was a huge flop and only got a following later. I expect this one at the very least will have a decent cult following.

I hope it can get a respectable number, studios will take less risks like this if it ends up a complete flop.

I think it’ll make bank, especially as the reviews and word of mouth are great. But it might take a while, it won’t get there on initial box office.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The only problem is that deckhard is old which suggests hes not a replicant. It robs the original of any meaning.

I dont get the conplaints about pacing. Its similar to classics of the time: the thing, alien, the shining.

Not necessarily- is there anything canon that says a replicant (provided it doesn’t have a built in expiry date like the Nexus 6 models) can’t age?

snoozer

Bench
Only just got to see this.

Absolutely unreal. Loved it from start to finish. Watched it again the next day and loved it more.
Gosling was great and ford exceptional. Leto was fantastic too. Robin wright and Sylvia hoeks were great characters.(apparently the movie copped a canning because women were portrayed badly(hookers, servile etc) I didn't see it.)

9.5/10

I don't care if it stiffed at the box office, still an exceptional film.

Does anyone know anything about the prequel short films? Apparently there are 3( one animated).

myrrh ken

First Grade
Not necessarily- is there anything canon that says a replicant (provided it doesn’t have a built in expiry date like the Nexus 6 models) can’t age?

Finally got around to see this thing. Great visuals. A few surprises. Great movie although i think it limped in a bit at the end.

Another reason why i think deckhard is human. He could jizz.

Latest posts