What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sione

Woosh

Head Moderator
I think this deserves its own topic.
Where does he fit into our 17 next season?
People are saying centre have short memories.
He was horrendous in attack and defense.
IMO if he has to be in the 17 somewhere he can be our bench utility to cover the outside backs and forwards.

mozza91

Coach
He was terrible for most of 2015 but picked up towards the end of the season and was pretty good there before moving to the back row last year. If we can't sign anyone to play right centre he should move back.

Burwood

Bench
He’ll be the new Joe Wardle next year I have the feeling. Brown had a hardon for a while to find a backrower who could cover centre, and that’s why we ended up with Joe. I think he’ll start the year on the bench.

Old dog

Juniors
We seem to forget a lot and then let new signings take over, sure he is not our best, has some deficiencies, don't they all, but he did rate in a lot of ways, picked every game, top 5 tackles for year, are we being too harsh, he is JUST 21, captains the side and gives it 100 percent plus. What does he mean too the team, does his enthusiasm inspire them.
Stop knocking him because of past prejudice, he is an asset and will be no matter where he plays. Doesn't matter if centre, second row,, bench, reserves he will keep giving and we should appreciate that. And by the way he seems a very decent and likable person

Pedge1971

First Grade
He is the club captain at 20. Whether centre or 2nd row he will start somewhere. Deservedly so. He is clearly a bloke who the group want to be around.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
I hope he spends the preseason at centre Sione has had to shuffle around a lot of postitions in his short career. Letting him focus on one I think will be beneficial for him. People also forget he is only 21 years of age and I though he had a good year. I also thought he was shaking promise for us at centre in early 2016 before the move to the back row. I don’t remember his defense being to bad at all (remembering his winger were awful defensively) and he made some strong runs his try against the Warriors a particular memory

Spot On

Coach
Out of the World Cup now due to the concussion concerns.

Wonder what it all means long term?

Joel-22

Juniors
I have it on good authority that the plan for Sione is to continue bulking. One can only deduce that that rules out a move back to the centres...

Could always just move him back out to the wing I guess.. I say he'll be playing centre though unless we sign someone then i dunno where we put him lol

Old dog

Juniors
Doesn't matter were he plays the concussion thing will continue to worry. Centre means less work in the middle and reduces number of possible injuries. Trust those in charge have a good grasp of situation and that welfare will out weigh winning.
I believe he is the type of player that could adapt to any position without over excelling in any, a good club man, hope it all works out well for him and we see him somewhere in our team in 2018 plus.

Joel-22

Juniors
He was never going to move back to the centres.
He was horrible there.
In his first full season of first grade in the position. He'd be hardly the first person to have an average year lol

On that note, I want to take the opportunity now to say that I believe next year Sione will be our first player picked. I think he'll have a huge year and will be in contention for a spot in the NSW squad. I can feel it deep within my loins

Joel-22

Juniors
Sione our first player picked?
Base on what exactly?
Hes struggling to make our 17 next year and you think he’s a chance for origin?
I have what you’re smoking.

Cannabis Sativa mostly.

Anyone who thinks he's struggling to make our 17 next year is clueless. He's our captain. Do you think Brown handed that out lightly?

Pedge1971

First Grade
In his first full season of first grade in the position. He'd be hardly the first person to have an average year lol

On that note, I want to take the opportunity now to say that I believe next year Sione will be our first player picked. I think he'll have a huge year and will be in contention for a spot in the NSW squad. I can feel it deep within my loins

Hi dad. And thanks..

slotmachine

First Grade
He was meant to have a huge year this year...
Never looked right starting with the all-star game to be honest.

Joel-22

Juniors
Hate all you want ladies, he still did some quality things this season in his first full year in a totally new position. As I said, we'll just have to wait and see

Burwood

Bench
The thing about Sione is that he is quality. He has the mindset to go off and work on his deficiencies and become a better player- he isn’t going to rest on his laurels.

Another thing to remember is that he’s played wing, centre, fullback and backrow in a very short amount of time. It’s not an easy task for a young player, especially in a team so void of genuine talent and experience as we’ve had the last three years. If Brown is happy to keep him as a backrower, and he is given another offseason to train in the one position and not always get moved around, he has the potential to become one of our first players picked each week.

The only real hurdle he has is concussions.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
The thing about Sione is that he is quality. He has the mindset to go off and work on his deficiencies and become a better player- he isn’t going to rest on his laurels.

Another thing to remember is that he’s played wing, centre, fullback and backrow in a very short amount of time. It’s not an easy task for a young player, especially in a team so void of genuine talent and experience as we’ve had the last three years. If Brown is happy to keep him as a backrower, and he is given another offseason to train in the one position and not always get moved around, he has the potential to become one of our first players picked each week.

The only real hurdle he has is concussions.

I was about to post a long winded comment, but thankfully you saved me the trouble.. You took the words out of my mouth.