What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
He was a no frills front rower from what I saw. Looks to be in the mould of a Clark type player. Played a fair few games for U20's as well. I don't know if we offered him a contract either. Seems unlikely that we did if he went straight over to England.

saw a statement from Souths on twitter that we offered him a contract & he'd accepted it, yet backed out in the cooling off period

I don't see it as a massive negative, he'll want to come home at some stage, if we think he is good enough we can always make him an offer, good on the kid, its not like he'd be playing first grade here straight away

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
saw a statement from Souths on twitter that we offered him a contract & he'd accepted it, yet backed out in the cooling off period

I don't see it as a massive negative, he'll want to come home at some stage, if we think he is good enough we can always make him an offer, good on the kid, its not like he'd be playing first grade here straight away

Okay well that makes sense then. I guess he saw an opportunity to get to first grade over there quicker than here.

doyen

Bench
doyen

these were the weights of the forwards from the all conquering Melbourne Storm team

Bromwich J 114kg
McLean 115kg
Kaufusi 109kg
Harris 112kg
Finucane 102kg

Bromwich K 105kg
Glasby 104kg
Asofa-Solomona 115kg

From this you want your forwards to be between 102kg and 115kg

100kg to 105kg is too small for most of your forwards in the modern era

I just think it's worth experimenting with.

Obviously they'd have to be hard,tough,super-fit & mobile.
There main strength would be tackling--each very capable of 40 to 50 tackles a game & still have the stamina[with i/change breaks] to run the big boys ragged.
If mobility is not affected too much by adding more weight I'd be OK with them being slightly bigger;say around the 108 kgs!!
Picking up 9 forwards of that calibre though would be a big task --a team building exercise!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Knights have signed Heighington...

I feel I may do a list later of all the Knights signings compared to ours...

I have had a gutful with our recruitment.....

Pull you finger out of your arse Richo.....

I'm starting to fire up here...

SattlersJaw14

Juniors

what????

your attitude is just typically very shallow & stupid

you crave engagement, you crave any signing to create the illusion that something is happening

There is no point signing players for the sake of it

I think you'll find, or at least i get the impression that there is a lot of wheeling & dealing going on behind the scenes with quite a few clubs, obviously there are a few big names being mentioned, perhaps they'll move on, change clubs etc, who knows? but if one or more does then like a few journos have suggested it could create a sudden flood of player movements (poor choice of words i know)
You might find that its shrewd of Richo to wait & see who becomes available & not just sign anyone willy nilly to sate the curiosity of the likes of you

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Heighington is a shit signing. That's the equivalent to us resigning Sutton, but Sutton can at least make an impact when he runs the ball. I'm not even annoyed at the slightest we didn't try to sign him.

I understand your frustration R20 but I want quality not quantity. I would be very surprised if we enter the next season with 0 good signings from now.

callmack1

Staff member
I think you'll find, or at least i get the impression that there is a lot of wheeling & dealing going on behind the scenes with quite a few clubs, obviously there are a few big names being mentioned, perhaps they'll move on, change clubs etc, who knows? but if one or more does then like a few journos have suggested it could create a sudden flood of player movements (poor choice of words i know)
You might find that its shrewd of Richo to wait & see who becomes available & not just sign anyone willy nilly to sate the curiosity of the likes of you
I actually agree with this part. A lot can and will happen before the start of the season and we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

If nothing's changed by January then I would be fuming but we have no idea what's going to happen.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Heighno isn't being signed to start in the best 17. Sutton will. Big difference.

1. Suttons wage is completely covered by long serving players allowance. Heighno's isn't.

2. Heighington will be in your 17 I can 97% confidently say that.

Conclusion. Not a big difference at all.

southsport

First Grade
Yeah because Fergo asked him to leave his place because he was being a dick and trying to wake his kids Apparently.
Then Carter called the cops and said he was worried about Fergos kids.
He's just a maggot.

I see, I didn't realise the two incidents were related.

doyen

Bench
In a follow on to my streamlined pack I reckon this pack/bench would create havoc--

Wade GRAHAM 96kgs [lock]
Matt GILLET 104 [SR]
Tyson FRIZELL 103 [SR]
Josh JACKSON 100 [Prop]
Cam SMITH
Josh McGUIRE 102 [Prop]

Bench.
Jake TRBOJEVIC. 107 kgs
Jack de BELIN. 107 kgs
Boyd CORDNER. 102 kgs
Angus CRICHTON. 102 kgs

Others to consider--Ethan LOWE 103 Korbin SIMS 108 Alex GLENN 100 plus a number of other lighter & hardworking forwards.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Newcastle have solid signings:

Ese'ese (I'd have liked him)
Griffin (I'd have taken him)
Guerra
Heighington
Kenny-Dowall
Lillyman (I'd have taken him)
Moga
Ponga
Watson (I'd have taken him)

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Newcastle have solid signings:

Ese'ese (I'd have liked him)
Griffin (I'd have taken him)
Guerra
Heighington
Kenny-Dowall
Lillyman (I'd have taken him)
Moga
Ponga
Watson (I'd have taken him)

Griffin? You would of taken a bench hooker? We don't need anymore hookers in this squad.

Ese'ese and Watson are the only 2 players I would've been keen on but the problem is that they are relatively unproven outside of top sides such as the roosters and broncos. They are also both young and big contracts can get to their heads. The reality is is that they are taking discards from other teams, do we really want to recruit like that? I would of been keen on SKD but he hates Souths. Moga is a pretty good signing but they offered him a pretty big sum considering the broncos couldn't match it.

doyen

Bench
Griffin? You would of taken a bench hooker? We don't need anymore hookers in this squad.

Ese'ese and Watson are the only 2 players I would've been keen on but the problem is that they are relatively unproven outside of top sides such as the roosters and broncos. They are also both young and big contracts can get to their heads. The reality is is that they are taking discards from other teams, do we really want to recruit like that? I would of been keen on SKD but he hates Souths. Moga is a pretty good signing but they offered him a pretty big sum considering the broncos couldn't match it.

A lot of our future depends on one little thing---GI's KNEE!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
A lot of our future depends on one little thing---GI's KNEE!!!!

This is very true. This is why I'm constantly debating whether or not it's right that he plays fullback or centre. The workload over the full season could be a lot on his knees. AJ was finally growing into the position as well. With quality outside backs around him he could go even better.