What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NFL Draft

shiznit

Coach
Philly would boo anyone, but the moment the Boys/Skins/Giants came out it went to another level.
It would be the same for a lot of fan bases...

Seattle fans would do the same if it was in Seattle.

Raiders fans would probably do the same to AFC West teams... and the 49ers... and the Steelers... :joy::joy:

but no doubt there would be shitloads of niners fans also if it was in the Bay Area.

I actually hope it stays in Philly though... that was great... it kinda reminded me of watching football games being played at the old Vet.... they were so brutal...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
To a degree yes, but Philly has a reputation for booing anything or anyone for any reason. They're like an entire city of grumpy cats.

legend

Coach
IMO, the Bucs are the team that looks most improved after the draft. Howard will be a gun and I like Evans in the secondary as a day one starter. With Mike Evans, DeSean Jackson and O.J. Howard out there, Winston should create plenty of mismatches and they play in a relatively weak division so a playoff run is likely for the Bucs.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Redraft for your team, you can pick anyone who fell between the pick you're at and your next pick. Example, I can take TJ watt at 30 or any player that fell between there and the Steelers 2nd round pick.

1.30 TJ Watt OLB - no brainer for me.
2.30 Juju Smith-Schuster WR - some tempting defensive talent on the board but who am I to argue with the Steelers drafting a WR they like? Still only 20 as well.
3.30 Cam Sutton DB - I don't know who else I would have taken.
3.41 James Conner RB - Local guy with a great story, probably a reach but it's someone they know very well so happy to stick with it.
4.29 Jake Butt TE - No need to draft competition for Landry Jones this high so the TE gets a spot.
5.30 Xavier Woods DB - More DB help.
6.30 Brad Kaaya QB - Here's where you take your #3 QB.
7.30 Keion Adams OLB - Stick with what they took.

shiznit

Coach
The only change I probably would have made would be Reuben Foster in the first round instead of Conley.

I'm not privy to all the info the team got but when we have a need as big as ours at ILB I just don't see how we pass on him.

And you never really know either... with the rape charge hanging over him Conley may have even been available when we picked in the 2nd.

nick87

Coach
14th: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee: No change here, have really come around on the pick. He tested poorly but had the flu and a dodgey ankle. Nothing on tape suggests he lacks closing speed. Im fine with this pick

43rd: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington: LOOOOVE this pick. He's my #1 corner in the entire draft. Getting him here, despite the ankle is value. I dont think there is any reason to think he wont come back and be a stud.

99th: Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virgina: I really REALLY wanted Jourdan Lewis here but it doesnt work out. After going DL i think the right move was to go CB and CB on day 2 and he's the best guy on the board at this time. No change

118th:Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson: I like him a lot as a 1st and 2nd down back, think despite being a little light he could be an effective between the tackles runner. Would have loved to get someone like him

132nd: Desmond King, CB/S, Iowa: He was a first round prospect before a bad senior bowl. I think he's a good player who can be a key member of a good, physical secondary. Would give the eagles a good match up corner/safety to bring in on Nickle

166th: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh: Dont care that we've got Wentz, i think Peterman has a chance to develop into a really good QB, and at worst a capable back up. You keep picking Qbs and if you end up with too many you can ALWAYS trade them

184th: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virgina Tech: We have Ertz but Celek is not far off retirement. I think he could be a good development player who can be contributor down the line

214th: Elijah Quallis, DT, Washington: no problems at all with this pick. Good value, flashed huge upside. Good athlete. Think he's making the roster for sure.

Tom155

Coach
#20 Garrett Bolles OT
#51 Demarcus Walker DE
#82 Carlos Henderson WR
#101 Dorian Johnson G - More talent/depth for very weak o-line rather than reaching for a raw CB who will at best 4th on the depth chart
#145 Jake Butt TE
#175 Brendan Langley CB - Better spot for him here, no need for CB earlier, would not do the trade up three spots for McKenzie in the 5th
#203 De'Angelo Henderson RB
#238 Isaiah McKenzie WR - Explosive returner
#253 Chad Kelly QB - No risk in the 7th, all upside.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
It's funny, i tried to shoe horn Jake Butt into my redraft too. Everyone seems to think that's a slam dunk pick

nick87

Coach
FYI

Really cool piece in the MMQB by Peter King about being in the war room of the Niners, Similar to last year's one with Dallas. I f**kING love reading this shit. It's a great insight into what draft days are like for teams, the highs and lows of it all, the process

think Lynch, Shanny and co come off really well in it. As ive said before, think Lynch was bad in FA but if this is how he's going to handle drafts, they'll be back on top as a juggernaut fairly quickly. Very impressive stuff

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yup. Love getting that inside info behind closed doors. That Foster pick was crazy, seconds away from not happening.

How dumb are the Seahawks though? Never trade to a division rival like that. They must have thought we were going to take a QB or something. If Foster comes good he'll be killing them for years.

Also I feel better about the CJ pick being so early. When it comes to QB's I'll back Shanahan.

Also really like some of the UDFA pickups the 9ers got. Talent poor roster still, but there's some potential there.

nick87

Coach
Yeah it was interesting to see how much Shanahan wanted the QB and RB
makes me think he's really got some plans for them

kurt faulk

Coach

Talk most of the teams think foster will need more surgery to his shoulders. That's why he fell so far.

Collateral

Coach
IMO, the Bucs are the team that looks most improved after the draft. Howard will be a gun and I like Evans in the secondary as a day one starter. With Mike Evans, DeSean Jackson and O.J. Howard out there, Winston should create plenty of mismatches and they play in a relatively weak division so a playoff run is likely for the Bucs.

The NFL analysts have projected us to come last in the NFC South...and I wouldn't call it a weak playoff division. Last year the Falcons made the SB and the year before the Panthers.

I like Evans but I don't see him as a rd 2 talent...I think he will improve the explosiveness of the backfield but will also whiff on a lot of plays that he should just make the tackle on.

Howard should be an absolute beast as our Y TE. Add to that Cam Brate 8 Touchdowns last year and the UDFA Auclaire and we have a ridiculous amount of talent and mismatch potential on offense.

We will be running a lot of 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB plays this year...If Doug Martin regains his form (again), then the running attack will be up there again.

Licht and Coach K have done a fantastic job the last 2 years addressing needs through FA and the draft.

zombie jesus

Staff member
You just jinxed it. Double ACL injury coming after back flipping into the end zone in the 1st quarter in Sunday.

nick87

Coach
I still take Lenny fournette right now over hunt
Hunt is in a perfect offence for him, Fournette is running against 8-9 man boxes and making it look easy

Latest posts