What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Designated tacklers for skill positions

We've spoken about the half-back being able to come off when team defending before, I'll accept that. But stopping the match? No no no no no. I don't watch the NFL, would Aussies stop watching it too, thanks.

T-Boon

Coach
T boon, it would be a farce at times, 6 running on, 6 coming off, flip no, it would look like a scene from a Benny Hill show on sum occasions.

Maybe they could just bring it in that you can only substitute the DTs in and out during the lead up to a scrum.

legs 11

Juniors
simple solution get rid of the interchange.....80 minute footballers will be 80-95kg not 100-120kg.....2 subs for injuries, like the old days...too easy

T-Boon

Coach
simple solution get rid of the interchange.....80 minute footballers will be 80-95kg not 100-120kg.....2 subs for injuries, like the old days...too easy

That would be the way to go except that they are crazy about this concussion stuff now and that will be exploited by coaches.
I don't see them ever reducing interchange let alone going back to 3 or 4 replacements.

Raiderdave

First Grade
and watch the game slow down to union pace
yeh , thats what we want eh lol