What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siebold first impressions

southsport

First Grade
I'm hoping we make the 8. I'm struggling to see it though......

Especially if we use Farah when we shouldn't....

We keep waiting for Turner to step up and he just has not yet....

He goes through games missing too much....

Talakai is a big unknown.... sure not be used at centre.......

We'll see if Seibold can do anything with Turner, he does need to step up, he has the potential to be like Cordner but it just hasn't happened.

callmack1

Staff member
We'll see if Seibold can do anything with Turner, he does need to step up, he has the potential to be like Cordner but it just hasn't happened.
Would things be different if he didn't have his injury though? I think so.

burgibigbash

Juniors
I'm hoping we make the 8. I'm struggling to see it though......

Especially if we use Farah when we shouldn't....

We keep waiting for Turner to step up and he just has not yet....

He goes through games missing too much....

Talakai is a big unknown.... sure not be used at centre.......

Turner gets moved around a fair bit and fills in on both edges , at prop at lock at centre during games at times. It would be nice if he could just play one position and concentrate on making it his own. I like his speed through the middle when he plays prop. I like his reading in defence on the edge.
I'm gonna say that he will have his best season of NRL next season. I sense that the stint out of the 17 was probably a reality check that he is no longer an automatic selection in the 17.
I've got a feeling now that we have Re signed Sutto that Turner might be used up front.

Talakai will go well. I remember late 2016 he played backrow of the bench and was great. If I'm the coach I would have He and Fuimaono rotating on that left edge with Walker feeding them , GI on their outside Graham outside him with AJ floating around from the back.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sorry Southy but Turner doesn't have it in him to be Cordner like.....

I enjoyed the interview on 360 with Seibold though....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Sorry Southy but Turner doesn't have it in him to be Cordner like.....

I enjoyed the interview on 360 with Seibold though....

Turner actually DOES have the potential he's just got mentality issues. When you get injured as badly as he did you hold yourself back when running the ball. You don't have that "I don't give a shit" mentality that most forwards have when they run. Your mind holds you back. He is ridiculously fit and has the size he's holding himself back.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Turner actually DOES have the potential he's just got mentality issues. When you get injured as badly as he did you hold yourself back when running the ball. You don't have that "I don't give a shit" mentality that most forwards have when they run. Your mind holds you back. He is ridiculously fit and has the size he's holding himself back.
I still don't think he'd have ever reached the heights that Cordner has though.....

greg jay

Juniors
Watched our future coach on 360 interview and was very impressed with his articulate responses to all questions. Indicated his 4 goals to determine success in his first year and I thought was very considerate and realistic. I a.m. heartened with his attitude and expect to see improvement in the team performance next year.

Has what appears to be a very good mind for performance and can not wait to see how the playing style will change under him.
Im more concerned about what Siebold did NOT address. The key is to get Reynolds The Burgess Brothers and Inglis - if he plays again- firing and winning games for the team. They command the bulk of The Cap and they are preventing the infusion on new imported talent. Richardson on many occasions has declared the Cap to be "full". This communication talk from Siebold is BS nonsense. A new coach was required however I doubt Siebold was what was needed. Being a teacher is NOT what the above mentioned players need. They need to be pressured/kicked in the rear to win games and to quit preserving themselves so that they see out their contract money. If those 5 KEY players - including Sam - are ordinary or not good enough to turn games The Crisps are doomed and will fall to the bottom because their ability to import new talent is severely restricted and what they have signed now is little outside Rookies and Unexposed younger players with little experience.

greg jay

Juniors
Watched our future coach on 360 interview and was very impressed with his articulate responses to all questions. Indicated his 4 goals to determine success in his first year and I thought was very considerate and realistic. I a.m. heartened with his attitude and expect to see improvement in the team performance next year.

Has what appears to be a very good mind for performance and can not wait to see how the playing style will change under him.
Team performance will only improve IF the 5 KEY players on the Roster lead the way and play like they WANT to win games again. That is Reynolds The Burgess Brother and Inglis. They soak up the majority of the club's Salary Cap. Given this reality the central question is: Can a Coach like SieBold of very limited experience and no Palmares as a Head Coach get the best out of these 5 key players??? Will SieBold be able to command their respect and make them fearful that if they continue to sleepwalk and win 8-9 games a season they will be benched or given their pink slips??? This is THE key to revival and what the new coach has to achieve otherwise its more mediocrity and more sleepwalking. Im not sure Siebold has the aura and recognition required to achieve a lift in these 5 and hence a lift in overall team performance.

doyen

Bench
Talking about new coaches & how they will go with their new clubs--how about Ivan CLEARY;he is recovering in hospital at the moment after donating one of his kidneys to his very sick brother!! If the TIGERS display as much courage as Ivan they're in for a great 2018!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Talking about new coaches & how they will go with their new cubs--how about Ivan CLEARY;he is recovering in hospital at the moment after donating one of his kidneys to his very sick brother!! If the TIGERS display as much courage as Ivan they're in for a great 2018!
Oh I didn't know that Doyen.

What courage from Ivan....

DC_fan

Coach
Anthony Seibold Unveils New Training Process
Words: Dominic Rizzuto

Tue 31st October, 09:45AM

A new season brings with it new goals and aspirations and Head Coach Anthony Seibold is determined to make those aspirations a reality as the Rabbitohs return to training tomorrow.

‘Seibs’ has a strong background in academia (he holds a Masters in Education) and with that comes a strong approach to the processes behind high performance. In 2018 a new training philosophy is being put in place by Seibold – ‘tactical periodisation’.

“We’re going to do some things differently to what we’ve done in the past. We’re trying to merge the technical, physical and mental sides of the game in our training sessions and we do that through a process called tactical periodisation,” said Seibold.

Tactical periodisation is a concept that will be unfamiliar to most, but a concept that has existed for quite some time in the world of professional sport.

More commonly seen in Football with coaches such as current Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho, more recently other codes have begun to adopt this approach, including England Rugby Union team, which has seen the English national side produce impressive results over the last two years.

The idea of tactical periodisation is the process of organising both the system of attack and defence and being able to transition between both during a game.

To do this, the team focus on skills, fitness and tactical and mental awareness in each training session, which is carried out at an intensity greater than during matches, so that the players learn to be sharper and be able to react quicker at the crucial points in a game.

“Every day we train a specific parameter of the game. We don’t do any extra fitness. It’s all done within those training sessions,” said England Rugby Union coach Eddie Jones of his tactical periodisation approach.

During each training session players are tested on different aspects of the game, focusing on specifics demands of both the competition and the coach’s game model. The emphasis of this peculiar method is to make sure the team puts in the attention and effort an eighty minute game of footy requires.

“We know that the hard work begins on Wednesday but we’re really excited about the start of it and the start of a pretty exciting new journey for everyone involved,” said Seibold.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/20...e=Email marketing software&utm_term=Read More

I like it when people think outside the square. So, for the moment I think Seibold is doing ok.

Rsag85

Bench
Is Seibold the man for the job? I don’t think so at this early stage hopefully he changes my mind next year

callmack1

Staff member
Just think the club should of looked outside the club... he was apart of the coaching stuff this year that didn’t do to well. Youth team and youth coach
Do you really think Seibold would have been able to override Madge in 2017? I don't think so. I don't think anyone overrides Madge.

Imo, Seibold is certainly not the reason for poor coaching in 2017.

Rsag85

Bench
Do you really think Seibold would have been able to override Madge in 2017? I don't think so. I don't think anyone overrides Madge.

Imo, Seibold is certainly not the reason for poor coaching in 2017.

He was part of the coaching staff so yes he had a part in the poor coaching of this year

callmack1

Staff member
He was part of the coaching staff so yes he had a part in the poor coaching of this year
That's your opinion. But I think it's more a matter of Madge was the issue.

You could well be right but we'll see in 2018.

I've been very impressed with Seibold so far.

Latest posts