What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think the roosters are doing everything they can to stop Cronk from coming to us. It'll unfold over the next week or two hopefully. I don't really wanna be stuck with Pearce though lol...
Whilst you might not believe in prayer let's get praying and crossing our fingers and toes.........

We don't need Pearce if we miss out, we have Cody and AR......

Rabbits20

Immortal
I love that comment STID...... of course they don't want him playing with us........

I was gonna post a link but it's a subscribe one.....

Just Google South Sydney Rabbitohs and you can see the article.......

Rabbits20

Immortal
AJs first stint at FB was a disaster everyone wanted him gone and were after his blood 2 decent games with no pressure and he is now the saviour?
No he is a good winger and perhaps a backup FB thats it we need to wake up!! And stop fantacising, we have not bought enough quality nor forwards...next year i dont see us better...i see us worse as the teams under us have recruited much better we sit on our hands and dream.
Like we have gor the last 2 seasons.
Wake up!!!
We havent replaced our loses we use backrowers as props and it hasnt worked our depth is shit
Sorry boys reality
Well GI' knee is a massive worry.... it isn't as demanding at centre.....

I can live with AJ being poor in defence at the back to have GI on the paddock...

Well Cronk may be coming our way mate......

I do get your points though and I always value your input....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I love that comment STID...... of course they don't want him playing with us........

I was gonna post a link but it's a subscribe one.....

Just Google South Sydney Rabbitohs and you can see the article.......

I just read the article. They basically stated that we've released hymel hunt? I didn't even know it was official. I think Seibold, Gagai and GI are key to getting Cronk to Souths. Maroons connections rather than all of the NSW reps that are at the roosters. I just can't see Cronk playing along Mitchell Pearce, Cordner, Ferguson. I can see him playing alongside GI, Gagai and AR however. Hopefully my sight lands us Cronk :)

Rabbits20

Immortal
I just read the article. They basically stated that we've released hymel hunt? I didn't even know it was official. I think Seibold, Gagai and GI are key to getting Cronk to Souths. Maroons connections rather than all of the NSW reps that are at the roosters. I just can't see Cronk playing along Mitchell Pearce, Cordner, Ferguson. I can see him playing alongside GI, Gagai and AR however. Hopefully my sight lands us Cronk :)
Oh as I'm tired I must've missed the Hunt thing in there....

I know you liked Hunt but I think there was more to it behind the scenes like as to his work ethic....... he didn't get into his work well enough either when we come out of trouble and even his defence his strong point played up at times this last season plus his discipline and he's injury prone......

Our back depth does look a bit shaky.....

A diehard Souths mate told me today he has heard we are looking at Reece Robinson but I'm not sure if that's true or not....

callmack1

Staff member
I'd love Cronk and I am seriously praying. He'd turn us into top four contenders. His signing would be HUGE if it happened.

Robinson wouldn't be bad either.

Hunt isn't that big of a loss imo as he hasn't done much the last two years.

ouryear

Juniors
I'd love Cronk and I am seriously praying. He'd turn us into top four contenders. His signing would be HUGE if it happened.

Robinson wouldn't be bad either.

Hunt isn't that big of a loss imo as he hasn't done much the last two years.
I would love you guys to get Cronk over the rorters, but I really doubt it very much.

If you get him, great!
GI and Cronk combo...wow!

If he signs with the heartless spiritless rorters, please bash him every time he gets the ball in 2018.

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I would love you guys to get Cronk over the rorters, but I really doubt it very much. If you get him, great!

If he signs with the heartless spiritless rorters, please bash him every time he gets the ball in 2018.

Seeing him go to the roosters would be the worst thing ever. I'd actually feel sorry for mitchell Pearce after having the craziest comeback season.

burgibigbash

Juniors
So you're looking straight past hunt? I wasn't that keen on Jennings in the opening rounds from what he showed, but I do like his ability to create opportunities. If we don't sign another centre I would probably be giving him a decent shot next year as well. What he showed in the last few games was much more promising. He has definitely struggled with injuries over the past few seasons though and that is not something we want in our outside back department.

I think Gagai would be good on the wing but only if he gets involved as much as he does in origin. I would love to see AJ and Gagai on kick returns as I think their speed is deadly especially when it comes to the closing part of the halves. From what I saw at the knights Gagai does have defensive issues at centre. His ability to tackle can be a problem but a lot of good centres have that same problem. A running game isn't something you can really instil in a footy player. You either have it or you don't and Gagai has it. So it's fullback or wing for Gagai for me. I think that's where top coaches know he plays best. Walters, Meninga etc.

I think Gagai, GI, AJ are all shoe ins for the outside backs which leaves 2 spots for everybody else to fight it out for.

I think Jennings and Graham are the other two at this stage. Jennings is a quality player. He just needs a bit more fitness and luck with injury. He looks an out and out centre to me. Not quite as quick as his brother but no slouch and a better all round skillset. He defends fairly well and comes in for some nice aggressive shots.

burgibigbash

Juniors
How do you guys rate Walker?
I reckon he looks dangerous every time he touches the ball. Defensively he can struggle at times, but with Fuimaono and GI on that edge he would get more help in defence. I think Sutton tends to take over and slows down the attack on that side at times.

No offence against Goodwin , but he was very one dimensional in attack and very rarely looked outside to pass and continue the movement. He also lacked the necessary speed to beat most centres and had to rely on strength.
This is another reason why we need GI at centre IMO. He will make others around him better something he can't really do at fullback.

ouryear

Juniors
I reckon he looks dangerous every time he touches the ball. Defensively he can struggle at times, but with Fuimaono and GI on that edge he would get more help in defence. I think Sutton tends to take over and slows down the attack on that side at times.

No offence against Goodwin , but he was very one dimensional in attack and very rarely looked outside to pass and continue the movement. He also lacked the necessary speed to beat most centres and had to rely on strength.
This is another reason why we need GI at centre IMO. He will make others around him better something he can't really do at fullback.

I think good times for you guys if key players stay healthy, Gagai will add a fair bit, GI back, New coach bringing new ideas......great to see!

The game needs a strong rabbitohs.
Exciting times.

Last edited:

ouryear

Juniors
Walker is a deadset gun at 6. Only better 6's in the competition form wise are probably Widdop, Keary, Morgan and Munster. I put him well above the rest considering the lacklustre performances our team can put in. I think if a team like the Eels had Walker they would be real premiership threats.
So if Cronk came, keep Walker at 6 and move Reyno on?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
So if Cronk came, keep Walker at 6 and move Reyno on?

I rate walker much higher than Reynolds but I think walker will be the player moved on. Reynolds is a Souths junior and already has a big contract for a couple more years. I think the club is probably a little dirty at walker and his manager for taking the pay rise fiasco to the media.