What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pure plod

POPEYE

Coach
I know it's difficult for you to remember these days ole mate but we won and they were over the cap
You could be right, the Seagles also didn't care in '08 that Melbourne were over the cap . . . they didn't need referee Simpkins either, who 'retired' soon after the '06 debacle

THE CHAMP

First Grade
You could be right, the Seagles also didn't care in '08 that Melbourne were over the cap . . . they didn't need referee Simpkins either, who 'retired' soon after the '06 debacle

The Broncos copped some shit calls in 06 as well but because the commentators didn't mention them you didn't see them

Bloke

Juniors
I'll have to go back and watch it again now . . . thanks for the tip

I think Melbourne didn't get the same memo as Simpkins and Brisbane that the 2006 GF was going to be a Shane Webcke benefit. Even Brisbane's own Courier Mail referred to the calls as *contentious* and *controversial*...

To their credit, Brisbane played the whistle. Melbourne were too busy getting their knickers in a knot over the calls. Do I think Brisbane was gifted the Premiership? Absolutely. Do I think Melbourne deserved it instead? With the benefit of hindsight, unequivocally No.

Interested in Brisbane supporters explaining to me how a team that comprised Hodges, Tate, Hunt, Lockyer, Webcke, Civoniceva, Thorn, Carroll and Parker would be worth *less* in a Salary Cap sense than that 2006 Melbourne team. Oh yeah, Thoroughbreds..

Not having a dig, but seriously...

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...r/news-story/c17b11627a972f60d2608e38c12b758d

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
I think Melbourne didn't get the same memo as Simpkins and Brisbane that the 2006 GF was going to be a Shane Webcke benefit. Even Brisbane's own Courier Mail referred to the calls as *contentious* and *controversial*...

To their credit, Brisbane played the whistle. Melbourne were too busy getting their knickers in a knot over the calls. Do I think Brisbane was gifted the Premiership? Absolutely. Do I think Melbourne deserved it instead? With the benefit of hindsight, unequivocally No.

Interested in Brisbane supporters explaining to me how a team that comprised Hodges, Tate, Hunt, Lockyer, Webcke, Civoniceva, Thorn, Carroll and Parker would be worth *less* in a Salary Cap sense than that 2006 Melbourne team. Oh yeah, Thoroughbreds..

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...r/news-story/c17b11627a972f60d2608e38c12b758d
Don't take it too seriously ol' mate, Melbourne finished on 44 this year and in '06, Brisbane finished on 36 this year and 32 in '06, we all know which team was best both years. . . . The Shield tells all

Cecchin could've turned this year's gf around in the same way Simpkins did if he had a mind to . . . and he may have thought about it

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Broncos bitching surfaces in every thread eventually. As a supporter it's thoroughly entertaining

The refs in 13 were much worse than Simpkins

You blokes got off easy

Even the 07 ref was a ponce including the vidiot who couldn't see a cocked elbow

Latest posts