What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Life's Good

Coach
Not usually one to be sceptical of other teams salary cap, however, if roosters sign Cronk I certainly will be.

He has to have a market value of 700k minimum, he’s worth more but that’d be about the NRL fair market value.

You’re telling me that the roosters would be that far under the cap for 2018?!

They’ll need to find a home for someone significant from their roster I would think.
Speculation is Pearce is coming under pressure.

POPEYE

Coach
If Hayne goes to play for the New York RL team the Yanks will think what they see from him is the best Australia has to offer . . . poor sods

POPEYE

Coach
Easy to see why Sterlo has doubts about coaching, he reckons Cronk going to either Souths or Roosters could ruin the careers of Reynolds or Pierce . . . that's something to think about

Spot On

Coach
Sterlo teckons Nathan Peats is great hooker too....

Pearce and Reynolds aren't setting the world on fire..... will do them wonders to get a boot in the ring.

Last edited:
Reactions: 851

davi

Juniors
If Hayne goes to play for the New York RL team the Yanks will think what they see from him is the best Australia has to offer . . . poor sods

A lot advantages for Jarryd Hayne, great pay packet, chance to live in USA, easier competition, and less media scrutiny. Hayne gets a lot of it and lets be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he got fed up with it as he is human.

It's too early to say, but Hayne going over there is the easy way out. I hope he stays in NRL and goes back to being the player many know he can be.

It's like James Graham could easily gone back to England and tore up Superleague, but he wants to remain in the best completion to challenge himself.

POPEYE

Coach
A lot advantages for Jarryd Hayne, great pay packet, chance to live in USA, easier competition, and less media scrutiny. Hayne gets a lot of it and lets be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he got fed up with it as he is human.

It's too early to say, but Hayne going over there is the easy way out. I hope he stays in NRL and goes back to being the player many know he can be.

It's like James Graham could easily gone back to England and tore up Superleague, but he wants to remain in the best completion to challenge himself.
I hope he goes to New York, Hayne is way past the player he was for half of '09, not even Fiji needs him

Graham went to the wrong Australian club at the wrong time in the whole of its existence, he would have been a perfect fit in the 80's. If he went to the Roosters, Broncos or Manly straight from England he'd be in better shape than he is now . . . and so would they

davi

Juniors
I hope he goes to New York, Hayne is way past the player he was for half of '09, not even Fiji needs him

Graham went to the wrong Australian club at the wrong time in the whole of its existence, he would have been a perfect fit in the 80's. If he went to the Roosters, Broncos or Manly straight from England he'd be in better shape than he is now . . . and so would they

You are most likely right about Hayne. I wouldn't be surprised it doesn't pan out with the Titans, and he heads overseas or plays for a contender on less a pay packet at the end of next season. Hayne taking a pay cut to do the latter I can't see happening but if he wants to remain in the NRL he might not have a choice.

Hayne trying to make it work with the Titans is a possibility. But its been reported that he wants to go back to Sydney, and the only thing next year that will be driving him is he comes off contract, and can't afford another bad season. A new coach would be tempted to let Hayne's contract expire and get him off the books to free up some cap space, unless Hayne produces something similar to '09'; at this stage of his career that maybe not something he has left in the repertoire.

You are most likely right about Hayne. I wouldn't be surprised it doesn't pan out with the Titans, and he heads overseas or plays for a contender on less a pay packet at the end of next season. Hayne taking a pay cut to do the latter I can't see happening but if he wants to remain in the NRL he might not have a choice.

Hayne trying to make it work with the Titans is a possibility. But its been reported that he wants to go back to Sydney, and the only thing next year that will be driving him is he comes off contract, and can't afford another bad season. A new coach would be tempted to let Hayne's contract expire and get him off the books to free up some cap space, unless Hayne produces something similar to '09'; at this stage of his career that maybe not something he has left in the repertoire.

Only reason he took up his option at the Titans was that no Sydney club was willing to sign him. Unless he shows in 2018 something closer to his 2009 form than his 2017 form, he won't find any Sydney clubs willing to sign him for 2019 either. I agree with you it does not look probable he has it in him to lift his form.

POPEYE

Coach

Hayne is past his used-by date . . . longevity has to be earned

Incorrect

Coach

I reckon parra not coming to the party and matching gold coast's offer last year cut him badly and still does. The thought of him coming back to Parra on a (much) reduced salary just as we're ready to make a title tilt has a certain romanticism... But too much water has passed under the bridge...

Life's Good

Coach
I reckon parra not coming to the party and matching gold coast's offer last year cut him badly and still does. The thought of him coming back to Parra on a (much) reduced salary just as we're ready to make a title tilt has a certain romanticism... But too much water has passed under the bridge...
Do you actually believe he can recapture his best form if he somehow need up at Parra??

Latest posts