What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Premiership Betting. Dragons tipped for 5th last. What's your Top 8.

MrDragon007

Juniors
Broncos
Melbourne
Roosters
Dragons
Sharks
Eels
Cowboys
Panthers

I know ill get shot down for that but i honestly believe we will be top 4 barring a major injury crisis.
It will suck because Mary will be hailed as a super coach by the club, but i really dont care, i can take that on the chin if my team finishes top 4.

Old Timer

Coach
Preliminary prediction until the 2018 draw is revealed.
Same coaching structure - similar position on the ladder fro the Dragons.
Best case scenario scrape into the 8.
Brisbane
Melbourne
Cowboys
Eels
Cronulla
Penrith
Souths
Easts
Canberra
DRAGONS
Manly
Canterbury
Newcastle
Tigers
Titans
Warriors
Pretty much agree but think Manly will finish above us and maybe Cronulla even with us.
A lot will depend on the draw and the final squads and whether Hunt and Graham are given real input or whether Mc Fookknuckle will also ignore them as he has every other person who had any semblance of an idea about football.

Don't like!
T. Barrett won't like this either.
Happy about the roosters though.
Either do I but are we predicting where we would like to finish or where we think we will really finish.
Pretty much agree but think Manly will finish above us and maybe Cronulla even with us.
A lot will depend on the draw and the final squads and whether Hunt and Graham are given real input or whether Mc Fookknuckle will also ignore them as he has every other person who had any semblance of an idea about football.
Will Agar bring anything to the table?

ouryear

Juniors
If you insist.

Eels
Storm
Cowboys
Sea Eagles
Roosters
Broncos
Dragons
Raiders.

Eels because they were the only team to trouble Melbourne in the finals, Storm to go backwards after losing Cronk, Cowboys to improve with Thurston returning. Rest is a lottery but I can see Cronulla going backwards without Bird and Heighington, Penrith going backwards if Moylan doesn't get his head right, and Dragons going forward with Hunt provided Mary has learnt something (anything) this year.
Dragons to win the comp 2018.
BOOM!
Stop crushing ya beetle juice man, Its doing weird things to you!

Crush

Coach
Stop crushing ya beetle juice man, Its doing weird things to you!
Someone has to be upbeat about our prospects. I'm thinking we can do very well next year. Finally a halfback! And Graham will be the aggressive leader we need. And Dufty will be amazing. And lafai will be.....damn it!

Life's Good

Coach
All jokes aside I see us in the battle for the 8. I base this on us having a genuine 7 along with arguably a Top 4 quality pack. We lack in outside backs, which if coached better, wouldnt be as big a limitation as it is. This ties in with what I have stated before that to go into 1-6 requires a coach with the ability to alter tactics, bench use etc. and I just can’t see the improvement there meaning we are in that ever so tight pack of 7-12.

ouryear

Juniors
Someone has to be upbeat about our prospects. I'm thinking we can do very well next year. Finally a halfback! And Graham will be the aggressive leader we need. And Dufty will be amazing. And lafai will be.....damn it!

Just calm the farm mate.

Top 4 to start with.....then a run through to the GF hey?

Or equal 8th, and no points differential.... play off after playoff.....until we win theGF in extra extra time by a long range nighty try, evading 7 players, nighty sprints to the try line......then we wake up...the alarm in the background....our dogs licking our faces saying.....

It's alright dad, you just had a dream

Crush

Coach
Just calm the farm mate.

Top 4 to start with.....then a run through to the GF hey?

Or equal 8th, and no points differential.... play off after playoff.....until we win theGF in extra extra time by a long range nighty try, evading 7 players, nighty sprints to the try line......then we wake up...the alarm in the background....our dogs licking our faces saying.....

It's alright dad, you just had a dream
Imagine it.
I cannot see old Nighty scoring anymore long range tries but I can see us grinding away and winning a lot of games. I see us like cronulla two years ago. Except without the great hooker. Or the quick wingers. BUT I think we can win a hell of a lot of games if we stick to the power game. Its all about the grind in 2018. No need for the flashy stuff.

ouryear

Juniors
Imagine it.
I cannot see old Nighty scoring anymore long range tries but I can see us grinding away and winning a lot of games. I see us like cronulla two years ago. Except without the great hooker. Or the quick wingers. BUT I think we can win a hell of a lot of games if we stick to the power game. Its all about the grind in 2018. No need for the flashy stuff.

I don't know Crush, club games can be grinded to a win....but we ain't gonna grind down the purple cheaters from Melbourne, the rorters, nor JT and his band of hillbillys.

We need speed and flair as well !!

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
I don't know Crush, club games can be grinded to a win....but we ain't gonna grind down the purple cheaters from Melbourne, the rorters, not JT and his band of hillbillys.

We need speed and flair as well !!
Matt Dufty is our speed and flair!

Crush

Coach
Shit mate, we need a posse....not just one.!
Yeah, Sharks only really had Barba as their speed and flair and maybe Holmes. Otherwise their centers were OK, Bird is a tough center but not quick. They had Beale playing in their team FFS! And Townsend? Nothing flashy about them. They won the comp on the back of Barba (Dufty) a solid forward pack (ours is better) a great hooker (ours is mediocre) and a simple grinding style of footy (Mary's special).

2018 year of the dragons!

Old Timer

Coach
Yeah, Sharks only really had Barba as their speed and flair and maybe Holmes. Otherwise their centers were OK, Bird is a tough center but not quick. They had Beale playing in their team FFS! And Townsend? Nothing flashy about them. They won the comp on the back of Barba (Dufty) a solid forward pack (ours is better) a great hooker (ours is mediocre) and a simple grinding style of footy (Mary's special).

You have obviously learned nothing from the disgraceful capitulation of our team in the second half of the 2017 season.
The only thing Mc Fookknuckle is capable of doing is making good players mediocre and he has a masters degree in doing it.
Frizzell and Vaughan almost escaped his special talent but in the end both were busted due to the poor strategy he employed in using them so almost the same result.

ouryear

Juniors

Flanno had them disciplined, playing to a game plan, strong consistent defence, and a good kicking game. Barba is years ahead of Dufty.

Mary is not capable of implementing any of these things to create a winning grinding style.

BennyV

Referee

Dufty is several levels below Barba at this stage.

They also had a never-say-due attitude. By comparison, we have a 'near enough is good enough' attitude.

Latest posts