What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

BLN2

Juniors
No thanks to any of those guys. ATG was mentioned on the other forum, but was a guess. Taylor has slipped well off the radar, hasn't he? Bhana can barely make the Knights side in a injury crisis. Also did his knee well and truly this year, would be a pity signing. He's just too small, James Bell is a better version.

What about Lesson Ah Mau? With James Graham coming in, somethings gotta give. Wishful thinking, probably an ideal signing really. Or SST..

JJ

Immortal
Halves usually need time playing (like a season+) at NRL level to get good. Very rare to see a half come straight in from reserve grade and dominate
Exactly - but with every opportunity this year, that's all the club would come up with - occasional games and then publicly stating players weren't up to first grade

I can't see the future, but if I was advising Hingano and Lino I'd be advising them to take up an opportunity elsewhere so they can develop

playdaball

Bench
Lock away your dogs
I'm torn on this as I still believe we need a decent 6 ( where are our 6s?) but at the same time I do agree with your comments re ATA. Let's see what happens in the WC and if there is movement (Cronk) - perhaps someone will be looking for a club??? Can we afford to be paient ? stakeholders are demanding Warriors success.

Lock away your dogs, the Warriors biggest and most unlikely signing could be revealed after the RLWC.

JJ

Immortal
I'm no Pearce fan, but he's what 28, a one club player who's won a premiership etc etc ... if the Rorters dumped him during a contract for a season or two of Cronk then all this rhetoric around loyalty etc (I know it's bullshit but some love it) just has to stop

It'd be a little like us ditching Mannering because Sonny Bill decided he wanted to play a year or two of league in Auckland

Even less of a Veitch fan - astounded that little turd still has air time - galling

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
I'd be pretty surprised if it were true, but I'd be really happy to get Pearce.
Shit at Origin level, but he's a great club player and at 28, still has several good years in him left.
He'd give SJ a chance to take a back seat and play his best game. Would probably still have a good combination with RTS too
We'd still be atleast one prop short, but next year will be looking pretty exciting.

Juju

Juniors
I could see this happening if Cronk goes to the Roosters.

Factors for -
* he probably does have a relationship with RTS
* he may want to play with SJ
* he is good Friends with Foran who may put in the good word

Factors against -
* Auckland is not in Sydney.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Even less of a Veitch fan - astounded that little turd still has air time - galling

It's sickening that the little weasel is considered the number 1 guy in the sports media. I got banned from his Facebook page years ago for pulling up his lack of sports knowledge on a comment he made, didn't even delve into what a scumbag he is but still got the axe

jaseg

Juniors
Not a position that we DESPERATELY need to recruit in, but Jeremy Hawkins has been released by the Storm..

I'd say centre is a position in which about 10-12 clubs (including us) need to recruit quality, and Hawkins is probably the best of the non-NRL centres going around. He's a Kiwi, too. We'd be moronic to not make a good play at him - in other words, it probably won't happen.

RE Pearce, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to consider leaving Sydney. He's a good enough club player, consistently puts up good output - a combination with Johnson could be pretty explosive... but he's not a particularly strong kicker, which is something I'd want out of a halves partner to Johnson I'm paying big money for, so that's a knock against it.

That and... until we sort out other issues, it's not likely to make much difference in terms of making the 8. Get the foundations in place, without them we'll always struggle.

playdaball

Bench
There is another Kiwi back from the Storm that I'd like the Warriors to have a crack at, Shem Tatupu. He's the son of ex Warrior, Tony and was a good league player when younger and a special 1st XV player at St Peters College. He signed with Hawthorn AFL before signing with the Storm. I'm not sure why he never succeeded at the Storm but go on Warriors give him a go ... NSW Cup starting point.

Last edited:

Latest posts