What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

handyman2190

Bench
Apparently yes. Richo has said we're happy with our halves and the cap is full.

A bit disappointing but oh well. We'll forget all about Cronk IF Reynolds fires in 2018.
The cap is full is the bigest BS i have ever heard there was a mill set aside for the gronk were has that gone? Id say we are waiting to snaffle some1 getting shafted eg mitchell, to fit in the gronk....this is all smoke and mirrors and misdirection stuff by richo

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The cap is full is the bigest BS i have ever heard there was a mill set aside for the gronk were has that gone? Id say we are waiting to snaffle some1 getting shafted eg mitchell, to fit in the gronk....this is all smoke and mirrors and misdirection stuff by richo

I don't believe our cap is full either. Cronk probably told Souths he wasnt interested and Richo straight away came out and said that so the current halves didn't feel shit.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
More likely that he looked like a Superstar on the end of the star studded Storm back line only to be exposed as a plodder when he joined a regular team.

I've seen a bit of him in NSW cup this year and he didn't exactly set the world on fire at that level.

Fair enough. I think we have to at least see what he can do at Souths.

burgibigbash

Juniors
I think we have been smart with our recruitment so far. Kennar and Gagan have played first grade and are all still young. We needed some depth in the outside backs and we are getting that. Gagai was also a top buy.
Jennings and Graham handled themselves really well in the NRL and didn't look out of place at all. Young Arthers is another signing who doesn't look too bad. I don't know what's happening with Hunt, but I'm gathering he's still here and the Brett Morris deal isn't happening. AJ and GI , throw in Burns and all of a sudden we aren't really that bad off for depth in the outside backs.
Fresh start for the new recruits a big offseason and hopefully some real competition for spots and when there are injuries we don't have to totally rearrange the backline. I'm starting to get a bit excited.

I think we have been smart with our recruitment so far. Kennar and Gagan have played first grade and are all still young. We needed some depth in the outside backs and we are getting that. Gagai was also a top buy.
Jennings and Graham handled themselves really well in the NRL and didn't look out of place at all. Young Arthers is another signing who doesn't look too bad. I don't know what's happening with Hunt, but I'm gathering he's still here and the Brett Morris deal isn't happening. AJ and GI , throw in Burns and all of a sudden we aren't really that bad off for depth in the outside backs.
Fresh start for the new recruits a big offseason and hopefully some real competition for spots and when there are injuries we don't have to totally rearrange the backline. I'm starting to get a bit excited.

Our recruitment apart from Gagai has been pure garbage.

Basically one rep quality player and a whole bunch of nuffies.

We are in exactly the same situation as we were at the beginning of this year. One major injury away from oblivion.

Richo needs to stop shopping at the reject shop.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I don't like that though because it leaves fuimaono out of the 17 or at centre. Sutton just resigned so he'll definitely be there and farah will be on the bench so we could only carry 1 second rower 2 props. Fui's too good for reserve grade.
I'd have Fui on the bench.

My bench would be

14. Sutton (backrow/halves coverage)
15. Fuimaono (backrow/centre coverage)
16. Twin (middle forward impact)
17. Reserve Forward I.e. Turner/Clark/Nicholls/Britt/Other

I think that's a pretty decent bench.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
BURGI...............!
image.jpeg

dudley G

Juniors
Our recruitment apart from Gagai has been pure garbage.

We are in exactly the same situation as we were at the beginning of this year. One major injury away from oblivion.

Richo needs to stop shopping at the reject shop.
Need someone exclusive to the role...
Probably counts out Mark Hughes... Someone of his credentials..

rabbitohs95

Bench
I don't see the problem with not getting Cronk? We have a slew of up and coming quality halves like Tracey, Doueihi and Hawkins and everyone would rather we bring in Cronk to get a quick period of success rather than build up our rookies.

If we got him then we'd probably lose one of the youngsters and in 5 years time we'd be complaining about how we lost them.

So many bloody hypocrites.

I don't see the problem with not getting Cronk? We have a slew of up and coming quality halves like Tracey, Doueihi and Hawkins and everyone would rather we bring in Cronk to get a quick period of success rather than build up our rookies.

If we got him then we'd probably lose one of the youngsters and in 5 years time we'd be complaining about how we lost them.

Nobody is actually complaining that we aren't getting Cronk. The complaining is based around our recruitment in general.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
It

It's not about Cronk,it's the lack of quality that people are excepting as good signings for our depth and the spin that continues to dribble out of Richos mouth.
He is in charge of recruitment and he is doing a shithouse job,what was the statement he just recently made,we are aiming for a premiership 2021/22,so apparently he has written 2018,19,20 off as years of rebuilding,if people want to except that and except with the exception of Gagai our signings this year have us well on our way,"well more power to you"!

burgibigbash

Juniors

Richo needs to stop shopping at the reject shop.[/QUOTE]

A bit of patience is needed. I believe our patience will be rewarded. I like the youth policy we are adopting and believe we have some of the best youngsters running around in the comp.
Crichton, Fui, Murray, Musgrove, Jennings, Graham, Talakai , Walker, Burns have all debuted in the last 2 years. That's a great nucleus of youth.

We have the senior players that have won a premiership before. They need to fire.
There are some positive signs.
AJ played career best footy at the back end of the year.
Turner got dropped and came back fairly well and is still young for a forward.
Clark still gives his all and is a great depth or bench player to have in the squad.
Sutton and Farah are ageing and past their best but might be better with reduced minutes
Then we have Reynolds who has been disappointing. He was playing great simple footy and slayed them in the finals and GF in 2014. Hopefully he gets back to that form.
Burgi need to lift no doubt. George for the most part. I sense a Revival of the Burgi.
Sam is a champion and will be better with the three quality young blokes around him.

GI is the big one. If he stays on the park we are in very good shape. I get the feeling the rest would have done his body the world of good and we are in for a special year from GI.
Gagai is a great signing.
Cook was seen as a good signing as well and has had some good moments.

No doubt in my mind that if we trot out our top 17 we have the arsenal to easily make the finals and challenge for a top 4 spot.
The players we have signed in Nichols, Kennar, Possibly Gagan, Arthers and Britt are what they are . depth signings capable of playing NRL. With Arthers we don't really know but the others have all had a taste and no doubt want more. We aren't buying injury prone old blokes like Nielson, Millard, Rochow and Reddy.
I'm an optimist no doubt mate. But I see the makings of a very good footy side provided they are all on the same page. A fresh change in coach and ideas will also be a positive.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
When people talk about quality recruitment they have to be able to list targets. You can't just sit there and say "our recruitment is shit". When the reality is that you can't just go up to people under contract and be like "come to Souths for 400k a year." Somebody needs to start a thread about people off contract they would target and I guarantee that they wouldn't come up with a good list. There are no good players off contract, they're all depth players. DiegoNT was very good at this. I saw some people on here complaining about the knights signing heighington and griffin? Seriously?.. all the good players that are contracted are waiting on cronks decision and probably don't even know they're about to be moved on.

I personally think Souths are doing well with the players they've signed so far. They're not all going to light the world up but they're better players that Nielsen and Tyrell. In addition to this nobody saw the emergence of Crichton, Murray, fuimaono and Graham coming. What's to say these other props we have won't be even better?

Richo is doing a much better job than we were doing in 2014, 2015.