What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring 2017

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Does Admire Deus just win the Caulfield Cup???

His form looks superior to Admire Ratshit who won a Caulfield Cup.

If he brings his Jap form he will be very hard to beat.

In saying that it's a pretty strong edition of the race though imo, good bunch of race fit local stayers and if Johannes Vermeer backs up its hard to ignore its run on the weekend.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If he brings his Jap form he will be very hard to beat.

In saying that it's a pretty strong edition of the race though imo, good bunch of race fit local stayers and if Johannes Vermeer backs up its hard to ignore its run on the weekend.
From all reports he is just flying at track work.

It does look a very good Caulfield Cup this year but IMO the Jap horses are just superior to the rest of the world.

Lemon Squash

First Grade

It does look a very good Caulfield Cup this year but IMO the Jap horses are just superior to the rest of the world.

Yeh they seem pretty bullish on it, typical Weir trying to keep it under wraps but I think they know its a serious horse.. Have to agree especially in our conditions they love our racing pattern and the hard tracks.

Admire Rakti was a Grp 2 horse at best over there and he came and smashed us... in saying that looking back that years field was pretty weak.

Could still come down to luck in running, I loaded up on Fame Game a couple of years ago knowing he was a genuine Japanese Grp 1 horse off the back of Rakti the year before and he could only manage 6th, but with a decent run it would have won with a leg in the air.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Bonneval a clear top pick for me

Admire Deus in the next lot, with a few. It's a very deep race actually.

to_ddeath

Coach
Had tosen stardom and petrology. Fk you sovereign nation

Ran on well in its previous start...but yeah nah wouldn't have had it either.
Sweymentari

Still has to run 18th in a Doncaster...

Didn't Duddicy say that Ratki had to just show up & it would win the cup?
The prick is an instant curse....

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Caulfield Cup

Bonneval = What's so special about this merkin to be so short in the betting? it finished a whisker in front of Abbey Marie on the Weekend and in the Dato Hamburger Stakes,also Australian Oaks winners don't win Caulfield Cups bruh

Humidor = Has never won at Caulfield in 5 attempts and was flogged in the BMW over 2400m by Jameka,LOL at this donkeys price

Admire Dues = Overrated horse but can never rule out these Japanese horses,gotta be a chance i suppose

Johannes Vermeer = Aidan O Brien has only ever won the one group 1 race in Australia and this horse has never won at 2400m,LOL this donkeys price

Amelie's Star = LOL since when do Bart Cummings Hcp winners win the Caulfield Cup

Harlem = LOL wasn't even good enough to win the Metrop this horse

Ventura Storm = Thought was more suited to Flemington but racing well,sneaky chance i guess

Inference = LOL at the So You Think breed

Jon Snow = Australian Derby winners generally don't go on and win the Caulfield Cup,i think Mongo Khan is the only recent one that comes to mind in the past 800 years

Single Gaze and Abbey Marie = Not sure they will even run the 2400m but they are racing quite well imo and something tells me there sneaky place chances so shut up

Too lazy to mention any other donkeys

Summary

This is the first time i have done the form on a race and found out that no horse can win it LMAO

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Caulfield Cup

Bonneval = What's so special about this merkin to be so short in the betting? it finished a whisker in front of Abbey Marie on the Weekend and in the Dato Hamburger Stakes,also Australian Oaks winners don't win Caulfield Cups bruh

Humidor = Has never won at Caulfield in 5 attempts and was flogged in the BMW over 2400m by Jameka,LOL at this donkeys price

Admire Dues = Overrated horse but can never rule out these Japanese horses,gotta be a chance i suppose

Johannes Vermeer = Aidan O Brien has only ever won the one group 1 race in Australia and this horse has never won at 2400m,LOL this donkeys price

Amelie's Star = LOL since when do Bart Cummings Hcp winners win the Caulfield Cup

Harlem = LOL wasn't even good enough to win the Metrop this horse

Ventura Storm = Thought was more suited to Flemington but racing well,sneaky chance i guess

Inference = LOL at the So You Think breed

Jon Snow = Australian Derby winners generally don't go on and win the Caulfield Cup,i think Mongo Khan is the only recent one that comes to mind in the past 800 years

Single Gaze and Abbey Marie = Not sure they will even run the 2400m but they are racing quite well imo and something tells me there sneaky place chances so shut up

Too lazy to mention any other donkeys

Summary

This is the first time i have done the form on a race and found out that no horse can win it LMAO
LOL you crazy merkin.

2 weeks

Coach

It's out.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/63340ad55d985b335c1b95cde573af3f

Admire Deus breaks down, foreign raider out of spring carnival

JAPANESE stayer Admire Deus faces a fight for his life after he suffered a serious suspensory injury at trackwork at Warrnambool this morning.

Admire Deus, who last night was backed in to $6 favourite for the Caulfield Cup, broke down in the closing stages of a gallop this morning.

Darren Weir’s stable foreman Jarrod McLean said initially they thought he had broken a leg but on closer inspection he hadn’t.

“It’s touch and go. The ultimate aim is for him to pull through,” McLean said on RSN.

“I’d be very surprised if he raced again. The ultimate aim is rehabilitation.”

McLean said they were able to put the seven-year-old stallion in a horse ambulance and get him back to the stables.

He said on closer examination they couldn’t find any breaks or fractures.

“He’s done all of his ligaments in the lower part of a suspensory and there were bone fragments there.

“The leg was a mess.”

McLean said they put a splint on the stayer and have since transferred him to the Ballarat Veterinary Practice.

“They were on the course proper which is a beautiful surface and in the straight he came to the outside of his galloping partner Burning Front and he broke down at the 100m mark.”

McLean said he felt sorry for strapper Matt Scown who had spent time with Admire Deus in Japan before he came to Australia.

“He’s been with him for five weeks and he was delighted with the way he was going. He’s devastated,” he said.

Admire Deus left the Werribee Quarantine centre on Saturday and was transferred to Warrnambool.

TAB had a bet of $30,000 placed on Admire Deus on Monday night.

It comes as a massive blow to owners Australian Bloodstock who had invested heavily to first buy the horse and then get him to Australia.

The scratching of Admire Deus has left a field of 17 runners for Saturday’s Caulfield Cup with superstar Irish trainer Aidan Obrien’s runner Johannes Vermeer, owned by Williams, the new $6.50 TAB favourite after his storming second in the Caulfield Stakes last Saturday.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Holy Crap, not good at all...

Even though they are filthy rich merkins who buy these horses you still feel a bit sorry for them when something like this happens. Reading some reports yesterday they thought this horse had lengths on Big Duke and Red Cardinal.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Also has anyone else noticed we do seem to have a high number of injuries (a lot serious) to these foreign horses?

Just off the top of my head recently I can remember Admire Rakti, Red Cadeux (he was 23 I suppose), Verema, Riven Light on the weekend and now Admire Deus as well...

It has to be more than just coincidence?? People will blame our harder tracks but surely just because the ground is hard a horse wont break a leg or do a suspensory? If the ground is hard you would think they just wouldn't give 100% effort and maybe be stiff and sore the next day.

It's a bit of a concern imo because International trainers will start second guessing running horses here.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Also has anyone else noticed we do seem to have a high number of injuries (a lot serious) to these foreign horses?

Just off the top of my head recently I can remember Admire Rakti, Red Cadeux (he was 23 I suppose), Verema, Riven Light on the weekend and now Admire Deus as well...

It has to be more than just coincidence?? People will blame our harder tracks but surely just because the ground is hard a horse wont break a leg or do a suspensory? If the ground is hard you would think they just wouldn't give 100% effort and maybe be stiff and sore the next day.

It's a bit of a concern imo because International trainers will start second guessing running horses here.

Very concerning,i believe Francis of Assisi got a fracture also O.O

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Holy Crap, not good at all...

Even though they are filthy rich merkins who buy these horses you still feel a bit sorry for them when something like this happens. Reading some reports yesterday they thought this horse had lengths on Big Duke and Red Cardinal.
Was going to load up on him while the 8.50 was on offer, thank f**k I didn’t.

Haffa

Harsh but fair.
be1be793e30ac59bddff98a55164bc8e.jpg