What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

callmack1

Staff member
When people talk about quality recruitment they have to be able to list targets. You can't just sit there and say "our recruitment is shit". When the reality is that you can't just go up to people under contract and be like "come to Souths for 400k a year." Somebody needs to start a thread about people off contract they would target and I guarantee that they wouldn't come up with a good list. There are no good players off contract, they're all depth players. DiegoNT was very good at this. I saw some people on here complaining about the knights signing heighington and griffin? Seriously?.. all the good players that are contracted are waiting on cronks decision and probably don't even know they're about to be moved on.

I personally think Souths are doing well with the players they've signed so far. They're not all going to light the world up but they're better players that Nielsen and Tyrell. In addition to this nobody saw the emergence of Crichton, Murray, fuimaono and Graham coming. What's to say these other props we have won't be even better?

Richo is doing a much better job than we were doing in 2014, 2015.
Brilliant post!!

Dogmatix

Juniors
Richie Kennar was going to be a good player. Unfortunately he had a bad foot injury 18 months to 2 years ago and that has ruined his career. Will likely just be a NSW Cup player from here on

Itsamansgame

Juniors
So
Richie Kennar was going to be a good player. Unfortunately he had a bad foot injury 18 months to 2 years ago and that has ruined his career. Will likely just be a NSW Cup player from here on
Sounds like that's a normal signing for our incredibly talented recruitment team!

rabbitohs95

Bench
So

Sounds like that's a normal signing for our incredibly talented recruitment team!
Lol and who else are we supposed to pick up to help with our depth? The guy isn't there to be shoved into first grade, he's going to have to get past GI, Gagai, AJ, Jennings, Hunt and Graham before he's there. Solid backup player.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Lol and who else are we supposed to pick up to help with our depth? The guy isn't there to be shoved into first grade, he's going to have to get past GI, Gagai, AJ, Jennings, Hunt and Graham before he's there. Solid backup player.

Do people not remember when Nielsen was playing first grade for us in 2016 lol?

Last edited:

ouryear

Juniors
Not if holl
Don't know if anyone else saw but Russell Crowe is apparently meeting up with Crichton in America to convince him to resign with Souths. We've almost certainly got him locked down now! :joy:

Boys.....Not if Hollywood does a Luke Keary on him....telling him he ain't worth the money.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Not if holl

Boys.....Not if Hollywood does a Luke Keary on him....telling him he ain't worth the money.

Haha! Nah Crowe is a mad fan as well as an owner and he knows Souths need Crichton. It's the same reason why he went off at Mcinnes and Keary as they had a below par 2015. Can't hate his passion!

ouryear

Juniors
Haha! Nah Crowe is a mad fan as well as an owner and he knows Souths need Crichton. It's the same reason why he went off at Mcinnes and Keary as they had a below par 2015. Can't hate his passion!
Well.....he scared off Kearny who did go on to very good things.

I guess the new coach played a part.

Hopefully we will have Mary on his jet ski over there with contract in hand.....

Good luck though boys

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Well.....he scared off Kearny who did go on to very good things.

I guess the new coach played a part.

Hopefully we will have Mary on his jet ski over there with contract in hand.....

Good luck though boys

Yeah in hindsight that was more salary cap pressure than actually wanting him to go. Somebody f**ked up big time with Souths salary cap and nobody really knows who to blame unless you were there.

You steal Crichton I'll cry.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'll be over the moon if we re-sign Crichton. I think our Indigenous links could be the clincher.

This is a question aimed at more experienced Rabbitohs fans, but after reading John Sattlers book (can't recommend it enough) I get a feeling we're in a similar situation as we were in the mid 60s; signing up a bunch of up and comers after some lean seasons.

In 1964 we came last I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) but in 65 we made the Grand Final and lost. In 67 we took out the comp and won the next 3 from 4.

Would love to see a repeat come to fruition.