What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honda civic Type r 2017

beave

Coach
Type R being front wheel drive, that would be the final nail for mine to not buy. 235kw through the front wheels is pretty shit, I know these days the tech is there to assist with torque steer but it can’t really help with understeer in the wet. Get something that is AWD mate, FWD in the wet is just askingg for trouble but thats just my opinion.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Type R being front wheel drive, that would be the final nail for mine to not buy. 235kw through the front wheels is pretty shit, I know these days the tech is there to assist with torque steer but it can’t really help with understeer in the wet. Get something that is AWD mate, FWD in the wet is just askingg for trouble but thats just my opinion.
I know what you mean.. I had a Mazda MPS a few years back.. I pretty much had to start that car from 2nd gear in the wet as the wheels would just spin when taking off from 1st..

I know I'm singing the French praises in this thread, but I don't get the same issues from my Renault

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I know what you mean.. I had a Mazda MPS a few years back.. I pretty much had to start that car from 2nd gear in the wet as the wheels would just spin when taking off from 1st..

I know I'm singing the French praises in this thread, but I don't get the same issues from my Renault
I'm guessing the renault has a bit of extra weight over the front as well?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Don't think it's heavier at the front.. I'm guessing it's down to advancements in torque control & stability control..

The MPS was electronically limited & didn't hit full power until 3rd gear..

Funnily enough when I bought it, people said it was too much power for a FWD car (190kw) but that's almost standard now for the hot meganes, golfs and focus..,

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Don't think it's heavier at the front.. I'm guessing it's down to advancements in torque control & stability control..

The MPS was electronically limited & didn't hit full power until 3rd gear..

Funnily enough when I bought it, people said it was too much power for a FWD car (190kw) but that's almost standard now for the hot meganes, golfs and focus..,
Transmission controlling torque would have made great advances I suppose.

Latest posts