What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacob Hind

MrDragon007

Juniors
Cussy
He was only part time for many years.
He was offered a good job in the super league.
He sould have had a run in the nrl but Mary and him had a fallout.
So was never going to get a run.
He was a good player in the NSW cup for a number of years.
I think in 2016 he won player of the year.
Agree with all points except the falling out with Mary part.
I can tell you straight from his mouth that he and Mary didnt have a falling out.
Mary wasnt a fan of Wakemans style, and Wakeman knew that, there was no blow up or falling out.
It seems MAry wasnt the only one, all other 15 coaches and recruitment men didnt see his style as that of a solid consistent first grader.
Being a good player in the NSW cup doesnt mean a player will make it in first grade.
I seen alot of cutters games, And performances like we see on Wakemans highlight reel were far and few between.
One good solid damaging hard run every 3 or so games. Not good enough for first grade.
I seen a few sharks games last week on fox, normally wont waste my time, but i wanted to see Latimore and how he goes, i gotta say, he is no Vaughan but ill tell you what, he does run hard, bends the defensive line constantly, and takes two or 3 defenders each hit up.
We could do a lot worse then Latimore let me tell you.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I have watched Hind a lot and most on this forum believe that he should have got a go in NRL. When the Cutters won the NSW Cup during that year Wakeman, Host and he were the best players in the forwards especially in attack. I agree with Coast and Slayer that he and Dodd were worth keeping. I believe that if you perform you should get a go. He had more form than Lawrie who was given numerous runs from the bench. Both Hind and Dodd make ground and rarely make mistakes. I was not impressed with Latimore last time around as I believe he makes little impact. Mulholland bought in a host of one year has beens and I was hoping that Millward would not bring in stop gap players as they rarely work out. I am not related to any players and am surprised that Brian Johnston would agree to this mediocre purchase as fringe over the hill NRL players do not help a team win a premiership. Bennett
brought in quality players like Costigan,
Smith and Weyman and used Saffy and they were all better than Latimore. We have few hardened back up players and need to reinforce our forwards to replace Packer, Thompson, Matthews, Havili and Hind as so far the only quality forward purchased is Graham.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Agree with all points except the falling out with Mary part.
I can tell you straight from his mouth that he and Mary didnt have a falling out.
Mary wasnt a fan of Wakemans style, and Wakeman knew that, there was no blow up or falling out.
It seems MAry wasnt the only one, all other 15 coaches and recruitment men didnt see his style as that of a solid consistent first grader.
Being a good player in the NSW cup doesnt mean a player will make it in first grade.
I seen alot of cutters games, And performances like we see on Wakemans highlight reel were far and few between.
One good solid damaging hard run every 3 or so games. Not good enough for first grade.
I seen a few sharks games last week on fox, normally wont waste my time, but i wanted to see Latimore and how he goes, i gotta say, he is no Vaughan but ill tell you what, he does run hard, bends the defensive line constantly, and takes two or 3 defenders each hit up.
We could do a lot worse then Latimore let me tell you.

I can agree with most of what you have said but I know he and Mary had a blow up. I know him personally. I also see just about every game that illawarra plays.
Also all of the nrl games.

I know cup players don't allways make it but he sould have had a go ahead page and loane.
Agree re Latimore.
I don't have a problem with him.
He's a good solid player.

Last edited:
Reactions: jak

Latest posts