What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 home game allocation

Tiger Ted

Bench
Wow 2 away games against Melbourne in the space of 4 weeks. Todd Greenburg can stick that draw where the sun dont shine. Why cant you play every team once before playing teams once. We also play parea twice in the space of 4 weeks.[/QUOT
There's nothing equitable about this pathetic amateurishly administered competition.In addition to the disadvantage we have re limited TPA's our task next season has been made so much more difficult with the monumentally unfair draw we've been served by the gumps at NRL headquarters ! They can't b serious melb twice in 4 wks & games v the top 4 teams from '17 in 1st 4 rounds.What a f**king farce !!

I've never been able to understand y u don't play every team once b4 u play a team for the 2nd time in a season.Its an incomprehensible anomaly of the draw !!

Vic Mackey

Referee
more i look at it the more i dont mind it

11 of first 14 games v top 8 sides however then we only play 1 in the last 11 weeks. if we're even 5 wins after 14 rounds we'll be well placed for a run in. 7 wins would be amazing

also get roosters with no origin players so we finally might beat them

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Just got the members email that has the draw all the way to round 25. One of the toughest years I've ever seen.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Wow 2 away games against Melbourne in the space of 4 weeks. Todd Greenburg can stick that draw where the sun dont shine. Why cant you play every team once before playing teams once. We also play parea twice in the space of 4 weeks.
What an amateurishly designed draw by a pathetic myopic NRL administration.In addition to the disadvantage we have re limited TPA's we get handed a ridiculous draw that encompasses games vs the top 4 from 17 over the 1st 4 rounds and melb twice in the opening 5 rounds.

I've never been able to comprehend y u don't play every team once b4 u start playing teams for a 2nd time in a season.It demonstrates clearly how unfair this competition is & how moronic & unfit the NRL hierarchy are at running the game.

Tiger Ted

Bench

11 of first 14 games v top 8 sides however then we only play 1 in the last 11 weeks. if we're even 5 wins after 14 rounds we'll be well placed for a run in. 7 wins would be amazing

I'm really hoping we start turning the tables on the bondi effluent in round 1 although it's scripted for turdesco to have a blinder as he normally does in the opening rounds of the season.

Radical Rat

Juniors
If this draw is for real and I guess it is, we are in for a battle. The only thing is, the best time to play the gun teams is early in the comp before they get match hardened. Usually the first 6 weeks of the comp there are plenty of upsets
The problem is we're most likely going to take longer to gel than any other team.

Radical Rat

Juniors

I like the positivity, I'm just worried if we're 0-6 or something to start the season, the back end of the year will be irrelevant.

Clifferd

Coach
On a positive I like us playing St George at Leichhardt on a Sunday arvo. We should be able to get atleast one big Sydney team a year at one of our suburban grounds every year

Vic Mackey

Referee
I like the positivity, I'm just worried if we're 0-6 or something to start the season, the back end of the year will be irrelevant.

oh dont worry thats totally a concern for me aswell

On a positive I like us playing St George at Leichhardt on a Sunday arvo. We should be able to get atleast one big Sydney team a year at one of our suburban grounds every year

sadly its 5.30pm saturday, luckily we get the titans on sunday though :rolleyes:

Clifferd

Coach
oh dont worry thats totally a concern for me aswell

sadly its 5.30pm saturday, luckily we get the titans on sunday though :rolleyes:

Haha youre kidding me, I thought common sense would be used but then I remembered it's the nrl so I'm not surprised

We play Manly at Campbelltown on a thurs night too, a match up ive been waiting for years put in the worst time slot known to man

Vozzy

Juniors
We have like 2 real home games in the first 9 weeks. Cos one game is in New Zealand and the other Tamworth.

Rounds 15-25 are all very winnable. So i agree if we win 7 out of our first 14 games we should have a good push for a finals spot. Our hardest games in those rounds are Raiders away and Manly at Leichardt(on paper).

We have a BYE round 17 after a tough run of games.

First 8 weeks are bullshit. Dam merkins making NRL draws.

I think Parramatta will decline next season aswell. Despite being a winger Semi is crucial to them he scores tries out of nowhere. Especially long range ones. They will lose close games next year cos he is good on last tackle when you need a try.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Like any year, the draw has the good with the bad..

No away trip to Brisbane or Townsville this year is a positive...

Getting Roosters prior to Origin is good also....

Still cant believe that they took the Storm home game to Auckland though, so they will make that trek over to Auckland twice and early in the season....

As said above, the last 10 weeks looks soft so if they can weather the early storm ( pardon the pun) and hang in there through to the Origin period they might come home with a wet sail...

super_coach

First Grade
Thursday night game at LO sucks only leave two games at the iconic venue that you can make a event of. Friday night game at Cambo not much better, driving from the inner west to Cambo on a Friday night is murder.

I actually think the draw is a load of crap for members and the club has plenty of input to who they play and where they play.

With a brand new team with lots and lots of new faces it will be a miracle if they win two game in the first 2 months

Clifferd

Coach
Thursday night game at LO sucks only leave two games at the iconic venue that you can make a event of. Friday night game at Cambo not much better, driving from the inner west to Cambo on a Friday night is murder.

I actually think the draw is a load of crap for members and the club has plenty of input to who they play and where they play.

With a brand new team with lots and lots of new faces it will be a miracle if they win two game in the first 2 months

Actually the Campbelltown game is on a thurs too

So basically that's 2 write off home games games for me as I'm usually in bed by 9 on weekdays which is pretty much when the game starts anyway lol

Tigers Tale

Juniors
This looks like one of those draws where we end up coming 9th or 10th. Go well sometimes and meekly submit in other games that we should win.

simmo1

First Grade
It's a shit start to the season, but we shouldn't need to rely on a favourable draw to make the 8. If we play well, we will win enough games to make the 8.

However, this business of teams playing twice within a month is ridiculous. Its not even just us; Parra play 4 teams twice in the first 9 weeks. Its not hard to make a draw where everyone plays each other once in the first 15 weeks.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
However, this business of teams playing twice within a month is ridiculous. Its not even just us; Parra play 4 teams twice in the first 9 weeks. Its not hard to make a draw where everyone plays each other once in the first 15 weeks.

Does anyone have a logical explanation to this? For the life of me I cant work it out.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Actually the Campbelltown game is on a thurs too

So basically that's 2 write off home games games for me as I'm usually in bed by 9 on weekdays which is pretty much when the game starts anyway lol
It's a deadset faeces for brains designed draw.It pisses me off big time how we can get 2 out of a miniscule 6 games at our spiritual homes scheduled for thur nites.Additionally 1 of our 2 home games that's supposed to b enhancement of our brand in our rugby league deprived rural areas ends up in rugby union dominated NZ.It beggars belief as to how dumb this club is & as to how tiny there rugby league IQ is.The status quo continues re how myopic our administration is !
Consequently & due to the weakness of our spine another long winter for us is inevitable !