What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Cronk to play on - Jake Friend to be moved on!

Brutalitops

Juniors
So Rorters get Tedesco and Cronk mmmmm salary cap ???
To be perfectly honest, they have lost RTS, Watson, Maloney, SBW, Guerra, Jennings and Hastings in the last couple of years and replaced most of them with mid tier signings like Ferguson and Gordon who aren't on much.

Obviously Tedesco and Keary were bigger signings but it wouldn't surprise me if they are one player away from signing Cronk. Their team is not as stacked as it once was.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Yep..roosters were always front-runners....so much for an equal playing field.

Getsmarty
Just heard danny the weasel say on tripple mmm that they have offered.
1.775 million for 2 year with only 1 million of there salary cap the rest TPA .
He recons they will off load only kico and mybe Napa.
I know it's only danny W but if true they have done it again.

SET2JT

Juniors
We were after Lichaa for a hooker rotation with McInnes so I don't see why we wouldn't have some interest in Friend for the same role. He's a very good hooker

To be perfectly honest, they have lost RTS, Watson, Maloney, SBW, Guerra, Jennings and Hastings in the last couple of years and replaced most of them with mid tier signings like Ferguson and Gordon who aren't on much.

Obviously Tedesco and Keary were bigger signings but it wouldn't surprise me if they are one player away from signing Cronk. Their team is not as stacked as it once was.
You have to spend the full cap every year nrl requirement. So they only let go of Skd and Aiden to get Teddy and Cronk lol.

getsmarty

Immortal
Getsmarty
Just heard danny the weasel say on tripple mmm that they have offered.
1.775 million for 2 year with only 1 million of there salary cap the rest TPA .
He recons they will off load only kico and mybe Napa.
I know it's only danny W but if true they have done it again.

Yep...heard earlier this year that they were looking into it...Just look at their board and what that brings in terms of Third party. Just watch this space..I bet they offload some fringe player they have cover for..although all their starting line up is virtually rep players LOL

MrDragon007

Juniors
Id say they will off-load Pearce as well. Rumour is Warriors are waiting and could see Pearce as a replacement for Foran.
Cronk and Pearce in the halves wont work, Cronk and Keary is a better suite imo.
As for us asking bout Friend, no thanks, if we need a back up hooker on the bench then put young Robson there. Cheaper and better long term investment.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Id say they will off-load Pearce as well. Rumour is Warriors are waiting and could see Pearce as a replacement for Foran.
Cronk and Pearce in the halves wont work, Cronk and Keary is a better suite imo.
As for us asking bout Friend, no thanks, if we need a back up hooker on the bench then put young Robson there. Cheaper and better long term investment.

If what you have said is correct At least they lose someone of note.
Interesting times ahead.
I hope Robson get some bench time next year.
He has a lot of potential.

Last edited:

Brutalitops

Juniors
I will feel very bad for Pearce if they offload him out of nowhere like this.

I talk down Pearce a lot but that's mostly due to Origin selection. But the fact is his team finished 2nd this year and reached the prelim, I would feel very hard done by if I was offloaded after that.

He actually singlehandedly won them many of their close games this year also

Latest posts