What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Cronk to play on - Jake Friend to be moved on!

JDHD

Juniors
I will feel very bad for Pearce if they offload him out of nowhere like this.

I talk down Pearce a lot but that's mostly due to Origin selection. But the fact is his team finished 2nd this year and reached the prelim, I would feel very hard done by if I was offloaded after that.

He actually singlehandedly won them many of their close games this year also

And the merkin went missing in all the ones that mattered

Life's Good

Coach
The whole ‘Roosters have released players X, Y & Z’ over the years is a load of baloney. In that time they have signed new players and upgraded others so it’s not like they been been static in the market.
To be honest, I don’t think the Roosters are doing anything dodgy and are simply exploiting the TPA. Would be good to see our club pull their finger out and get with the times.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I will feel very bad for Pearce if they offload him out of nowhere like this.

I talk down Pearce a lot but that's mostly due to Origin selection. But the fact is his team finished 2nd this year and reached the prelim, I would feel very hard done by if I was offloaded after that.

He actually singlehandedly won them many of their close games this year also

There no loyalty any more.
I think they will keep him.
They will offload some second stringers like niko and keep them all.
If I was pearce I would want out

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The whole ‘Roosters have released players X, Y & Z’ over the years is a load of baloney. In that time they have signed new players and upgraded others so it’s not like they been been static in the market.
To be honest, I don’t think the Roosters are doing anything dodgy and are simply exploiting the TPA. Would be good to see our club pull their finger out and get with the times.

Agree with you Life's Good
They have the best tpa in place.
We need to get our act together and do the same.

SBD82

Coach
Agree with you Life's Good
They have the best tpa in place.
We need to get our act together and do the same.
It's refreshing to see this line of thinking.

Instead of whinging about the rules, we should strive to be the best we can be within them.

hazzbeen

Bench
Exactly This .... Said the same before if we keep doing everything by the book , we will be left behind . If it takes what the top Clubs do and they get away with it , well be it . Have to be smarter than the way the club operates at the moment , in saying that , Doust the board have not been very smart over the last few years ....

giboz71

First Grade
And the merkin went missing in all the ones that mattered

It’s amazing they have persisted with him for so long. Has never won a big game of note except for the 2013 GF when he had Maloney, SBW and Jennings brought in. They would have won a few more comps the last few years if they had a decent half.

Some guys just don’t have it mentally. Pearce, Barrett in the past, and sometimes I feel that way about Widdop, but that’s a whole nother thread.

Roosters aren’t mugs, surely they know by now they need to do better than Pearce at 7 if they want to win comps. None of this surprises me at all to be honest.

BrissyRedV

Bench
We don't need Jake Friend at hooker. Either go for the golden goose in Cronk or leave it. If we couldn't get Cronk, better looking for pace out wide or Walmsley to strengthen the pack.

RedVDragon

Juniors
What is so hilarious, based on the rorters recruitment policy which apparently is under the cap with so many top line players signed at the club, they continue to fall short each year to win the premiership. They are the classic chokers.

ouryear

Juniors
What is so hilarious, based on the rorters recruitment policy which apparently is under the cap with so many top line players signed at the club, they continue to fall short each year to win the premiership. They are the classic chokers.
Yep 100%.

And Gronk....Shonk.....Cronk, whatever... will not bring to them what they are hoping for.

Based in Sydney with wankers for team mates, I almost feel sorry for Cronk.

Cronk without Smith... I can't wait to see the rorters fans crying in dismay

FlameThrower

Bench
What planet are some are you guys from? If the Rorters get Cronk it further emphasises what a farce the 'Salary Cap' is
Seriously, if the NRL auditors are not at the Roosters books 1st thing on Monday, then they are kidding themselves. And to even suggest they are $400K Under the cap should be ringing alarm bells..
Sorry ...this is a joke..

FlameThrower

Bench
Not sure who that is directed at but the Cronk signing is less about the cap and more to do with clubs & their ability to transition their club from a ‘chook raffle’ to ‘stock market’. Guess which one we are??
That's not point here... Storm got caught, red book, black book and the real book. Its not about chook raffle, its cheating... and Roosters have had this question mark over them for years... if this goes thru and they release a fringe 1st grader then its a joke...$400K under the gap... seriously..how can they say that with a straight face.

ouryear

Juniors
Seriously, if the NRL auditors are not at the Roosters books 1st thing on Monday, then they are kidding themselves. And to even suggest they are $400K Under the cap should be ringing alarm bells..
Sorry ...this is a joke..
Trouble is.......Who else is on uncle nicks payroll from the NRL?
If you don't want to find anything, then you won't!

Belta

Juniors
Life's Good said; "Not sure who that is directed at but the Cronk signing is less about the cap and more to do with clubs and their ability to transition their club from a "chook raffle" to a "Stock market". Guess which one we are?

My guess is a "chook raffle", although that could be giving us too much credit.

whatever the reasons, and I probably slightly paranoid/bias not too mention jealous and feel sometimes we are not playing on a level playing field, (also was secretly hoping Cronk would reunite with Widdop - yeah crazy I know