What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Silent Knight

First Grade
His try against the Cowboys back in 2015 certainly showed us he has plenty to offer in attack

His defence wasn't great in the centres though. BJ Leilua was very much the same when he played there. As was Laterell Mitchell. Centre is the hardest position to defend in

Same as Dane Gagai. But you wouldn't hear a peep about the golden child from Woosh/1qaz.

slotmachine

First Grade
We enjoyed the full gamut of poor defensive technique with those two.

Bring on Josh Morris, still best defensive centre in the game for mine.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Well he has scored plenty more but that was just an example of his attacking skill, which you say he lacks

You really are a bit of a twat

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Will not follow League if Roosters sign him and only lose basement players and no league officials or identities blow up about it.

Bartwah

Juniors
Would you guys look at Mitchell Pearce if he was pushed out of the roosters. Purely hypothetical, we all know the roosters work under the salary sombrero

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Would you guys look at Mitchell Pearce if he was pushed out of the roosters. Purely hypothetical, we all know the roosters work under the salary sombrero

Absolutely yes.

Apparently Jake friend is being pushed out of the roosters though with Pearce moving to hooker.

Friend would be good, but we have hooker covered. In saying that, we also have the halves covered. But Pearce would be worth a big 2 year contract. I think Pearce could do with a change of scenery.

6. Watson
7. Pearce

Lamb is still young, but a 2 year contract for Pearce could push him out. It’s a tough decision. I’d trust whatever brown and Mooney would decide if Pearce did come on the market. I’d be happy either way I think

Old dog

Juniors
We wanted Cronk, very very unlikely, we wanted Maloney, very unlikely, now we want Pearce, unlikely. If not any of them then I believe we should go for it with what we have which is pretty good.
If we got Pearce, more likely than the other two then it would be Pearce/Watson in firsts, Cogger/Lamb in reserves, bye bye Hodko if he will go, all very unlikely.
But we can continue to dream

Pedge1971

First Grade
One more front rower and a centre. All we need for now. Save the money for 2019 if Lamb does not work out. I think he can and will.

Old dog

Juniors
Yes we will improve, if up to me my priority would be a centre first, front row second and anything else that improves the squad is a bonus, we have most positions covered pretty well barring long term serious injury in key positions

Gravy

Juniors
Pearce is a good player, not great but a top line club half back.

Damn he's been lucky to play as many origins as he has though, and apart from 2013 he's pretty much cracked under pressure his whole career.

He would improve the team in it's current state but can't see him leading the club back to our glory days.

I think Lamb can step up next year and you gotta look at the risk/reward in it and the risk of losing Lamb with his potential isn't worth the reward we would get from Pearce IMO.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
If Jake Friend hits the market, we should go after him, i don't care that we got Slade, having Friend start games and Levi coming off the bench would be the best thing for this team.

It gives us leadership, a fantastic defender, and a proven winner.

Old dog

Juniors
I would be happy to stick with our current halves/hookers for 2018, if they handle it ok then sweet, we loose Hodko for 2019 and buy replacement if required the rest are all young with many years in front of them.
More use to get a experienced prop, 3-4 years of good football left, make halves/hookers job easier, hard no nonsense type and of course we need a centre possibly two, one experienced who can tackle and another developing fringe first grader.
THATS MY WISH LIST SANTA BROWN

Joel-22

Juniors
Call me crazy but I think the best thing to happen would be Joseph Manu being pushed out. Potential superstar who would slide right into our only remaining weak spot.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Manu would be a fantastic pick up, but doubt they would let him go, on very low monry and also seen as Fergos replacement in due to time.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
One more front rower and a centre. All we need for now. Save the money for 2019 if Lamb does not work out. I think he can and will.
1xzy5p.jpg

1xzy5p

Latest posts