What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

BennyV

Referee
Yep, unbelievable, I agree with you.

By the way, when Cronk plays without Cam Smith, storm win only 44% of their games.
Do you have a source for this statistic? I've tried, but I simply cant find a stat anywhere that lists the games that Cronk has played without Smith? And I'm sure you wouldn't be making up things to fuel your random whinges about Storm...
Bellamys record of 13 finals losses from 15 campaigns is worse than average.
You might need this champ...
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/average

getsmarty

Immortal
2018 recruit Hunt discusses RLWC
Thu 26th October, 01:00PM
A A

St George Illawarra 2018 recruit Ben Hunt recently chatted to Dragons TV about the upcoming 2017 Rugby League World Cup.

Hunt - named as 19th man for the Kangaroos Test against England this Friday - discusses his selection in the squad and whether he thought his late-season shift to hooker for the Broncos helped his cause.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/10/26/hunt_discusses_upcom.html

ouryear

Juniors
Easy tiger.

Just pointing out your poor maths. Let me make it simple for you.

1/8 teams win the final series, therefore this is the average.

2/15 > 1/8
Come off it.

Top 4 win 100% GF of time
So storm are half the average!

Ok buster

ouryear

Juniors
Nice attempt to shift the goalposts. But...

They are 2/7 when they make top 4.

You need me to show you the maths again chum?

Exactly.

You defend my case very well, I owe you.

You have just proven he is an average coach. 2/7 is exactly that, average.

Now, no more myths of greatness!

Cheers and Thank You.

Old Timer

Coach
Exactly.

You defend my case very well, I owe you.

You have just proven he is an average coach. 2/7 is exactly that, average.

Now, no more myths of greatness!

Cheers and Thank You.
And the stats on the other coaches from the same era which in your opinion are better??????

BennyV

Referee
So the answer is yes? I need to do the maths for you?

2/7 > 1/4

Therefore by definition, better than average.
Actual footage of ouryear reading your post...
14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

ouryear

Juniors
So the answer is yes? I need to do the maths for you?

2/7 > 1/4

Therefore by definition, better than average.
Are you grade 2?

If you make the top 4, average is 1 in 4, 2 from 8.

So he is 2 from 7,
YES....about damn average

If you say he is GREAT, like some others on here , shall we say GREAT would be 5 from 7.

Yes...he is AVERAGE.

I AGREE.

SBD82

Coach
I know that you have several fights in your current incarnation, and that probably makes it diffficuly to keep track.

This is what you said:

Bellamys record of 13 finals losses from 15 campaigns is worse than average.

After I pointed out your poor maths you moved the goalposts, but you were still wrong.

I'm not going to debate with you about how great bellamy is, because logic and reason are wasted with you. But if you want to use maths to prove something you should double check your maths first. Average has a very specific meaning when working with numbers.

Yes...he is AVERAGE.

I AGREE.

At the very least, by the standards and measurement that you chose, he is better than average.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Back on topic I am an unabashed fan of Hunt, even playing for the broncos. After seeing Ash Taylor sign for a mil per season I think its reasonable to say we haven’t paid too much for him.
With the likely increase in the cap over the next 6 years, Hunt may end up being a bargain buy. I think Hunt is the most significant signing that we have made in the last 37 plus years. The first ingredient to winning a comp is having a top class halfback and we will finally have one next year.

Life's Good

Coach
Looking at the whole Cronk/Pearce situation I can’t help but be very content that we have locked in Hunt. Imagine this place if we were debating whether to sign Cronk(while he was unsigned), Pearce or even looking at Keary again?
Forward thinking, good fortune or just right place, right time it’s nice to have a settled halves pairing.

Latest posts